RW Forum Six 4.30

'I joined a club, about 18 months ago, which I enjoy when I can get along to training, a smallish and friendly local club. I do the majority of my running on my own though.
I found that VLM was a fantastic experience for me last year (I followed Soupy’s thread on here for a sub 5.30 finish and managed 5.08).
I have done 4 half marathons (three in 2011) PB 2.06 (by my watch, not a chipped race and clock time was 2.08) and 2 Marathons (both in 2011), I got a PB at Chester in October of 4.49 but suffered an injury and hobbled the last mile. Other recent times are 10k: 60min and 4 secs (aim was to get under the hour!!).
could I possibly get near 4.30? '

Again!  Well done Pottermiss, I hope you get on with your mentor  image

Comments

• Good luck, Pottermiss image
  • Well done Pottermiss
  • Good luck Pottermiss
  • imageGo for it Pottemiss.
  • Well done Pottermiss!
  • Congratulations and image

• well done! I look forward to following your thread!
  • Congratulations, look forward to seeing how you get on image
  • Oooohh!! Thank You.

Wanders round wondering what to do next - and I didn't even post a picture of my one eyed chicken image

• Well done pottermiss. I'm sure Spoons will be along soon.  Right now he'll either be running, eating cake, or drinking beer (or maybe all three).  That's all he does. image

• That probably served you well   image

I think Spoons may be out running at the moment but I have no doubt he will be in soon

Well done!
  • Here I am!

I was running. No beer or cake on Mondays image
  • Shall we get started then?

First question has to be - which marathon are we going for?
  • <pours a glass of wine and gets comfortable>
  • Ah yes. I said no beer on Mondays.

*opens a bottle of wine*
  • Is this the wine & pringles thread?  image
  • I've just overindulged on apple and pear crumble with double cream so I best give the Pringles a miss.
  • Wine and walkers cheese and onion here image
  • I have a club place in London, so obviously have started a bit of a plan to keep me ticking over.
    I have had to build back slowly after Chester as I had a while off with injury, but I took all advice in not doing too much too soon and all is fine now.
  • image London image
  • London - Great stuff - see you there image

Are you following a programme at all?

How did the last 2 (?) marathons go, training wise and on the day?

What does your current training look like as in, runs per week, mileage, pace etc?

Any concerns or worries?
  • Thanks Spoons for volunteering for this, I hope I am not too much of a challenge image

I am planning some speedwork for tomorrow evening, either hills or long repeats. (Last Tuesday I did hills x 8 with recovery jogs between).

I have to sign off until the morning now, but looking forward to giving this a real go. image
  • I'm doing London image
  • I am running 4 maybe 5 times a week at the moment. I can look back on my training for last years 2 marathons tomorrow and let you know strong points, less good bit etc.
    I have done 25 miles each the last two weeks.
  • We'll all be either celebrating or drowning our sorrows in the Chandos afterwards then....
  • PM - 25 miles a week over 4 or 5 runs sounds fine at the minute.

Just to say I'll try and check on here at least twice a day if you have any concerns, so I should be able to respond quickly.
  • Like the way you've sorted out post race drinks already Spoons!!

Congratulations PM and good luck.
  • Pottermiss - congratulations, you will have a blast with Spoons, he is a good guy and will look after you well.
  • good luck Pottermiss! X
  • Drinks schedule sorted, he's good at that is Spoons. Don't worry he will soon have you running 4 marathons in 4 days, he's good at that too. Good luck