Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Comments

• Where's this video ten?
  • Found it ten sorry, won't play on this have to power up the laptop!
    Cycled today left the trainers at home.......didn't get wet today thankfully.
    Going to make flapjacks as hungry!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Just seem the video... Is that me??? Bloody hell...

Not my nipple , so I'm happy!
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    For anybody struggling to find it...

I can't post links when I use Chrome, but cut and paste the following..

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/asics-target-262-video-the-race/8203.html

• Ten - you are lucky it was just the nipple shot that got shown. All I can say is that the use of vaseline got a lot lower (but still above the knees if you know what I mean!). I'll let you into a secret - I have got 3 nipples and (to my knowledge) only greased 2 of them -  #rebelwithoutacausebut3nipples

A brillaint video and very well done & professional, felt very emotional watching it back.

• I'm going to watch it a few more times!
  • BoDuke wrote (see)
    Just seem the video... Is that me??? Bloody hell... Not my nipple , so I'm happy!
    knight rider wrote (see)

Ten - you are lucky it was just the nipple shot that got shown. All I can say is that the use of vaseline got a lot lower (but still above the knees if you know what I mean!). I'll let you into a secret - I have got 3 nipples and (to my knowledge) only greased 2 of them -  #rebelwithoutacausebut3nipples

A brillaint video and very well done & professional, felt very emotional watching it back.

I'm glad to say they didn't ask for a shot of my nipples!

Great video - made me want to go back and do it - with less nerves!

CAn't wait to see everyone again.

ALL VLMers you will be awesome - doing an anti rain dance for you all!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Go VLMers!!!

First run this morning for me: 5k easy with a quick bit in the middle. Needing to turn the legs over. Would like to dedicate that to the God of Slightly Chilly, but Bright With No Chance Of Rain in London Tomorrow Morning And Early Afternoon.

I noticed the camera and put my hand up my top. Wasn't as sensible as Colin though and didn't quite apply enough... Post run shower was ... Ohhhohhohohhhhhh
  • Great that you are feeling good after Paris!
    I'm doing my first ever marathon this Sunday in London!
    Very nervous now!
    There is a 101 year old man running it, I might try and cross the finishing line with him,
    Would be cool photo image (if I can keep up with him!)
    Good luck to all on here for London, although you all seem very experienced and knowledgeable so guess you won't need much!
    Susie
  • Good luck susie and it'll be my first tomorrow too so we're not all that experienced image. Good work Craig...how'd it feel?
  • The first is the best and a guaranteed PB! Enjoy your leap into the unknown, you probably think it's the first and last!

In my first half at Silverstone the finish line photo they actually emailed me for purchase was almost worth the expense for sheer randomness - me trying to look runnerISH alongside a giant caterpillar, with an octogenarian just behind AND a girl throwing up ahead!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Susie/Louisa: I found passing 13.1 in good shape and then 20 into the unknown as nice bits. Then getting to 25 and knowing that even if it all goes wrong it's only a mile so might as well keep going to be amazing... This time tomorrow you will be getting cheered on by a million people who will be willing you to the end. Then you will cross the line and be a marathon runner... Remember why you are doing it and enjoy. GOOD LUCK!

BTW, I know how exciting/scary it is. I felt exactly the same this time last week. Eat early, stay calm, get an early night and know that by the end of tomorrow you will have done something that most people won't.

I'm totally addicted, does it show???
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Eight miles this morning at marathon pace. I tried out my new Garmin settings [lap pace + actual pace] and planned to run four miles out at 10:15 pace and four miles back at 9:45 pace. The first four miles was 40:58 which was bang-on pace, and the return in 38:49 was 9:42 pace. I had average overall pace on a separate screen, but only referred to it at the end.

The run was a mix of road, hills, muddy/slippery trail - so it was a challenge to maintain the correct pace. If I can get it right over mixed terrain, then I know I can get it right on a reasonably flat road race. So, I'm happy with those pace settings.

A week to go!

Good luck to all VLM'ers tomorrow.
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Ten: it's the only way to go (IMHO). Total average pace is far too variable over that distance. But you do need to do some maths if you plan on doing progressions. BTW I'm 80% certain that I'm going to go over to MK next weekend. Deffo want to see you guys run it and cheer you all on.
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Look forward to seeing you there, if you do go.

I doubt I shall be looking anywhere near as good as you guys did at the end image At least spectators will be under cover at the end (in the Stadium) if the weather is carp.
  • Ten - is that MK you are doing?
  • Craig - like the "cool dude" sunnies and beannie on the photo gallery just up on the home page - the podium shot must be one for you guys to keep

MP run went well yesterday - 6 miles at 8:30 plus a one mile jog home - rest today then 2 hr easy run tomorrow afternoon after watching the VLM on telly

Got my race number in the post today for Mar of North on 6th May - really excited now !!!

• Rosie McBonkers (as she is now affectionately  known in our house) is also doing that mara! She is amazing!
  • She's also doing VLM and Edi - Bonkers or what ?
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Oscarr: getting there mate, exciting.

The podium picture is brilliant. Made me v happy being on that (never going to happen again...)

Rosie is going for the 100 Mara club before the end of next year, I think... image
  • I totally loved the video as well, another keeper, shows real transformation and willingness.

I can really relate to so many parts of the journey.
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it, makes me smile to think that this has been recorded for the future. Know how lucky we have been.
  • I can't see the other buds on the website - did anyone spelled them? Is it possible?
  • Thanks Louisa, Boduke and reikirabbit!
    Good luck Louisa!
    Boduke, I can't imagine becoming addicted to marathons!!
    Reikirabbit, love your photo story, very funny!!
  • Best of luck Susie, Louisa and all the other VLMers out there! Rein yourselves in over the early miles, stick to your plan but above all, enjoy the race. Hope it goes brilliantly!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Sam Murphy Rules! Listen to her!!!
  • I am doing!! Just did my revision with the marathon book - don't have any peppermint oil though!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    RR: lol so hard I scared my cats away.... Thank you!
  • Thanks Sam,
    Surprised by how nervous I am.
    Guessing I won't sleep that well tonight, but I am excited too!
    Feels like doing an exam!
    Off for more pasta soon image
  • Wondering if Olbas would revive me sufficiently!