Any recommendations for a good cushioned shoe?

Dave928Dave928 ✭✭✭
My current Brooks are good they're discontinued. Their mileage is now getting high and I need something new.

I'm a neutral runner, training for my first marathon (moving up from 10k's). I'm prone to shin splints so cushioning is of vital important. I checked out the cushioned shoe reviews on this website, but all the ones with top ratings seem to be discontinued and the newer models aren't rated as highly.

I do like my Brooks, and I've had Mizuno's in past which were cracking, though I can't remember which model. Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Why don't you try a few different places online and see if you can find the discontinued Brooks that you already know and like? I've done that in the past to find the previous model of Asics Cumulus when I didn't like the replacements and years ago my dad stockpiled half a dozen pairs of Brooks Beasts when they were discontinued. You might even get them a lot cheaper than you'd expect due to them being discontinued...

Ebay and Amazon are good places to start looking, also some of the discount sports outlets...

• I was lucky enough to win a pair of the new Brooks Pure Flow shoes in the advent calendar competition, wore them for the first time tonight and the thing that impressed me most was the cushioning. They actually felt a bit weird at first and they are very shallow so not good for chunky feet but they felt great to run in.
  • I've bought a number of shoes over last 12 months and for cushioning the Nike lunarglide takes a bit of beating. Saucony Pro Guide quite good too (if you can't track Brooks down)
  • DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    i have nike vimovo for cushioning.  you can get them £30 off from sports direct