London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Matt, pop on over to Group 3.  We'll have you image
  • Haha, The man's a comic genius.. image I was in panic there! Haha.  Thank you Caz! I appreciate it, what do I do now?
  • What do you do now?

(a) find a link on the previous page for group 5 thread, go there, and tell us about yourself, what you want at mile 17.

(b) Find us at mile 17 on the day, because we can't find you. Just turn up and receive cheers, hugs, water, wine, carbs, whatever you need

(c) relax and rest between now and then, do nothing stressful

• To be fair, group 5 says "other support groups are available"
  • And don't read any threads by Candy Ollier
  • Candy

yes, been really making them keg their pants image

• Other support groups are indeed available image and they need to be picking up their fair share of the late adoptees so SC, whilst it's great that you scoop them all up  don't overload yourself and the other supporters in Group 3.  I do toddle along every day to see if there are any needing adopted and I allocate them round the 6 groups. image
  • Oh and as per Candy's thread, the whole Mudchute enterprise including DLR station and the ASDA have been relocated to Regents Park image  I though somewhere near the zoo would work ....
  • we'll just be two strays hanging around

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    TP, I will be out of contact after today so if any more straglers come along then they will have to go elsewhere.
  • That's grand SC, I really appreciate your help but I don't want your lot to get bogged down whilst the rest of us are having it a bit easier.

Enjoy your time away if it's fun stuff, get through it by thinking about the weekend if it's not!

Mick, any strays will be rounded up by the dog catcher and taken off to Battersea ....image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

We have less than 20 still as a lot of people dropped out or didn't get back to us.

Most if it is fun stuff, but there is a funeral thrown in too.  I'm a bit concerned that with all the late nights I could be exhausted by Sunday and the alcohol will go straight to my head.

• Does anyone know what time you are supposed to be at the start for?  (min and max would be useful!)

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Marshals get there for 7am, so there's not much point getting there before then as they won't be fully set up.

Otherwise I would recommend between 1 and 2 hours before your start, probably aiming closer to the 2 hours than the one.

• Good work on all the organising image

I'll be at Mudchute on Sunday, though not sure what times yet.  I know or have heard from another dozen or so people who are also intending to go along at various times so there should be quite a big group as usual.

See you all on Sunday. 
  • Hello everyone,

This will be my first ever marathon. 1 year ago, I could not even run 10 minutes.

I've spent the last year training and am going to need all the support I can get. I am still not sure what time I will hit mile 17 but am hoping to average 10 minute miles.

Can I join in? My race number is 54015. I will be in a lime green Docklands Settlements vest top.

My name is Joyce.

Let me know!

• Hello peeps!!!

Newbie32, pop over to the Group 4 thread and tell em I sent you image

I've got a logistical head on today so have been sorting out my train times.......it'll be the 06.14 from Chatham to Lewisham and DLR from there to the 'Chute so I'll be onsite around 8am. Everyone keep your fingers crossed - I ordered the red and white barrier tape on Saturday so I'm just hoping it turns up on time!!!

Becks will be dropping the banners off at the RW stand at the Expo so that's all sorted too - my plan is to try and get the area taped off and the banners up using cable ties so that when other bods arrive we can crack on with the balloons etc imageimage

• Hi Barley, will be great to see you.  I am sure there will be a crowd as usual.

Not sure what time I will get there - about 8am if I get the 0644 but the next train isn't until 0730 so that will make it nearer 9 but you'll cope without me and I am crap with a balloons anyway.

I am still not sure about what's happening with the helium but our man in the know is sorting it out.

• Thanks Sister Bad Habit!!!

• Newbie32 - you shouldn't have any trouble finding us - we're just after the Docklands Settlement building!

Just back from Paris - experience there suggests that though the weather was much colder than last year, it was much better for running. But for the supporters - definitely dig out the thermals!
  • THIS IS THE FIRST OF THE LAST MINUTE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUPPORTERS

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Balloons- SuperCazHelium – being organised and it will be there.

RW Banners - Becks (being dropped off at Expo)

100's small plastic bags -Snails Pace & Iron Pingu

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team) if you need poles or canes please bring them yourselves

First aid kit
    - Foxy

Large Balls of String x 2 – Becks

Cable ties as much easier to attach banners with – B via SC

Scissors x 2 - Xine267

Sharp knife x 2 (for cutting up froot for the runners) - VikW

Swiss Army Knife - SuperCaz, although more than one would be useful.

Paper plates - Foxy Lady and KateF

Binliners  -TP

2 large rolls gaffer tape - TP

Thursday collection - Running Rodent, SBH
    Friday collection - Running Rodent, TP & Snails Pace, Soup Dragon
    Saturday am collection - possibly MikeFrog + xine at lunchtime
    Saturday pm collection -VikW
    Saturday closing collection - SuperCaz, possibly with Bear

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.

• Running Rodent - I did the Newham Classic 10k yesterday and was shivering at the start. 4 deg in just a vest top and capris... brrrrrr
  • I have asked RW Towers for a donation towards the stuff which we will give out from behind their banner.  I have had an acknowledgement but no offer of cash as yet.

Never underestimate the amount of stuff we give out on the day it costs a lot of money so if you are a runner and you can donate some goodies or cash at the Expo please image otherwise if falls on the supporters who are there to buy the lot.  Unless you specifically ask us to, we don't spend your donations on beer image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi Tickled Pink - what would the supporters prefer? Money or goodies? I'm happy to do either but wanted to see what was preferred (e.g. cash so that it's less to carry from expo to mudchute etc).
  • TP I will drop by with some cash and some gels on Wednesday
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Some cash would be good as the helium, balloons, plates etc all cost money.  The food and fruit is cheap in comparison.
  • TBH Cash is best if only from a carting about point of view.  Lugging 3 tons of jaffa cakes to the station, to the tube, to the DLR at Towergate will give me arms like an orangutang but all donations gratefully received.
  • my sis (Fiona) has not been abe to use this but would like to get help (no. 4037) will take stuff to expo. 

Thanks