I KNOW I CAN DO IT

I just want to say a very big thankyou to all those who got me through my bad patch last week Thanks V-rep for encouraging me to go out running on Thursday night. It turned out to be the best run i had ever had, even my foot which i have have had problems with for about 3 weeks didn't give me any probs.

I went out with a group most of them a lost faster tham me,we all got lost and i got left behind, way behind. It turned out that i did most of the run on my own but because i was playing catch up i ran faster and further than i had ever ran. Only about 70mins but that is far for me. and i didn't feel any pain in my thighs, tired legs but not painfull legs.

today i was determind to go further than that so i could build up to my half marathon. got lost again this timei was on my own. Had a great time really enjoyed myself. Was able to get a lot of thing sorted out in my head.
I ended up running for 100mins. I know you shouldn't build up distance that fasr but i got lost and wanted to get home as soon as pos.

I now know that i can do this thank to you lost and your support.
My legs ach so much but that will pass.

I can do this. I can do this.

THANK YOU

JEN.

By the way i have a new identity too
Jelly bean. That is what my friends call me. don't ask me why.

Comments

• Well done Jelly Bean. Everybody gets the scrubby bits from time to time. Glad you've gotten through it. Keep letting us know what you're up to!

Marj
  • Really well done!
    (I have to ask though - why jelly bean?!!)Simon
  • Well done Jelly Bean! My favourite marathon training sweets-YUM!
  • What's this Hilly, a new picture every day. Whatever happened to a long lens or fill in flash.

Nice one Jelly Bean, keep up the good work
  • Sorry Blue Knees, very amateur photographers in my household. I think I'll stick to this picture for a few days and then I'll most probably get fed up with it and look for another!
  • Well done, Jelly Bean. That sounds like a serious amount of running, and the main thing is that you've discovered that running isn't always a chore but can be a pleasure.

Now - this is not a kick up the bum and I'm talking to myself as much as to you - don't forget that the training effect takes place on REST days!

You're well on track for a good half-marathon now.

Cheers, V-rap.
  • I see what you mean V-Rap.

I am a bit stif today and my foot is giving me a bit of jip. Nothing that a good days rest want cure. Will do a short/fast run tomorrow and hopfully will not get lost this time! I'm glad i did it though i proved to myself that it can be done.

Wht Jelly Bean, well jelly is fat and wobbly and about 18 months ago i was very fat and i wabbled in all the wrong places and now all my friends think i lok like a beanpole (i don't realy) hence jelly bean.
    cant stand them myself to sweet.

see you later,

Jen
  • Well done Jelly. Great to hear. Best of luck.
  • Good stuff Jelly old Bean! Does anyone else pretend they are Paul Tergat when they are out running? Why aren't I Kenyan?