Powergrid Triumph 9 anyone?

DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a closer look at the Saucony's Powergrid Triumph 9 shoes?

I am looking at a pair as I believe I have a neutral arch with a very slight under pronation (hinted at by the wear on the soles in my work shoes). I will however get a gait analysis done at the shop to be sure and take their advice.

Also, out of interest, what's your thoughts on running between road and treadmill? Are 2 pairs of shoes overkill or is there method in the madness ... we have an office debate going on at the moment.

I hope you all had a great xmas and new year and want to congratulate the new runners on the site for taking up running.

Comments

• Yes, have worn the triumph in version 8 and have just bought the 9s. They are a very different shoe to the 8 - main changes are new midsole foam and a drop in the heel/toe offset to 8mm. The change in offset sounds minor - most shoes have the heel 12mm higher than the forefoot but the triumph 9 is 8mm.
    This is saucony being influenced by the rise in popularity of minimal and barefoot running - some of their shoes (kinvara and cortana) have a lower 4mm drop and one (hattori) is 0mm.
    The idea is that high heel heights lead you to heel strike, while lower ones make for a lower impact and more efficient gait.
    Although reducing the drop by 4mm sounds insignificant i've found it takes a bit of getting used to. Heel feels like a bit has been removed and calves hurt more initially.
    Ride is very soft as well.