London 2012 ceremonies<!-- pullout-items--><!-- pullout-body-->
  • Cast of 15,000 volunteers
  • 23,000 costumes
  • 12 hours of music
  • 60 musicians
  • 15,000 sq m of staging
  • 13,000 propos
  • one million watt PA system with 500 speakers

I'm putting my money on Dick van Dyke and a troupe of cheery cockernee chimney sweeps featuring. Any other thoughts?

Comments

• 9Billion which could have been spent on sporting infrastructure spent in a fortnight - that's a strategy for the future health of the nation -perhaps the team will be led by bankers! (sorry Johnny raw nerve struck)
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I will be watching the marathon when the games are on I sometimes still get the picture in my mind when Pauld Radciffe pulled up in the Athens marathon games
  • "Boyle said it would be about a land that has been poisoned by industrial legacy and the recovery of that land".

Wow - let's just hope it's not as f*cking awful as it sounds image 

• Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    London 2012 ceremonies<!-- pullout-items--><!-- pullout-body-->
    • Cast of 15,000 volunteers
    • 23,000 costumes
    • 12 hours of music
    • 60 musicians
    • 15,000 sq m of staging
    • 13,000 propos
    • one million watt PA system with 500 speakers

I'm putting my money on Dick van Dyke and a troupe of cheery cockernee chimney sweeps featuring. Any other thoughts?

Scotland contribution will be fried mars bars, Special Brew and nothing else as they want independence

Wales isn't a country so won't be included

The North East contribution will be short skirts, and fake tan

Manchester will be rain and a punch up between the Gallagher brothers over who has less talent.

Londons contribution will be lots of East European accents and over pricing and the burning of Boris at the Olmypic torch

• Just hope that Boris runs a comb through his hair and gets a suit that fits and does up.