VOTE Choisty

Comments

• Right off now for the second session of the day again it's hills, short Kenyan ones this time, shame the weather isn't a little more Kenyan!
  • TownerTowner ✭✭✭
    you have my vote, for reasons already mentioned by others! (particularly pies!!) good luck fella.
  • Well that was hard, 13 hills in 30 minutes. Why did the wind have Into our faces on the way up? At least I earnt my beer tonight
  • It's Friday...oh yes!  My favourite day of the week, start fo the weekend, last day of work etc etc.  But also in my training Friday is the day when I run for me; so I generally run without a watch, route or plan and just see how I feel.  Somedays this means I manage about 20mins, on others I can be gone for hours.  I often try new routes and getting lost its always a good way to meet people when you knock on a door in the middle of nowhere to ask where you are (sometimes you even get a nice cuppa)!

So happy friday everyone

• Odd run today, went out feeling good, after two miles completely bonked, probably due to not eating last night apart from the traditional post rep packet of twiglets.  Still managed to keep going for another 10miles, although at a reduced pace and with a pair of cramping calves...doh!
  • Hi Lee, what sort of weekly mileage are your ticking over at the moment?
  • I am currently managing between 50 and 60, so not a bad base as I try and get back into shape
  • Time is marching on and the weekend plan is entering my head...I am going to take heart and train like I am going to Paris and run long for 18miles.  It will be saturday to fit with family commitments and to avoid shopping then Sunday will be a blissful day of rest. 

Anyone else running long on Saturday?

• As a long time clubmate of Choisty, he was always going to get my vote.

A dedicated trainer who has worked hard to reach his current level. He always has a word of encouragement for the slower runners as he showed last night as he lapped me for the third time in our Kenyan Hill session.

He is a mainstay of the Overton Harrier's club: Men's team captain, committee member, race organiser and is genuinely one of the nicest guys around.

Well worthy of anyones vote.

• Probably get out for a steady 14/15 miler on Sunday.
  • Yup ...Sunday for me as well. Distance dependent on snow, rain, hurricane bawbag or indeed sunshine !

Not sure why exactly (maybe just habit rather than any real reason) but I always associated Long Runs with being Sunday runs. Since looking at template training plans, it seems that fits with tradition though ?!?!

Kinda spooky that the final 5 will be heading to London a week tomorrow eh ?

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned whatever that may entail image

• Graham, it is tradition here but in Kenya long runs are Saturdays and Sundays are rest days (religous reasons), for me it is the only day the family can be together as my daughter does 4hrs of gymnastics on saturdays, so I run while she is there.

Too right it is spooky about final 5 heading to London in weeks time...but who will it be? Is anyone running a book and if not it might be a good way of earning a little extra money!

• Don't know about an official book but judging by the voting criteria being applied by my "pals" at work ...you and me are stuffed, but all the girls are through !
  • It is rather nippy but I am going to continuevwith shorts on today's long run but will be wearing gloves. Should be fun as I am escaping from basingstoke my wife drops me off and I have to find my way home!
  • That was hard, 18miles through the hills the puddles were still frozen and it just got colder as the sun dropped out of the sky. Still it warm now I'm sitting in the bath trying to loosen up my calves
  • Calves loose, crust as tree up, lights on a few not working so a trip to b and q tomorrow now too tired to argue about having to have x factor on.

The terrain was horrid today mile after mile of clawing mud hence the sore calves. Not sure adidas swoops were the right choice inov8 talon would of been better.

Still I have earnt my pie and beer tonight
  • Although a cuppa was my post run preference
  • No training today but still productive all the Christmas decorations are now up and various DIY jobs completed all washed down with plenty of tea
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭
    You've got my vote as I'm looking forward to seeing if you can pull off such a fast time, plus I was brought up in Basingstoke.(but keep that to yourself!)
  • Cheers and how did you escape?
  • How was your day? I did a nice eleven cross country then had to go shopping. Good to see good pals did so well at Bedford half, I met them on here when training for vlm in 2010, stayed in touch ever since met up for GNR and Birmingham. Great site for making running pals. Well done to Sara and Rod.
    Roll on tuesday hope you have your vote in folks. Sorry to be boring!!
  • Good luck Choisty. You've had my vote too. Though we didn't speak much in Birmingham as we were in different groups I'm pretty sure it was you who, while my group were doing the fast 5K exercise said something encouraging every time you powered past me while your group were on the progression run.  Embarassing as it was being overtaken by someone doing their slow pace while I was actually running what turned out to be a 5K PB, someone bothering to encourage other runners like that while there was plenty of other stuff they could have been focussing on gets my vote. image  

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    "Cheers and how did you escape?"

Turned left at the top of Roman rd and ended up in newbury!
  • Rosie don't be embarrassed we all try the same speed isn't everything. I always try and encourage others as it inspires me when people run.

Moof I'm in kingsclere so didn't get as far as you!

Mcs it was a lovely relaxed day with the family now wrapping presents Merry Christmas

• Well today is a two session day, starting with an easy session at lunchtime, followed up by the hardest session of the week, a 10mile tempo run, weather looks good though.
  • First session all done, 4miles to the gate at bramley station and back, nice and easy in the beautiful crisp air still in shorts but with long sleeves and gloves...happy days
  • 5kms done at lunch at a steady pace, took me 26 mins.........down to the bank and a bit of a detour on the way back to get my 5kms in........sunshine and the mooing of cows and sheep as its the Farmers Market day here in Bakewell. Good market if ever you fancy a visit up north!!! Good running in the Peak District too....image

If you haven't voted time to please check us out and vote for whoever you want...........image

• Love the peak district it's where I used to mountain bike at weekends (around ladybower) when I was at uni (notts) these days I only seem to pass through which is a shame.

Are you out this evening as well?

• Going to run home tonight going for five I reckon just to make me tired......dont think I will be able to sleep tonight with the excitement. Lost my gloves so going to be cold hands tonight.......new batteries for the head torch to head up the trail.

I love the ride round Ladybower. I built a mountain bike with a carbon frame a couple of years back. I rode that into work this morning down the trail. Here's a pic of where I run along and near to the office last winter before the deep stuff really arrived.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/monsaltrail_2.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/Compressed_commute.JPG