Options

Great South Run 2012

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options

Regarding photos, I have none of me crossing the finishing line.  Has anyone got finishing line pics?  Maybe they had run out of film by the time I got thereimage. Usually there is a photo as you go under the gantry with the time on.

• Options
    I've got 24 photos and a video.........none of which are flattering.

They don't have the finish clock in through.
  • Options

As I said earlier not a single photo of me image

Pretty poor organisation all round on the photo front, they should at least have a pic of everyone crossing the line image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @GF - I have the one of me coming up to the finish line but none for the actual finish line. Looking at the other pics there are very few of actual finishing line
  • Options

Cracking photos on Flickr. I think he's got all three waves in there. Just leave on slideshow and enjoy......(it's better than telly image)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevespurgin/sets/72157631889362223/

• Options

Found myself... Page 22. Image 20 on that page. Many thanks for that link!

• Options

On the marathonphotos site the video option gives you a choice of buying 4 or all their videos of you running.  This includes going over the finish line so I guess they are trying to get us to part with more money for a finishing shot.

Have looked on newspaper websites but nothing much there.  Unless you are Bugs Bunny!

My legs have been telling me all week that they would rather be resting than working but ok now so going for a jog around this afternoon.

Looks like the thread is spluttering to a halt. But it's too early to think of 27th October 2012..................isn't it?  Far too many races to get in before thenimage

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Do you mean 2013 GF? image I didn't like any of the pictures for me this year but I did some cracking interviews from people en route!

I've made the decision to shoot for the Frankfurt marathon next year. It's the same day but it'll be easier travel wise for getting in/out.
  • Options

@ GF - There are a few good photos at the Southern Daily Echo website that might worth a search. There's one that I'm very chuffed with here.....

Picture Link

I'm the sensible looking one wearing 15623, not the ....erm.....enthusiastic person in the middle of the shot image

• Options

Oooh smack my wrist Emma!image Yes I did mean 2013.

It was fun watching the flickr photos.  Brought it all back and it was good to see runners faces instead of their backs!  I was running on the far side of the road so there was only a few flashes of greenimage.  I'll try to remember for next year though!  That would be 2013image.

Did a 5 mile run today in a bit of sunshine and felt good after my muscles stretched out.  Wore my Garmin forerunner 10 reward/christmas present to self for the first time and very pleased with it.  Saves a lot of faffing about on route charting sites.

• Options

i haven't been out yet school hols and running just don't go, but am glad we run last weekend and not today in the downpours!! 

I treated myself to a garmin 10 about 2 weeks before run, and i love it saves my phone drowning and bleeps at me when going to fast or to slow, and i can download to runkeeper. defo helped me get round the 10 miles image 

definialty going to sign up for 2013. 2012 was first run and I loved it, thank u for all the tips on here really helped image maybe next year i will make the meet up as didn't really know what was going on this year image

• Options

jac's - with everything being so caotic at the Pyramids baggage drop off time was lost queue etc so the meet up didn't really happen although Bugs and I did bump into Emma and her Mumimage.  Happy running when you get out again jac'simage

Hopefully next year (that would be 2013 I believe) the weather will be kinder and we can meet out in the open at a less congested meeting point.  Anyone seen the forecast yet?image

I too am pleased with my Garmin and it will be useful for my 2013 Brighton Marathon training runs.