Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Comments

• Porto Del Carmen (race start and fininh), depending on numbers maybe organise outselves between some villas/hotel?

• The book of face says 2012 sold out by end of July, but as Barlos says it gets quicker year on year.

Orca, I'm thinking Puerto del Carmen - there seems to be a very wide range of accomodation

• Barlos, those apartments where Rosey stayed looked quite good?  Accomm wont be a problem I dont think

My Lanza sock is filling up nicely   image
  • I'm off to Puerto del Carmen on Monday for a week image I got an apartment via Owner's Direct. I'll report back on what it is like, only 200 quid for a week.

*re-lurks*
  • Lee - how big is the apartment (ie how many could comfortably share)? I think there will be plenty of accommodation but it could almost be worth booking that before entries open to get the best choice and deals.

Having said that, I am rather enjoying my year off and am sorely tempted to postpone my glorious return to triathlon for another year so I can get various injuries sorted out and do some training before I get there.....
  • i am returning your turbo next month when i return to england Waff so no excuses triathlon training is better to stay injury free ....honest image
  • I'm going next year but as a supporter only. I'm taking a year off the long stuff next year. Unless I end up moving to Arizona with work which is a possibility at the moment. Would be great if there was a gang of us all in the same apartments.
  • slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Having just had a sneaky peek at IM Melbourne 2013, and learned that it sold out in just 4 minutes, how fast do you reckon you'll need to be on the trigger to enter this one?

Not saying that I'm going.... or even that i want to go imageimage. But I believe that Lanza's a nice place for a family holiday.

Are you going to discuss with your family????

I can think of better places for a family holiday. Mind you, somehow you have convinced me to have 2 'holidays' in Tenby this yearimage

• Oooh good a domestic    image
  • muffin top wrote (see)

I can think of better places for a family holiday. Mind you, somehow you have convinced me to have 2 'holidays' in Tenby this yearimage

What was Teny like? Mrs Cat5 has booked us in to Kiln Park for a week in the summer.
  • Snap, I also have trip to Nottingham in July.
  • muffin top wrote (see)
    slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Having just had a sneaky peek at IM Melbourne 2013, and learned that it sold out in just 4 minutes, how fast do you reckon you'll need to be on the trigger to enter this one?

Not saying that I'm going.... or even that i want to go imageimage. But I believe that Lanza's a nice place for a family holiday.

Sorry dear. I can only assume that cyber-gypsies hijacked my log-in credentials.

Sorry dear. I can only assume that cyber-gypsies hijacked my log-in credentials.

I have the same problem with those people. 

They keep ordering shiney new stuff and it just keeps arriving at my address, getting me into trouble.  I don't know how they know my size, and how they figure what I think is essential, but they are never wrong.

• That's why you get things delivered to the office!! Then you can sneak it home when no-one's looking image
  • I work from home.... I'm screwed on that approach Raf, and this morning a man delivered a box from wiggle before I'd even got downstairs to try and hide it - epic fail!
  • What you need is a PO Box number  image
  • Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
    What was Teny like? Mrs Cat5 has booked us in to Kiln Park for a week in the summer.

Not been yet Cat, will let you know. I think we are on a campsite outside town in June for Long Course Weekend. Then in Sept for IMW a cottage as Kiln Park was full.

No full domestic yet........WE ARE NOT GOING TO LANZAimage

• PdC is brilliant

There are zo many Germans running up and down the strip in full tri gear in April its unreal
    Rolling out in normal run gear is fun - the contrast between lobster like sausage eating fat Germans/ Burger eating fat English and the runners is great . Its such a clash of opposites

And i am sure we drink more than they do - we save it up all week then party good and proper image
  • Hmmm ... May you say ...
  • Well clearly I was never thinking about doing this at all, but looks like the dates will be a no workwise, phew. I mean, what a shame image

May be Henley or another year off for me!
  • hope to be a newbie pirate soon and lanza 2013 sounds a good starting point, i did it on 2004 it was ace,

france 2005 and nothing since

lanzarote could be a good opener for me

Pain tears and more pain, then i woke up and thought its race morning ive not started yet what the hell have i got myself into,

then loved every painful second of it (lanza 04)

2013 bring it on

muffin top wrote (see)

What's the problem, you've got a holiday in Nottingham this year as well haven't you image
  • Jaffa, are you thinking of doing this?
  • Welcome Manken..

As the honarry advance party/ reconnasence patrol,  Lanza 2012 is rapidly becoming a bit of a problem......

Swim is quicker, but I am not swimming enoughimage

Biking is really solid this year, and I have a new bike image.  looking forward to a windy day to sort the bikers from the triathletes   image

Run is a disaster. image Knee has blown apart.  I may be able to walk/shuffle to get the finnisher T shirt.....

So, 2013..........   I will have unfinnished business I feel.

• any excuse OC to go again ?
  • Jaffa_ wrote (see)
    muffin top wrote (see)

What's the problem,  you've got a holiday in Nottingham this year as well haven't you image
    This year's family hols consist of Tenby (LCW), Nottingham (Outlaw), Abersoch (Training week) and Tenby (IMW). I must admit, it doesn't exactly shout "fun & relaxation" does it?
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Tenby is lovely. One of my favourite holidays ever was there. There's loads for a family to do while you're ironing. I can write you a list if you want?

Meantime - thread boing in case there might possibly be someone out there thinking about this race....

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

No, I said boing, not bounce.