The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

• JjJj ✭✭✭

It was a great thing to be a part of (yet more thanks and respect to Schmunks, and her lieutenants Monique, Raf and Shas). The vast majority of athletes were wonderful, while some were optimistic (25 mph, five feet away, and you think we'll get a bottle in  your hand?!?!), and some just plain daft (yes of course, just stop here in the middle of the lane to get your bottles in the cages - there's only about 20 cyclists approaching you from the rear). But it's good to feel useful. 

And I remember Harlequins man! image

• Massive thank you to everyone at the Pirate feed station. 

Schmunkee I was hoping to meet you to say thanks in person but I had to head up the road.

I've no plans to enter the Outlaw next year, but if you need a volunteer!!!!

• Thank you from me too. The feedstation was absolutely fantastic!

I really think you showed them how it's done! image
  • We would like there to be a Pirate Feed Station next year but, as we have organised/run it for the last three years, Barley and I are hoping that we can organise it in the run up to the day and that we have two or three volunteers to actually set it up and run it on the day itself so that we can support the event

• Schmunks you were a star  and got the troops rallyed round on the day, it was a long day but really enjoyed it...image..... did you save the shopping trolly?image

• I didn't remotely enjoy the bike, but the feedstation was a real boost, huge thanks to all of you lovely peeps, especially Schmunks for organising.

Was nice to enjoy the signs from 'the other side' having been on the feedstation the last two years, and the 'It's not a knitting club' was very well timed as I was just about to start wallowing in self pity at that point lol! image

• Razor51 wrote (see)

..... did you save the shopping trolly?image

No, I took it back to Asda to get my £1 back!

• I know it's a bit late but I thought I better pop in on this thread and thank everyone. I did say thanks on the Outlaw thread but as this is the actual feedstation/ support thread it is only right that I do it here too.

A massive thank you to all of you who supported and helped out on the feedstation. You were all fantastic and got me through my worst moments, every single cheer and show of support boosted me and lifted my spirits. You were the best part of the my race, even better than crossing the finishing line. imageimage

I think and hope that I cheered back to every one of you who supported us, if I didnt then I apologise. I did notice the odd grumpy person in Pirate attire who didn't crack a smile at any point but they were certainly in the minority as nearly all of the pirates and supporters I saw were quick to reciprocate the encouragement.

I felt poud be dressed in Piarte gear and almost felt famous for the day image thank you for welcoming me into this group, long may the Pirate Ship continue to sail with us fools aboard image