South Cheshire 20

13»

Comments

• I looked arouud for you...

Did talk to Gazza though half way ,and saw him at the end.

In terms of organising. Great job.

Hearing some horror stories about Manchester marathon nearby and baggage. Stuff pinched, kit left in the rain and no bags for 2 hours after finishing for people finishing in 3:15 time. Madness.

You guys could clearly show them a thing or two. Will definitely look for this one again.

Looking forward to seeing Bryan's photos too.
  • Hi All

Back home and finally warmed up!! I have to mirror the comments of my fellow runners, despite bl**dy awful weather the marshals were fantastic, they so encouraging and cheerful all the way around. It was tough of us runner but I would imagine that standing there for 3-4 hours was as equally tough so a very BIG THANK YOU, I may have given up if you hadn't been there.

It was a lovely route and I was able to but Stafford 20 behind me and finish in 3:00! Thanks to a couple of the runners I ran with towards the end, it was nice to have to company. If you where being stalked by a lady in a Pink top it was me, thanks

Take care everyone and keep on running!
  • Hey everyone

For the runners I just wanna say everyone who finished that today are total legends, seriously. I sat at the leisure centre like everyone else wondering what I was doing. There were 5 puddles where your couldn't get round them so you had to run through them and your feet were literally covered!

Must say the marshalls were incredible again, even more so this time around 'cos I couldn't stand there for 4 hours and be that enthusiastic. I was thanking them at the time and I say it again, there encouragement was SO motivating. Thanks to the organisers for still getting this race on, overall was nice to still get it done anyway.

I came in, in 2:37.40 so just after FRC; I was the washed up lad wearing number 2, and was wearing my blue and white vest over my hi viz jacket image

It was nice coming back this year knowing what to expect this time around and was nice to be able to descend without every step being in agony like i was last year due to a knee MCL injury.

CharlieR; no problem. You know I like this course and I will always do you good PR image

Well done everyone today, enjoy your recovery beers / wine tonight, you've earned it probably more than you've ever done before image

Ste

• Well done Kirsten on beating the previous race - makes running that course on a day like today worth it (kind of)

Good luck with the half at Edinburgh - You'll breeze it compared to today image
  • A big thanks to al the the marshalls,Never been as cold as that[even in the winter]    My arse was freezing !! I kept sticking my hands down to try and warm it up,

• On behalf of South Cheshire Harriers, thank you for coming and braving it; I will make sure the marshals get to see your lovely comments. I think with a rural course and a small field they're often as pleased to see you as you are to see them.

I could hardly hold my pen on the finish line but I'd still take that over running it image
  • Thank you SCH for a great race. It was very tough and much tougher than I expected with killer hills.
    I came in at 3-17 and am very pleased with that. Enjoyed running with the young lass from Preston and the life boat man from Prestatyn for the first 10 miles. The last 10 just seemed to go up and down.

A special thanks to all that added to the find John Lawton fund. Much appreciated.

A special thanks to all the marshals , especially the dancing ones image you were terrific and with out great marshalls there would be no races.

If any one found my jacket and Sandbach striders race shirt, please let me know, I left in the hall following the race.
  • Phil, I've got your jacket and top. Will email you and arrange drop off.

Well done today; very glad to see Sanbach out in force and hope there were plenty of donations.
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    after reading about this race and hills i might give it a go next year I do spenbrough 20 every year and that is one killer of a hilly course
  • Photos and results are now on www.racephotos.org.uk Looks for South Cheshire 20 near the bottom of the page. I came 26th, yay!

Ste

• I ran Manchester today and feel a certain comraderie for anyone who was distance running today. Truly horrific, well done!
  • GazOC think we had it a tiny bit easier. You had another 6 miles... and hail I heard?
    Also big problems with picking up baggage after.

Steven Shaw... Thought you were doing fab... Powering up those hills. I let you go there 200-600 metres ahead since that was my plan to take hills really easy then reeled you in on the last 7 miles downhill/ flatter.. Great run by you if you've been injured. Respect.

Charlie, marshalls were great.. And also a giggle too... I said "thanks guys" to two...then realised they were female but in big full body jackets. Funny. I was very PC and said "Sorry, ladies/ girls whichever you prefer! "

First time I've been placed in a race. And photos look great Bryan.
  • Pretty tough, but I got close to my PB on the course, so considering the heavy rain and strong winds I am really pleased with myself.  I have been training hard for this race, so it's nice when things come together.

All of this would not have been possible without the superb race organisation.  Well done to all concerned.

Thanks again Bryan, for providing excellent momemtoes of a momenteous occasionimage

I smile to myself as I thought about a comment from Usain Bolt's coach.  He said that Usain might not break the World Record in the Olympics as the weather in Great Britain is not conducive to running fast times.  Hell man, he is only out there for 9.5 seconds, he wants to try it for 4 hours. image

• Yep, it was pretty grim FRC. I had to leave my bag there, I was in a bit of a mess after the race and then standing round for 30 mins waiting for 5000 identical bags to be sorted out!
  • That would be great Charlie , I only live n haslington so just drop me an email and I will arrange to pick them up. Glad you found them .dont need hem for a few days as someon has stolen my legs overnight and given me some led pipes as replacement
  • Flip FlopFlip Flop ✭✭✭

Hi all ..... Don't frequent RW much but felt I had to post to a big thank you to SCH for such a fantastically organised race in such poor conditions, and would like to echo the thanks for the mrshalls who really did keep me going and a special note to the lads around miles 14/15 I think with the car doors open and "Eye of the Tiger" belting out .... it kept me going.

Paul ... "life boat man from Prestatyn" here image Glad you enjoyed  the rest of the race and hope you're legs are returned in good condition soon. Hope Liz enjoyed the rest of the race to.

Kirsten .... Nice turn of pace in the last couple of miles I just couldn't keep up with you but very happy with getting round in 3:02

• Thanks for the kind comments regarding my photos.  Honestly it does make it all so worthwhile, particulaly on a day when the weather was so foul.  What with the strong winds and lashing rain I was literally soaked to the skin.

That said, the waves and the smiles did warm me up and made me want to sit it out.

Such photos are on Page 10, Flip Flop, life boat man Paul, this sort of camaraderie and mutual support is great to see and what the sport is about, particularly on a 20 mile race.
     http://www.racephotos.org.uk/southcheshire202012_10.htm

Well done everyone.

Kind regards.

Bryan
    http://www.racephotos.org.uk

• Flip Flop (and others) I am feeding these comments back to the marshals via our club Facebook page, and they are collectively thrilled with the response. Or, to quote one of the young lads blasting out Eye of the Tiger: "Hahahahaaa!!! I knew it! This is fantastic."

You'd never think standing in the rain could be so much fun.
  • Well done all that raced yesterday being a Marshall (for a change) was great fun supporting you all, even in the rain and we'll be doing the same for you all next year and so on. But it would be nicer without the rain! lol
  • Hi All

First chance at getting on RW Forum since the race. Travelled over from West Yorkshire for the race and thought it was totally worth it. Great course, thankfully not as hilly as I thought it would be. Marshalls were great aswell, you must have all been freezing cold.

Really pleased with my time of 2h 41m 25s, considering only 6 weeks training due to injury, only just over a minute slower than my PB.

FRC, good to talk to you. Great time as well.

RacePhotos, thanks for the motivational shouts as I ran past.

Well done to all involved with the race.