Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Emma

Comments

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Emma - yes, I'm running the MK Marathon next week. Eeek image

You were beaming at the end of the race (all of you were, in fact). Absolutely outstanding to have everyone achieve their target - Sam and the Asics team did a fantastic job.

I tried out my new Garmin pace settings today (lap pace and current pace) and they were much better at helping me hit my target. That's another tick in the "ready" box for next week. Thanks for your help with that.
  • The video and pics are stunning, and Iwas especially struck by how fantastic looking [and coherent] you all were at the end!

You could junk the make up no problem.
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
  • Just dropping in quickly cos I'm heading off to London for a) my birthday dinner at my mum's... homemade chicken pie and b) apparently there's a big race on near her house tomorrow so thought I might watch it. image GOOD LUCK to all you VLMers - remember, rein yourselves in over the early miles, stick to your plan but above all, enjoy the race. Hope it goes brilliantly!

• Have a lovely birthday SMR! What a great time to have a birthday!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Sam!
  • Happy birthday Sam! Have a great day!
  • Happy Birthday Sam - bet no one makes chicken pie like your mum either eh! Enjoy image

And thirding RR! Ben also commented on the fact that none of you looked like you'd done anything as you crossed the line - most of us don't look that good on the start line nevermind by the end!

Enjoy tomorrow all - I've set tv to record! I'll be pretending I'm there too when I'm out for my longie!  

oscarr - ooo, ooo - nearly there, nearly there! Bet your feet are itching...

Have managed to resist the temptation to enter Brighton, Edinburgh etc - you are a very naughty bunch of peeps - it's a good job I have next year already in my head or I absolutely would have given in! LOL

New parkrun for me today (gotta like it when you get 1st in your age cat with your normal sort of time - guessing all the fasties were elsewhere - but I'll take the glory - it happens so rarely!) and then off to a track meet to watch Ben in action.  My highlight of the day was seeing Jess Ennis in real life - she's so tiny! Was a bit star struck! image

• Hey SB - have missed you!!!!!!!

You are one of the fasties you crazy lady!

I look so different before the race and after - about 10 years younger as I was so stressed!

What are race plans for next year then Missey - which event are we all going to try and meet at?image

• Sam - happy birthday

Sleepy - congrats on Park Run win, brilliant

Emma - hope you enjoy watching VLM today, reckon it will bring back Paris memories big time !!

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Sam!
  • Morning all - hands up who got up early just because they're excited LOL - oh yeah that'll be me!

Sorry Em - had one of those weeks where I had didn't have much to say - no reason - just chilled with nothing much happening! Was quite happily absorbed reading everyone else's contributions. Here I am though... 

2013 for me - initial thoughts

Jan - xc

Feb - Watford half

March - Duathlon with Jane

April - 5k / 20 miler

May - Cape Wrath Challenge (inc Marathon for the first time)

June - rest +10k

July - 10 miler

August - Half

September - 20 miler 

October - Kielder Marathon

November - Cyprus 4 day - the one Alice did  (cos Ben wants to go!!)

December - xc

Watford anyone? I'm open to suggestions for April, July, August, September too - happy to travel as ever!

Thanks oscarr - the weird thing was that I tried the running-without-watch thing - how odd was that - kept thinking about it even knowing there was nothing I could do! LOL - and still I run at my same old 5k/10k speed -  maybe one day my 5k will be faster than my 10k - might have to have a year focusing on 5ks at some point and get that 50 t shirt before Rosie LOL - hmmm 2014 looks busy then imageWas fab recce of new course though - now just need to be brave enough to start further forward - paths were quite narrow so had a slower than normal start.

Decision time - do I go plonk myself in front of tv or go for my run first or go for run at 2pm  - oooh oooh I can't decide... thank goodness for recording function eh!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Run @2:00 is my vote!
  • Yip - am glued to the tv and tracking various people - Rosie through 5k in 25.22 image
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Where did you get the tracking???
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Got it. My school mate is at half way in 1:16 too!!!
  • whoop whoop - Rosie through 15k - 1:15:43
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Through the half! This is so much fun!!!
  • Think we've turned into stalkers LOL image
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Congratulations MWW image

Enjoy the medal and put your feet up.
  • How did she get on? Tell, tell...

Extra pudding for all VLMers today - was truly inspiring to watch you all - I don't like big city races but even I was thinking 'ooooh it does look pretty tempting...' image (and I got a good soaking cos I delayed my run so I could stay in and watch it til the end LOL)

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    SB - I'll leave it for MWW to tell all image I don't want to steal her thunder.

What struck me today was the sheer number of people pouring over the finish line for hours. You are certainly never alone in that race. Unless you're a Kenyan.
  • Stalkers, seriously weird guys!! Great running by all again this weekend had to stay in and watch most of the marathon and recover from yesterday's Grindelford Gallop......still sore, too many hills. Awesome running from Rosie again. Did you see nel mcandrews time, blimey she is quick now, saw here in 2010 at Greenwich park, very fast and not much of her now!
    Shame Liz yelling didn't do so well.
  • mcs - LOL - we were tracking several friends at this end - there were little cheers every time they passed each 5k marker - didn't manage to spot anyone on tv though (booo). image Hope you feel refreshed!

Nel - stunning ain't she - truly corking time! Felt for Yelling and Damen - heartbreaking!

Ten - yip I think I will have a supply of the blackcurrant ones too with a caffeine one for the last 90 mins!

MWW - ooooh ooooh it sounds exciting - my curiousity is activated....

• Morning all

Just a quick visit...got to go to workimage

Had a great day, run didn't go to plan though! STrated off following the 11 min mile pacer, but for the first 5 miles or so was going too fast and I had to drop back. I was much too hot and my neck ws painful from about 8 miles, really struggled from 8-17 miles and had to walk quite a bit. I picked up a bit from mile 17 and finally finished in 5.31.36. No where near the sub 5 I wanted, but happy to have finished.

Thank you all for your support and adviceimage

• Hey MWW - how unlucky!  Shame it wasn't your day but your time will come! Good on you for keeping going - I'm not a fan of heat either.  Hold your head high - you've done something many only dream of! imageimage
  • Congrats MWW!

SB, I hadn't realised you got rained on because of us! That's dedication to the supporting cause. thanks image

• Well done MWW - you got round, you dealt with what life presented you with on the day and hung in there - so you should be proud! Enjoy your well-earned recovery.

I managed to see three of the people I was looking out for at the first mile marker but missed a few others in the sea of bobbing faces! Saw that Steve Marathon Coach clocked 2.59 which is great - he reckoned he was on 3.02 form so he will be pleased. And Rosie did another great time - 3.35 I think, off the back of Paris last wkd. Don't know how she does it! But even more glad now, that she got her sub 3.30 last weekendimage

Hi Emma! How are you feeling a week on? Recovered? Considering a petit run?