Options

RW Forum Six 4 hrs

Comments

• Options
    /members/images/567895/Gallery/Poorly_heel.jpg

Liverpool is off for me, tomorrow image

Been at work this morning, can't weight bear through my right heel and wearing shoes or trainers is very painful. I've tried to take some shots to show it in all it's delight, but the contrast doesn't show how bruised it really is and it's spreading around my ankle and down my foot image

/members/images/567895/Gallery/Poorly_foot.jpg

• Options
    Oh no Frodo image    I have no idea if there's anything better to do than RICE and if I could send you one of my ankles, I would.
  • Options
    Aw, thanks LN.
    I'm just having a bit of a sulk for a while - then I'll snap out of it image

But I do think we're going to have to have a full and frank re-assessment of the current target soon image
  • Options

I'm sure you will snap out of it. I have some spare toys if you need them in the meantime .

Life gets in the way of targets sometimes but I'm sure if there is a way, you and Plum will find it.

• Options
    Ooh, toys I can throw! That'll keep Bear happy too, while he's temporarily without a running partner image

There's nothing anyone can say to make me feel different, but it's just that I feel I'm letting everyone down. And it's sooooo frustrating.
  • Options
    You're not letting anyone down you daft moo. However  I had to pull out of my IM last year I felt the same so I know how you feel.
  • Options
    20 miles done. 3 03 49 total, 1 30 38 first half, 1 33 11second half by my own watch
  • Options
    I am happy with that image
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Oh Frodo bad luck and don't be daft your not letting anyone down.

Give that ankle a good rest and you and Bear will be back out and about in no time.

• Options
    Thanks Chrissi image
    And well raced, Mike - nice and even image

Foot update - as the colours deepen the pain lessens image
    I can now almost walk normally without shoes, but putting shoes on is still uncomfortable around my heel.
    I spoke to Plum earlier (twas a bit garbled as we were both driving and using speakerphone), but as ever he is upbeat and encouraging. I honestly think I can return to running tomorrow, but we'll see what he thinks later.
    I'm meant to be cycling the Cheshire Cat sportive next Sunday, but am happy to ditch it in favour of a long run, instead.
  • Options
    Just to pass on what was said,,,,,Frodo is worrying about the lack of long stuff but that is not her problem...... she has the ability to run a marathon tomorrow it is the speed we want to get her used to. Plan is to see how the ankle/foot/recovers and maybe run in the early part of the week and see how it feels. My opinion was leave the long run this week and do the Cat as she will benefit just as much from the strength she will get from that.
    Maybe just a gentle two or three miles tomorrow but it WILL depend on the foot, not worth compromising the whole event just to get back out running again and risk losing the whole thing.....

Mike -------- top even running must be a confidence booster for you sub 3 at the Spitfire will be a brilliant pointer at a sub 4 in Stratford

BUT as I have said before,,,,, if in the first 5 miles it feels comfortable you are going too fast and it does reflect in the splits. the 10 or so seconds a mile you give up at the start are given back with an enormous bonus in the last 10 when it starts to hurt. Dont go dodging round people, sprinting through gaps etc..... even paced straight line running will make life so much easier
  • Options

Get well soon Frodo - i know how you feel after having to pull out of London last year due to a groin injury! Hopefully you will come back with renewed energy over the coming days.....

Nice racing Mike - very impressive time - you must be pleased!!

PLum - one question for you as I am prone to starting too quickly.............How should you feel after 5 miles? I've always felt ok at that point only to falter significantly after 20. However what is the alternative......feeling awful at 5 too? sorry if I am a little dim this morning probably still a little grogy after the long 20 miler yesterday

• Options

How did the 20 miler go, Ricky?

In a foot update - I am now fine to walk without shoes, but putting shoes on has been more painful than anticipated image

• Options

2 hours 56 for the 20 - It was a bit of a struggle towards the end - I certainly didn't feel like I could carry on for another 6.................

• Options
    then start slower...... if it feels comfortable it is probably too fast. so awkward to say what is comfortable though.... imagine going for a "jog" with your slower mate holding yourself back to a pace that you can chat away quite happily at. problem with London is the urge to dash through gaps when they become available and then grind to a halt again,,,,, save the energy honestly.

2;56 for 20 ---- 1;28 for 10 ----- 44 mins for 5 AVERAGE so set out at the average and keep going rather than going off at 8's and dying at the end
  • Options
    ^^^ I know I'm guilty of the weaving and dashing image

Foot update - had a bit of a rough day, I can't rotate/flex my ankle heel through a full step without pain when wearing shoes. Then, irony of ironies, I had to go to the Trafford Centre this evening to return a pair of fancy shoes I had ordered online in exchange for a different sized pair. Talk about a difficult trying on session - ouch!

(However, I do now have a rather lovely pair of shoes for an upcoming wedding image )
  • Options

Oh Frodo. You should know the rules. Pics of the shoes please.

• Options

/members/images/567895/Gallery/shoe_1.jpg

/members/images/567895/Gallery/shoe_2.jpg

As you asked so nicely....there are actually two pairs image
  • Options
    Good choices. The second pair are a bit low for me but I love the colour.  I've not bought any shoes for ages so I had to resort to buying some for someone else as a surprise. image
  • Options
    Mr F gets a bit twitchy if I buy ones that are very high image
  • Options
    so... do we wait for the morning to see how the foot is .....? take the kit to work and maybe a short one home?

I did too much yesterday and as a result the speedwork/hillwork session tonight was slow and painful,,,,,defeated the object really. had a bike beforehand and a body conditioning class but neither loosened my ass off.

Ah well do as I say not as I do please..... I have an inflated opinion of my own ability to run 35k after 5 weeks of next to nothing image
  • Options

You two are a mentor match made in heaven image

• Options

Thanks Plum - I'll take it all on board...............hopefully I'll feel better after the long run this w/e.

This mornings run was a bit of a disater, a painfully slow 5 mile recovery jog in new trainers - woe is me!imageimage

Nice shoes Frodo - Mr F doesn't know what he is missing.

• Options

Did a bit of cycling this morning

No bad after-effects of Sunday's race

My training plan for tomorrow says "1k 2k 1k 1k (400m recoveries)" lovely

a recovery run and a tempo run at some point during the week

and definitely a shorter long run next weekend - maybe 15 miles?

• Options
    Never mind, Ricky - I'm sure the new trainers will settle down soon image

I dressed for a run and put on my trainers this evening - but it's not happening image
    I've spoken to Plum, and running is suspended until Thursday and I will be tonight turboing instead.
  • Options
    I have fecked my knee so club session tonight has been put on hold.....woke up with it this morning, felt fine last night for the bike and speedwork and when I went to bed but stiff and sore this morning...... RICE seems to be helping and it is turbo tomorrow so it will get a rest.

I do know I need new shoeses as well so off to the internet i go
  • Options
    What have you got on the diary between now and Stratford Froggy?
  • Options
    *staggers into the thread*

OK, that's a lie, I'm actually still on the turbo, cooling down - but phew! That was a fun set image

*cue Bridget Jones-esque fall off the bike*
  • Options
    image..... I have a book full of them