Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

1424344454648»

Comments

• We are all proud of him so please pass on our best wishes for the weekend - an England vest eh....wow that sounds good !!

(why not race report on the new thread after (or before if you wish) the weekend so more people find out??) 

• I'll pop something on the new thread afterwards - don't want to add any pressure on him just now.  But thank you for your best wishes - he'll really appreciate it - he always asks what you're all up to - I have to give him a daily update when he gets home image

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Today I shall be mostly putting my feet up image

Nearly there Oscarr!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    I did six miles of 6x800s this morning. Nice to get the legs and arms moving... Out of breath at the end though....

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Good to see you running again. Be careful with the hard runs though, you are still recovering.

I'm surprised how well my legs are holding up. I'm resisting the temptation to do anything until tomorrow, when I plan to start some walking.

The MK marathon organisers have stated that the re-routing to avoid excessive flooding added about 250 metres to the course. Given that I was only 31 seconds down on my previous marathon, I actually did run a PB (because I certainly can't run 250m in 31 seconds)!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Yea to the PB!!!
  • Ten - yep, nearly there - just about to go out for a leg stretcher (8x200s) as my first run this week, 4 mile MP run tomorrow then 2 miles on Friday - already got the carb loading cupboard filled - watching the weather forecasts each day now and long range looks OK

bummer about the +250m on your race which would add well over a minute to the time - are they adjusting official times or just stating the increased distance?

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    They have unofficially stated the estimated extra distance, so the official times stand. At least it explains why I crossed the official 8 mile marker almost three minutes after my Garmin registered it. Also, if it had been short I'm sure the outcome would be less desirable! I've also discovered that the 4:30 pacer finished the race in a little over 4:17 - so I'm glad I didn't continue to follow him!

Given the problems at Stratford and Manchester, the little extra distance was a small price to pay for the event going ahead. I'm happy that I would have beaten my target had the conditions been kinder, and I'll train for a tougher target for next year.

I won't look at the weather forecast for your race. Every time I checked the MK forecast, it got progressively worse! Enjoy the carbo- loading.
  • Ten - in summary then you had a race which has given you a great load of confidence going into the next campaign which has got to be a great outcome, well done.

I heard about Stratford cancelling the full but what happened at Manchester? (For those interested Simon Pryde did it in 3:23)