Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Lee

Comments

• Hi Choisty, just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I have been a silent follower of your thread and it's been interesting to read your progress and I've found it very useful with all the good advice and tips from yourself and others. You definitely deserve to achieve your target time as your approach and dedication to your training plan has been exemplary. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you do. Matt
  • Lee - just heard your result - 2:44 - that has smashed your PB by 10 mins !!! what a fantastic result - pleased for you - bierre maintenant s'il vous plait !!!!!

• Podium photo on Emma's thread
  • Wow! What a time. Absolutely fantastic.
  • Congrats awesome time well done enjoy the feeling!! Awesome!
  • Lee brilliant run you must be delighted!
  • 2:44?  Excellent!  Championship runner!  Very proud....

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Lee, that's an awesome time image
  • Well done lee really pleased for you and your pre paris trip obviously did the trick! See you on the champs section next year image
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Lee!
  • Indeed great run by Lee - paced it well and strong all the way. Did a brilliant job throughout
  • Thank you everyone, felt strong from the outset and smashed my PB by over 10 mins, to officially finish in 2:43:59 in 183rd 3rd Britain, Sam's hubby was 1st! I am over the moon and feeling great ready for beer o'clock. so no more until tomorrow for a blow by blow account.

The forum post definitely spurred me on when the going was tough, thanks again to you all.
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Fantastic run choisty, very well done. 10 min PB!!
  • Brilliant execution of a plan - congratulations.

Might see you on the "Gibbet" as I live in Highclere.....our paths might cross one day.

• Just popping by to say well done Lee!!!
  • Lee, don't know what to say other that the biggest WELL DONE, amazing result...
  • The best thing about yesterday was that we all did it making celebrating loads of fun. Mike that would be cool, most of my long runs have gone out toward Highclere past the castle but not over the A34
  • RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

Lee - congrats, fantastic effort! How were the DS racers, thinking of sorting myself out with a pair.

• Not only was Lee amazing for himself - he is a great team player and totally supported the rest of the Team! Thanks for being such a star Lee (and the lovely Jane too!).

Awe inspiring - I shall get faster!

• Well done Choisty. must be a great feeling. Will you be living it up in the elite zone next year?

• Lee - well done again, great run

• Sam's hubby wasn't quickest Brit after all - someone ran 2:37 but Choisty stays third on gun time as he beat the runner with slightly faster chip time across the line.

Lee was out very late last night celebrating (knocking back first pint in five seconds) but was up Eiffel Tower first thing this morning and looked well in afternoon.

He can now do Boston or London next year.

• Hello again, I am still grinning like a Cheshire cat image very very happy bunny indeed.

First off, there are a few thank yous that need to be said:

Steve - You are an amazing coach, the schedule really worked and the tough session made the marathon a joy, I have never been so strong.  The words you had for me on Marathon day galvanized my mind and meant that for the first time ever I stuck to the plan! The right coach, the right plan, the right strategy...GENIUS

Ruth - I didn't hit the wall, slowed a little in the 3 of the final 4 miles but that was against the wind, so the carb loading worked and I entered race day light but loaded

Sarah - core work kept me pretty much injury free, apart from Salisbury plain in -7C, but that is circumstance

Sam - Not my coach, I know but always a friendly face and loads of encouragement

Forumites - You're tips, encouragement, best wishes and similar journeys made this so much easier, especially at the bleak times (mid-feb) when your support kept me going

Stacey - The fairy godmother of ASICS, the kit was perfect and I am a real convert to DS Racers from now on, your encouragement through the process and on race day was ace...so was the ASICS area on the finish line

Runners World Crew - So much fun to be around even the photos and videos were made into fun (especially when running from the Gendarme's!), the organisation was great no stress so we could focus on running

Colin (Knight Rider), Craig (BoDuke), Emma (EmmaC), Rosie (RosieA) - What a great bunch of guys they have been amazing throughout the experience making running and partying with them an absolute joy.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

I will post an update tonight, reviewing the race mile by mile

• Lee - only one person missing from your list and this is you - take a big pat on the back for doing all the training, listening to your coaches and support folk and sharing your experiences on this thread for 16 weeks - enjoy the recovery and hope to see you at a local event in the summer sometime - still haven't forgotten the offer of a beer !!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    I have to echo Emma's comment. Always supportive and a proper team player, inspiring my friend. And you can party too. BTW your OH is also wonderful, tell her I said that, please.

Well done you totally deserve it.
  • RS78 - DS Racers, go for it the perfect marathon shoe (for me at least) not a moments problem, I got one blister the same as always in any race over HM.

Otis - I will be using Elite plave or maybe just maybe going for Boston, is missed out on Fukuoka 2:43 B qualifying standard!!!

Oscarr - The beer is waiting, hopefully you will race too

Craig - Cheers mate, Jayne reads this so she will get the message

• Lee- pleased you enjoyed the race as well as the journey getting there. Thanks so much for allowing me to be part of this, really loved my time on the forums. I will be back on to read your detailed race report but shall sign of with a final well done!

Good luck to all racing this weekend.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Choisty,

I've been lurking as I've had absolutely nothing constructive to say until now!  Well done I'm really chuffed you've achieved your goal.  I really hope getting to the Championship Start at which ever marathon you do lives up to all that you hope it does and you have an awesome race when you get there.

• Well done Choisty, excellent run. You should be extremely proud of yourself as you have trained so hard, as well as keeping everyone updated on this thread. All the best for your future runs, 3:30 next target?