Achilles tendonitis

12346»

Comments

• Combined with shorts, 'camp' was an understatement. Anyway I started swimming loads, leg work without the load bearing, and followed this up with foam rolling, and the rollers have worked wonders. I still stretch my calves, hamstrings and Achilles pretty much everyday, and am now running back to about 20 miles a week, combined with biking and swimming. 6 weeks injury free now, and the odd bit of tightness I've had I've acted on it immediately, socks, stretch, ice, then socks again. 

• I have a physio roller and use it about 3-4 times a week. I have been doing toe raises daily as well as drops, maybe for a few weeks I will just do the drops, as for swimming it's really not for me. Thanks for the advice though. Since my back trouble I worked hard on my legs both stretching and strengthening just got to get the achillies sorted.

Good to hear your back to running injury free just a bummer to hear it took 18 months.

• The standard Doctor's direction for most ankle injuries is to rest the injury and let it heal over time.  Doctors usually recommend patients try to stay off their ankle for a period of time and to take something for the pain.  In most cases the injury will heal itself within 1 to 3 months without treatment.

Athletic therapists keep their athletes away from pain killers.  For the best results managing pain they use ColdCure treatments.  ColdCure serves to actually reduce inflammation and control pain without adverse side effects.  ColdCuretechnology can contribute significantly to reduced pain and more rapid recovery for high priority patients.

King Brand Healthcare Products manufactures a line of BFST wraps and ColdCure medical devices that are specifically designed for patients that require better than normal care for their ankle injuries.

http://www.kingbrand.com/Achilles_Injury_Treatment.php?REF=47PV8http://www.kingbrand.com/Ankle-Ice-Packs-and-wraps.php?REF=47PV6