ASK ME ANYTHING (LadeyJadey)...

Comments

• Where is the OP, have they abandoned all hope?
  • TownerTowner ✭✭✭
    they may have foolishly thought we talk about running on the forum mouse!
  • Why would they think we talk about running?
  • TownerTowner ✭✭✭
    think someone mentioned it ages ago......and theres a picture of some trainers on the homepage.....
    (all the best AllNew)
  • Trainers on the homepage? Blimey, must have a look.
  • Just taking a late lunch and thought I'd check the forums - wow. Strong response here in more ways than one. In no particular order......you can't get a square root of a negative no. can you? 0, 1, 10.91 km (had to google that one), orange smarties only taste better if you like orange, def 'chop', spag bol, don't we all, hope so, don;t watch either. I'm taking the fifth on a few but you can mix and match as you so wish! image Choisty, be my guest image

HL and GP - Soz. I am just trying to offer people a flavour of me so that they can choose to like it or not. If they don't, that's cool but just wanted to take the opportunity of putting myself out there so forumites can make an informed decision if they want to vote. I have been really lifted by the support I have received generally and from the guys I met at BootCamp and so still believe that there is a runners community out there that will embrace me. Totally each to their own though. If I am not your cup of tea just 'ignore' me. I'll live...

SC - I have really tried and have engaged with a no. this week but as I am sure you all know time is pretty limited. I have only set up one Asics thread (bar this one) in response to the comments on the forums. I have found reading the forums really useful in the past but have been a bit of a nervous poster because I wasn't sure if some of my non-running chat would be welcome - based on this, I guess I should have been braver! image Within the last week, aside from the Asic's stuff,  I have found out about a great route for a run in Derbyshire and been directed towards some new gloves and so all is not lost whatever happens.

Anyway, radio silence over. Work kind of takes over 9 - 5 ish and I had better get back to the grindstone. Vote for me if you like but, if you don't, then no probs at all.

AN - Magnanimous enough to say GOOD LUCK tomorrow. Hope you get it! image

Oh and Gyraffe - this is for the Asics 26.2 competition - I will run a marathon next year whatever (probably Edinburgh) but this is a great opportunity to receive support and training so if you want to find out more visit: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/asics-target-262-the-vote/7748.html 

• square root of -1 is i

apart from that pretty much agree

• Based on your experience of the forum to date, if you don't win your category, will you continue to post?

PS Think you'd probably have received a warmer welcome on the Mudanies thread if you'd just joined in rather than gatecrashing with a "vote for me" then disappearing off, never to be heard from again.

• LadeyJadey wrote (see)

. I have found reading the forums really useful in the past but have been a bit of a nervous poster because I wasn't sure if some of my non-running chat would be welcome - based on this, I guess I should have been braver!

image Seriously, as a lurker had you never visited the Clubhouse threads?!
  • Or any of the tri threads??image

• I joined when I was running by myself and so, to be perfectly honest, felt I had more to learn than offer, and so stuck to the 'sub 4 hour and VLM 2011 threads - wishful thinking at the time image

As someone who has discovered sport later in life the idea of a 'clubhouse' still scares me. Conjures up images of a intimidating place where everyone knows each other and there isn't much room for a newbie...hang on a second. Only joking!!

I think that the forums are great and as I said before, I have already gleaned some useful info this week and previously. I also feel a little more confident in terms of my running now and so def feel like I can give something back. One of my main motivations for the comp was being part of a supportive team. I plan to stick around and hope that I can find the threads that works for me and vice versa.

Oh and wouldn't you put yourself out there a bit if you were in the same position?! I did note that my plea was shameless, explicity included pictures of my dog and entitled my thread 'Vote for me' so it could be easily avoided by forumites turned off by the whole thing.

Aaah, yet again running distracts me. Could be a late finish at work tonight image

• BTW - Choisty, what is 'i'? I am intrigued! You learn something every day!

• hahahaha. 

So in summary good luck! image

• i is an imaginary number LJ.  It is defined as the square root of -1.  That's about all I can remember from A level maths.
  • Never made it to the dizzy heights of A-Level maths. You do indeed learn something new every day...even if you don't wholly understand it! image Thanks SC.
  • SuperCaz wrote (see)
    i is an imaginary number LJ.  It is defined as the square root of -1.  That's about all I can remember from A level maths.

I thought that was j, not i?

LadeyJadey, will I miss the last train home from London tomorrow night? If I know up front I can be prepared.

• OK question time:

How many Smarties would in take to fill the new Wembley stadium and what is the final figure if you subtract this total from the total it took to fill the old Wembley stadium

• It is i and is used to help complete complex equations (my use physics) where a number can be expressed a multiple of i. Still it doesn't help if you miss the train
  • i is a very useful number image

LadeyJadey wrote (see)
    Oh and wouldn't you put yourself out there a bit if you were in the same position?! I did note that my plea was shameless, explicity included pictures of my dog and entitled my thread 'Vote for me' so it could be easily avoided by forumites turned off by the whole thing.
    Maybe if I was very new to the forums and unknown to people.  However I don't recall such a proliferation of 'Me, me, me' threads in the past with this competition even from the newbies
  • Choisty wrote (see)
    It is i and is used to help complete complex equations (my use physics) where a number can be expressed a multiple of i. Still it doesn't help if you miss the train

i sit corrected. image

Good luck LJ.

• I think j is used for the same purpose in electronics as i has another meaning, but I can't think off the top of my head how it would be useful in electronics, but then it's not my area
  • Oh come and join the clubhouse!
    It's miles more interesting than running!
    And LadeyJadey......what are your views on pandas in Scotland?
  • Hi all,

I totally see your point USB and am fairly new to the forums as a poster. I never made out I was anything else and was only following the steer from RW. I followed ur thread last year as I was training for London and found it really helpful. I was just a slightly nervous poster before.

Anyway, if I'm being 100 percent honest, I'm a bit tired of justifying this. I got the temperature wrong and for that I do apologise. It's a 'no' anyway for me so no need for anyone to worry about this anymore image

The only thing I would say though is that everyone I met at bootcamp was lovely. I totally get and appreciate the 'regulars' point of view however, if ur asking whether new people will be sticking around on the forums, I, for one, would like to as I have found it really useful before but have to admit I (and maybe some others) have been a bit deterred by the strength of reaction to this competition. After all, I love banter as much as the next person but it is only a game and some of the responses seem to be a little personal!! I promise you this isn't a rant just wanted to get my point of view across. I will stick around on threads as and where they are relevant and will really look forward to watching the final five progress.

Anyway, wanted to say thanks to those that have supported me, WELL DONE to those that got through and au revoir to this thread!

• Christmas slowfoot wrote (see)

OK question time:

How many Smarties would in take to fill the new Wembley stadium and what is the final figure if you subtract this total from the total it took to fill the old Wembley stadium

Only Smarties have the answer. image

• LadeyJadey wrote (see)
    I totally get and appreciate the 'regulars' point of view however, if ur asking whether new people will be sticking around on the forums, I, for one, would like to as I have found it really useful before but have to admit I (and maybe some others) have been a bit deterred by the strength of reaction to this competition.

LadeyJadey - commiserations on not getting through. I have only been dipping in and out of a small number of the voting threads started by entrants so missed most of the controversy, but just wanted to say that I hope you and the other potential entrants don't decide to abandon the forums based on the reactions to this competition. No-one "owns" the Forums, you can use it however you want - and there is always the "ignore member" feature if someone does get too annoying image 

• You're not annoying me....
    Commiserations. You'll find it's the competition people are peed off with, not you LJ.

If you stick around you'll fit in just nicely.
  • and sling your name into the hat for a Forum mentor Jadey....... some (most) of them are barking and absolutely full of rubbish but you might be lucky and get a decent one who can speak English.

I am sure you will fit in just fine, just avoid peroxide scousers image