Abingdon Marathon

Comments

• Still no online entries.......COME ON Runners World, get it sorted.
  • hello by'eck*waves*....we will be fine at abingdon
  • Great course description Fido - thank you - memories of 16 October 2011 come flooding back!
  • Names in so far are now on the Abo website under the "enter" tab and click "check your details" - I posted my letter on Friday and am now on the list image
  • Online entries available!
    See you there.
  • I am on the list tooimage

See u all there 

• yeap on the list as well.
  • Loulabell, Gloucester was your first marathon????? how did i not know this, wow, u looked like u breezed it round, very impressed

Well I will be doing my supporters act again ( see who we can get in the cheer squad this time, we had quite a possy at Gloucester )

I'd love to run it but would want to do London first and see how I get on, and I think by the time i'd make a decision it would probably be full by then, but I will definitely be cheering

thanks for the route guide very detailed

I love Didcot Power Station ( seen some good photos there )

You will all have to give me race numbers nearer the time and have a RW meet up before the race begins, this really helped me when I had the cheer squad at Gloucester and also at Liverpool marathon

I take it the online entries have sorted themselves out now?
  • hi hannahs mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wondered where youd got too!! there are quite a few of us from the 'littlebitfurther' thread coming to Abingdonimage would be great if you can be there-you will do great at London!! aw, yep it was my first mara at Gloucester and i loved that day so much-and that was partly down to you and your lovely supporter gang!! you really did help being on those loops!! hopefully by october i will be a bit quicker! image i think you should join us there! it fills fast!
  • is Ulen running Abingdon?
  • Pleased to see I'm on the magic list. Looks like 3 or 4 hundred names already. Get your skates on if you're keen anyone that's contemplating it

Echo the thanks to Fido for her detailed course breakdown - what we need now is another cool windless perfect day like last couple of years

• im in too-phew
  • Yes Ulen is doing Abingdon, need to check if he's booked it yet

and wow i really didnt realise Gloucester was your first, wow seriously impressed

well if i dont join u running I will join you in shouting for you lol
  • yay!!!!!!!! see you there, but am aiming to get to SS to cheer you on too!!
  • Yep' I'm on the list too.
  • See you there Solent!!
  • online and in
  • I've entered online as well. Let's hope it was worth the wait! Doing Brighton in April so it's now time to focus on that. See you all later in the year.
  • Via post and in! PHEW!  Looks like this will sell-out in record time.
  • SR - I think you are right. My postal application should have landed on their doormat this morning and I am already a little worried to see at least 600 names (against a capacity of 1,100) posted on the event website as at 22:00 last night. With online applications now live, it won't take long for the waiting list to emerge.
  • Hi all, again.

Applied on-line today and looking forward to trynig once more to break the magical 4 hours (4:02 at Abo last year).

All is not well with the ScudULike body however and have not been able to run AT ALL since November. Ortho consultant last week reckons I have got compartment syndrome in my lower right leg - has booked me in for 2.5 hours worth of MRI scans tomorrow... will probably bet the long-term prognosis next week.

All the best.

• Scud-U-like - well at least you'll be able to flog your entry if the recovery period sticks its tentacles too far into your training plan for this year's Abo. I expect they'll fix you eventually but we all understand that not knowing the timescales is sooo frustrating!
  • Fido

That's why I applied.m It's a nice touch that Abo allow you to transfer your entry to another if you have to drop out...

Is expecially frustrating this year as I also got through the ballot for London (on the 5th attempt) - deferring that now til 2013...

• Loulabell, yes would be great to see you cheering at SStone, i'm still resting my ankle injury at moment and plan a gentle run next week Way i'm going its going to be run on 3 weeks training eek!!! but if i'm doing London i've got to just get on with it

I am so excited about London, i am not giving it up for anyone lol

Incidentally does anyone know if Abingdon has a medal??
  • Hello all. Entered and can't wait to run Abbo again.
  • Yes it does have a medal.
  • Argh! The list hasn't been updated since Tuesday night and I don't know if I have a place.
  • HannahsmomUK wrote (see)
    Loulabell, yes would be great to see you cheering at SStone, i'm still resting my ankle injury at moment and plan a gentle run next week Way i'm going its going to be run on 3 weeks training eek!!! but if i'm doing London i've got to just get on with it

I am so excited about London, i am not giving it up for anyone lol

Incidentally does anyone know if Abingdon has a medal??
    hannahsmom, what did you do to your ankleimage?
  • hello by'eckimage have you checked todays list?