RW Forum Six 4 hrs

Comments

• I can't knit. It involves sitting still too long image
  • Tonight ...... after you have been  cycling to and from work and not feeling 100% I am going to be gentle with you  (ish)

I am not convinced you are going to be 100% so could you TRY to run 6 miles at 5.5 min k's and record your HR please but if you feel at all rough then get yourself home please...... I would like to fit in a double figures run this week sometime but not sure if it is better to wait till the weekend and make sure you are back to 100% again. Yesterdays planned long run is now consigned to history so we will do a normal training week and go long again at the weekend. May I respectfully suggest  that we take this as a down week and make sure you are ok then hit the weekend running (literally)

I also need to go and look at your diary to see what is planned......

• Hope you're feeling better Frodo. I will look forward to seeing you at the North Dorset marathon, it is lovely, and last year they had beer at the end, now there's an incentive.
  • Ah Ha ---- KateF is going to be there as well....a right little gathering is coming up
  • I did it image

10K at as near 5 and a half min/Ks as I could get: 54.08 HRav173/max182
    I set up the little training partner thingy (though I looked like a right p1llock trying to work out how to get it to start after the warm up image ) but it certainly spurred me on - nothing like an anthropomorphic little timer to bring out my competitive side imageimage and I beat the wee fecker too image

1 05:19
    2 05:27
    3 05:30
    4 05:26
    5 05:30
    6 05:28
    7 05:41 (navigating tram works - closed pavements image )
    8 05:29
    9 05:24
    10 05:28

My stomach rebelled a bit, but nothing too ouchy.

Is that OK, boss? image
  • That is wonderful my little furry footed friend......your pacing, once you had settled down with your little chum is awesome, I am impressed

Question....

1) where were the mins and the max's on the HR or did it just climb steadily

You cycling in tomorrow, if not and the weather is kind you can do a steady run in please.... direct route keep HR below 170 please
  • Pretty steady climb:
    1 164
    2 170
    3 170
    4 175
    5 171
    6 175
    7 175
    8 174
    9 176
    10 182

I'm afraid I can't run in tomorrow (though I usually would on a Tues) as I have an important meeting at 8am, and I can't look smart enough using the staff shower facilities. Also, as the weather is meant to be shocking, it'll have to be begging a lift in time image

Evening potter and swim instead?

Also, I'd normally run recovery runs at 159BPM or less - is that too low?
  • for this week yes,,,,,,, I just want to push your comfort zone a little if I can,,,,,Only about 4 miles home is it not?

I am trying to keep away from the miles without a reason and a recovery that is well within your comfort zone after what wasn't a particularly hard session ( or shouldn't have been really bit you were poorly yesterday so I make allowances) is a bit of a waste of energy, I would rather you went to the pool and did say 6 sets of 10 lengths off 15 seconds rest.....good cv stuff image
  • *whispers*
    My swimming isn't good enough to do that yet image
    When I say I'm still learning, I really do mean just that.

Turbo or spin class?

Or, *ponders* if I got a lift in, I could run home...
  • your swimming is that good...... I didnt say how long you had to take to do it.....

just do four reps if you cant swim that long.

wotcher gonna do on the turbot? if you are going to sit and twiddle you had better go to a spin class because you don't want to upset me do you image
  • Mr Plum, are you definitely our 10th team member for Legends then?  If so, I will need your inside leg measurement etc please, so I can let the race people know your details image
  • 'sit and twiddle' - you can't say that! imageimage
    And, yes, of course that is what I would do, maybe to an episode of CSI or Law and Order imageimage

So, swimming, spin class or run home... hmmmm....
  • Saffy.... really not sure... can I let you know by the weekend.... I am committing to a lot at the moment and need to look at my diary :-0
  • I shall have to add turbo sets to the training plan as well as drowning stuff then. Best you bring the cossie to Dorset
  • swimming then run home if that is possible please
  • Swim and Trubo stuff would be helpful - thanks image
    Though the Vit is a long way off, it is lurking there to wake me with the occasional cold sweat.
    I have the Outlaw bike leg to factor in too.
    I *may* have been coveting Debbo's Orbea that she's selling as well image

Edited to respond to cross post - it would be run home, then swim - is that OK?
  • yes even better,,,,,, HR as stated and no "swimbling" in the pool. I want to know what you are focusing on in tomorrow's session before you go to bed tonight
  • How tall are you Frodo?
  • How tall I am in reality, or the height I tell everyone? image
  • you can text me if you want,,,,,,, I may not be able to hear you down there ...... was just wondering if Krankies bike would fit you
  • OK - plan for tomorrow is finalised: one lift in is sorted, so I will run from work to the pool, swim with an attempt at Plum's 10 reps (tries not to hyperventilate) and get a lift back from the pool (or run, if I'm running late as Mr F has football at 6.30pm)
  • do sets of 10 lengths with 15 seconds rest until your stroke starts to fall apart then stop.... couple of hundred warm up and down.
    but this is about running so a heart rate run it is.... image
  • Plum  wrote (see)
    Saffy.... really not sure... can I let you know by the weekend.... I am committing to a lot at the moment and need to look at my diary  :-0
    No wonder you're hard to get hold of image.  Jesting Plumster, just jesting...image
  • Plum wrote (see)
    Saffy.... really not sure... can I let you know by the weekend.... I am committing to a lot at the moment and need to look at my diary :-0
    and that Saffers has got first dibs on a spare weekend ......
  • *slinks into the thread, hoping no one notices* image

Let's just say it's not been a good day - my lift fell through as he woke up with man-flu. So I drove myself in, with the now free shared car, meaning I had to drive myself home and take the dogs out after work, which threw all my timings out. To further compound the situation, my Garmin had decided to switch itself on and drain itself of all charge, delaying me further. The problem with this is eating; the nature of my work routine means I have to eat at midday. Therefore, by 4-5pm I am starving image , so running home and then eating is fine, but if I'm held up at all, then I tend to need to eat, wait for digestion and then run.
    Tonight, after dog walking, I had a small cup of lentil dahl to tide me over, but the added Garmin delay (and general nursing stricken man with man-flu) meant that as I headed out, I was properly hungry again. It shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it was only a little 4m potter - but it played on my mind, on top of one or two other things, it did not make for a positive frame of mind when out and about.
    I found running to HR really hard - I couldn't rely on finding a rhythm, like I do with pace, and because the target of 170bpm was an unfamiliar reading, I just couldn't find the right amount of umph to hit it. And as time passed, and I could see I wasn't getting it right, my will just melted a bit and I got cross with myself, which didn't help image

So when I did get in, I really couldn't face heading to the pool and being carp at that too. My swimming is a pretty fragile thing at the best of times, and I know me, I would continue to beat myself up about the run while I swam, making it all worse. Sometimes, you need to know when to quit and come back and try again another day.

The upside of this, is the man with man-flu is sofa bound watching the football rather than out playing it, while our temporary lodger has gone out to play, meaning that we can actually sit down together as a couple in an evening for once. Which is nice image
  • So here are the splits with HR (still in km, as I hadn't changed it back)

7Km in 41.44

1 05:36 166bpm
    2 05:47 167bpm
    3 05:50 166bpm
    4 05:57 166bpm
    5 06:05 165bpm
    6 06:11 164bpm
    7 06:17 164bpm

Hmmm image
  • Plum  wrote (see)
    Plum wrote (see)
    Saffy.... really not sure... can I let you know by the weekend.... I am committing to a lot at the moment and need to look at my diary :-0
    and that Saffers has got first dibs on a spare weekend ......
    and you have been saying that for 2 years....I am sure you are scared I just won't control myself in your company. imageimage
  • I have a big stick to beat you off wench,,,,,,,

Frodo, sorry your head and hunger played you up tonight, at least you got to watch the footie.

Midweek tempo run tomorrow then for Frodo,,,,,,,medium distance at MP+ a tad so 6min k's for 14k please,,,, if you want a warm up you can do a k off the front nice and gentle to loosen everything up.

and dont get man flu from him indoors please