Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Comments

• Looking forward to a week in, hopefully, the sun and to seeing/meeting pirates in a couple of weeks.  

I am arriving on Tuesday evening, about 7pm.

I am probably going to hire a car and so can give lifts to registration etc.

I hope that training has gone well for everyone - I did look at the schedule further up the page in some awe - I do not think I have ever got near twenty hours in a week.

I also read back to the post about CO2 cannisters - in 2007 when we were leaving Lanzarote, on my flight they opened all of the bike boxes and checked for cannisters. I will pick up a couple at the expo/bike shop in La Santa. I think most of the road surfaces are quite good now in any event, except for the bit on the way back to Nazaret(?).

• M...eldy wrote (see)

Blimey Hokori ... what happened to swim a bit, run a bit, bike a lot ?   
    I'd need one day a week to learn what I was doing   image

I completely concurr. I have been playing with my training structure for some months now and I found that whatever I plan, the reality looks very little like it.

I even started planning w/o rest days due to the fact that I was getting interrupted by something quite consistently.

Eventually I ended up with that maximum effort chart and I really like it. I adjust intensity so that Tue and Thu are bike recovery days at recovery/steady effort. Still, my real training looks nothing like that since this year I have been unable to fit in my lunch break training bits.

I really hoped for a strong 4 weeks now but it just did not happen, when the time was right my mind was not.

I am anyway looking forward to the 15h+ that this is gonna take me to complete. I just hope not to shave it too close image

• Dermot wrote (see)
    I hope that training has gone well for everyone - I did look at the schedule further up the page in some awe - I do not think I have ever got near twenty hours in a week.

Dermont, dont pay that any attention. That has been my template (weighted down up to that max last peak week) for the last 8 weeks but I managed to complete the cycle only the second week at 15h total. I have managed barely half of that and mostly single day sessions for the past 4 weeks.

I did manage to get 26h on  the Lanzarote week camp though and I think that was the most important bit, specially with it being 6 weeks before the race.

• It's taperville in Mouseland.  I just nearly died walking up two flights of stairs....

• M..o.use wrote (see)

It's taperville in Mouseland.  I just nearly died walking up two flights of stairs....

Upstairs are the devil ...

• Thanks for explaining the total break thing, Hokori.  I thought that looked really interesting.  Would love to talk more about that when we get to Lanza.

• Its only 21 degree's in Lanza today, it better warm up a good bit, im hoping for 30!

• 21 degrees will feel like the Sahara after what we've had to train in!

• Certainly will, I thought it was warm the other week then seeing the weather forecast realised it had only been 16 degrees.

• image That reminds me, I need to pick up some P20 to wear under my factor 50 (I believe I could be distantly related to a lobster).

• Boots £13.99
    Tescos £12.00

Guess where I got mine from?

•           M...eldy wrote (see)

Boots £13.99
    Tescos £12.00

Guess where I got mine from?

Fortnum & Mason ?

• My P20 didnt cost me anything image

• Who did you theive it from them Barlos?

Shuttit Slag    image

• Been struggling with injury, managed to get 100+ miles in today and my leg didn't fall off, so I guess I passed the fitness test.

• I think I'm going to have to follow FeFe's approach this year.  Somehow got sunburnt using P20 at Outlaw last year, when the sun came out towards the end.

I don't care what the temperature is, as long as that fecking wind drops a bit.

• Nice going Froggy

Mouse, I think P20 although its for 'all day' needs a top up after 10 hours so I would underestimate that and go fo T1 and T2 top ups

• That was prob my mistake.  I made it round Frankfurt on just the one helping of PizBuin but it probably wasn't so sunny there (and I may have worn a cycle jersey, can't remember now.)

• Dont make the same mistake Oxy had when having done a quick once over with the P20 spent the rest of the time with a white hand print on his 3rd degree burns   image

• .... May 1st! 

• Don't panic Pingu.... the race is still months away, honest image

• Phew!  It seemed awfully close there for a minute!

Was reading through the affletes info pack last night, there's a lot of stuff, I'm about half way though ...

• Well, if you could summarise it all into a couple of paras, then point me in the right direction when we're there, that would be great image

• Athlete's Info Pack! Where is mine????? image

• Hokori - last year's is on their website - I guess that's what Pingu's been reading, unless she is extra special and been sent this year's one?!?!?!?!

• Athletes info:

pick up 

swim a bit

bike a lot

run a bit

hand chip back

drink beer

• image Yes, that's pretty much what it said. 

Hokori, yes Rafis right, it's on the website under athletes info (I think) it's a pdf with about 50 pages, it's last years but I can't imagine it's changed much, I think it's still swim a bit, bike a bit and run(hahahaah) a bit.

M...eldy, have you seen Mouses Lanza designs?  I'm thinking the one with 2013 under the extravalanza.  Also .. maybe pink! image

• Talking of t-shirts, now we can post pics again, this is what I ordered...

/members/images/450712/Gallery/LanzaOrder.JPG

• Looks good.  Is that the back, do you have anything on the front?

• I STILL need to order mine.  I have not checked my Twitter so I am not ignoring anyone who may have answered me there, but are we free-styling or is there a design that was agreeed?