Options

New Year...New runner

Comments

• Options

definately have but in my defednce, we walked everywhere  in aberdeen probably did about 3 hours of walking in total, and carrying my friend up the road could i guess be classes as heavy lifting so got a pretty good work out image

thats good youve got a date for yours im 23rd oddly enough so fingers crossed for both of us image so........u gonna brave it and book the march 10k ;p x

• Options
    Are you coming down to do the 10k?
  • Options
    no just trying to talk you's into it. im doin glasgow 10k on 13th may image x
  • Options
    Who wins? You decide.... image
  • Options
    Afternoon all! Well that felt good.... 7.5 miles in one 1.01 hour. Furthest I've ever ran and longest I've ever ran to. Apart from legs feeling tired towards end I felt great!

Anyone else been out today? It helped being a little bit warmer today.

• Options
    Hi all, I've been away for a hen weekend. I was such a good girl, I got up and got on the treadmill at the hotel gym at 8am! I must be mad! Didn't like it much, too boring! Planning to get out in the snow tomorrow, should be a laugh!
  • Options
    Hi all,

first time poster, I've been going to the gym since the start of the year and have just this week started to hit the tarmac, I'm following the beginners guide on this site and have been doing 4min jog 2 min walk with 5min warm up and cool down(walking). This evening I did 4.54km in 40mins. really slow I know but its a start.

Trying to get ready for the 5K fun run in Inverness on the 11th of March, my goal is to complete it without stopping, wish me luck.
  • Options

hey Stewart, well done and welcome image

Inverness? do i now have a fellow Scot on this? good luck with 5k when it comes.

hows everyone else doin?

i shook off the party mode and got right back into running mode tonight. did my first 10k run in 10 years, i almost cant move image lol, but felt great. completed it in 80 mins, my worst time ever image but its a time to beat now image

hope everyones well xx

• Options
    Hey KIrstin, you'd go well down here paying as hard as you do hehe image. Good run that and it's about distance for you at the moment rather than time so wouldn't be worried.

This thread has gone abit quiet image.

I'm gonna head out and do a run in the minute me thinks image

Anyone else running today?

Stewart good on ya mate, you go slow and steady you will be surprised how quickly your fitness comes to you. Keep at it!
  • Options

yeah it has gone a bit quiet image

howd your run go roy?.......i could run party rings round the scousers lolol, ive seen that scouse wives, to busy looking in the mirror to know how to have a good time haha, ko. bein partying a bit too much tho image taking its toll. gotta hand it to rachel for getting up and hitting gym at hen weekend, thats dedication, well done image

roy u doin park run on sat again? x

• Options

Hey all,

Sorry been quiet, been ill all week so not running, keep feeling like I want to run, but bloated tum and bunged up nose aren't helping image

Sounds like everyone is doing so well, but mum where are you ???

Hoping to get out at the weekend, but will have to see. Feel like I'm loosing all my fitness if that makes sense image

• Options

Hello all - sorry to say have not been out - icy and slippy

Have been swimming last night 45min constant swim even if not very fast

Will get out walking/jogging at the weekend - will keep you posted

Maamalade - take care and slow steady when you resume imageimage

• Options
    Hi all,

Just a small update, yesterday I went to the gym, 10mins on the bike covered just over 4km, 20 mins on the cross trainer just over 3km, did some weights.

Tonight I'm just back from my run 4mins jog 2mins walk * 5 sets covered 4.93km in 43 mins, this running lark is hard but quite enjoyable

Happy running image
  • Options
    Stewart, welcome to the thread, looks like you are doing really well. Agree with you that running is hard, but great fun and the feeling of satisfaction after a run is just brilliant. I'm missing it so much image Must do something to remedy that, run tomorrow!
  • Options

Hi all

I agree that it is freezing out there!!! I've just got back from Liverpool for my annual hospital check up which went so well.  Found out lost 8kg since last visit 14 months ago, then had to go for blood test where they had to take half the blood from each arm coz my body wouldn't let go of any, oops!

Was looking to run this afternoon but not feeling so good with the cold and blood being taken so going to take it easier on the stepper then run sunday, tomorrow is just too busy to fit anything in.

Happy Running everyone image

• Options

Hey guys how are we all.

Likewise Ange i've been ill this week with a bloated stomach to, its so demoralising so know the feeling.  Still have it now.  My Garmin came today so set it up and can't wait to get out and try it.  I think also like yourself feel down because I haven't been out as much this week.

I'm going to run the park run again in the morning to test out watch then maybe give it a miss for few weeks and concentrate on solid training.  Need to get my motivation back up, think this really cold weather isn't helping anyone.

Keep your heads up all, feels better after a run than not to run at all!

Oh and Ange congrats on the weight loss!!!

Kirstin, how's your training going, your races are getting ever closer imageimage

• Options

Roy - good luck with the parkrun, you'll love the Garmin image

Hope everyone else has a good weekend and the training isn't being put too much on hold with the cold.

• Options

Park run was cancelled this morning due to being a total ice sheet image

Just about to go out now for the run. Hows the stomach Ange?  How did you sort it out, mine is still bad image.

• Options

Hi

Sorry to hear the park run was cancelled, I drove by Lowton/Penny Flash about lunch time and I couldn't see any ice or anything and my mate that lives there said he hasn't seen any snow!

Tum doing ok, been for a diving course this afternoon, I am now qualified to administer Oxygen, great news if you're ever in a diving incident, was fun as got to have some too image

Came home and the only thing I wanted to do was go for a run, so I did, only a little on 3.55k in 22:08, felt good but haven't looked at splits or anything yet.

Roy - as for how to fix ya tummy I've got no idea. I get a bad tummy because I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis and IBS, not a good combo but had for near enough 20 years so kind of get used to it, just means I have good days, bad days and flare ups which have a mind of their own.

Have you managed to get out for a run at all and try out your shiny new garmin?

Hope everyone is managing to get out and do something, I found today to be great running weather image

• Options
    Hey all, and welcome Stewart! image Sorry to hear about the poorly ones, get well soon! And K, stop partying lol! image

I've been out in the snow and have managed a 45 min run (the first ever one in my life!) and this morning a 50+ min one, still using my C25K app but now skipping the walking interval in the middle. It was snowing but I managed 6 miles! Chuffed!

I'll be quiet for a bit as it's half term so the kids are around, and my husband is away in the US again so it's a busy busy time! I am struggling to see when I will fit my run in this week, but I'm going to try. I am determined to build up to running 10k regularly now I can do 5 easily. Wish me luck! image
  • Options

Good luck Rachel, sounds like you are doing brilliantly!

I've been out this morning and am somewhat impressed that after less than 3 hours sleep I have managed 9.16k in just over an hour! My longest and farthest run to date!!! Feeling proud of myself after being ill all week, do feel like I'm on the road to recovery finally image

Where is everyone??? Seems so quiet on here image

• Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the welcoming's, start of a new week and I have moved on to 5mins jog 3mins walk X 4 with 5mins warm up and cool down, found it tough covered 4.74km in 42 mins, Pace is around the same as last week doing 4 and 2 so I'm content with that, gym tomorrow and out running again on Tuesday.

Well done Maamalade and Rachel, you will both be doing 10k in no time

Happy Running image
  • Options

Maamalade and Rachel - good going

Stewart - you are doing good keep it up

I have not done lot this week - with snow/ice and slippy underfoot - not been out - 45min swim and walk today - 6.1km in 1hr 8mins (up hill start and few uphill slopes enroute - with downhill finish) - so feel better for getting out

Must try to get out more next week - will let you know

• Options
    Ange garmin is ace. Did a 5k run in it yesterday fast then 2 mile fartlek running...it hurt. Not uploaded it to pc yet tho.
    Been a busy week myself.

Gonna go out on a long run tomorrow and see if i can do 1 hour 15 minutes slow run.

Rachel this week will be a work out in itself by sounds of it hehe.
    Will update u all tomorrow after morning run image
  • Options

imageSounds like everyone is having a good time of it.

Mum - you're getting there, don't beat yourself up. You are doing great and I'm proud of you! Would like to see bit more running in there though image but know that will come with time image

Roy - Glad to see you love the Garmin, just wait till you download, you get even more info!!!!!

Good luck with this weeks training everyone! We are nearly half way through Feb and still sticking at it image. I call that dedication, we should all be proud image

• Options
    Yes, we've stuck with it! I'd promised myself a pair of trail shoes if I was still running by my birthday, just another week to go! image
  • Options
    Hehe how young will you be rach?

I just got back for a run.... What started out as a long long slow run I decided after 2.5 miles I would make it into a quick 10k to sort of guide me on my 10k in march. I ran it in 48 minutes, felt great. Gonna have to change my Wednesday run to a very slow long run now lol. My garmin has completely crashed my laptop so haven't been able to upload anything yet.

How is everyone?
  • Options
    I'll be 41. image I hoped it might sound better than 40, but it doesn't .
  • Options

Well done, and good luck at getting your new running shoes. Know I could do with some as mine are rubbing my toes on long runs image

They will have to wait because the Dr has stopped me running again image Went to see her as feels like chest infection from January is back only to be told I have a chest infection and pneumonia! Not good, but hopefully will only be a week till I can get back out. Can't wait!

Hope everyone keeps up the brilliant work and Roy that your computer starts to like your Garmin image

• Options
    Oh my goodness! Get well soon! xxx