Blaydon race 2012

2»

Comments

• All ready for Blaydon now. Had a good run out today and am resting up now until Saturday. Feel really excited about it. I think our club (Tyne Bridge) has over 80 runners competing and then I know that about 10 of my friends outside of the club are running it too. Will have butterflies in my tummy come 6pm on Saturday.
  • Me too - last run this morning, and first go with the Micro-DV camera I'm thinking about taking along. You can see my inspirational video https://vimeo.com/43626869.

I may win the Turner prize with it. In the mean time, a small wedge of foam might make the view a little more mainstream, at least until I lose a few more pounds...

Don't know anyone else running it - though there are a few of you on here who might spot me in my Veggie Athletic vest. 

Very excited - already planned tomorrow night's pasta-indulgence-feast. Once again, testing man's ability not to explode after large amounts of pesto and pasta shells... if you hear a boom along the coast tomorrow night, it's just me.

• I know you're a veggie but I'm having Steak tonight. Protein's important aye? Well that's my excuse.

I'll listen out for the sonic boom later tonight as you explode.
  • Aye, was told that spinach has about the same protein as steak - what they didn't explain was that to eat the same amount of spinach as the weight of a steak, I'd have to fill the bath with the stuff and start working me way through it... better get started.

Pre-ordered Scott Jurek's book, "Eat & Run" - as he's a vegan and an ultramarathoner, I figured there may be a tip or two I could glean from it.

• Met Office reckons it'll clear at 3pm today - fingers crossed... not looking too bad at the moment. Race you all for the back marker position. image

• Met Office was well wrong...torrential rain from start to finish. Helped keep us cool though eh?
  • I swam along the Scotswood Road in 1hr 6 mins, which I'm delighted with.
  • Well done blef! Was a bit of an experience, eh? Got my memorial programme drying out with kitchen roll between the pages - thought there should have been a certificate in there going by the lad I was talking to on the way back on the Metro - might give the organisers a buzz and ask. 

Think my trainers might be dry for the Hadrian's Wall Half Marathon in a fortnight...

• I think I saw you. But I didn't really want to walk up to a stranger and say "excuse me, are you persued by angry bees?" maybe I should have though. Lol
  • You would have been welcome (if it had been me) - my doppelganger, who also runs for the Vegetarian Cycling & Athletic Club and who also shares the same first, last and middle name as me, was also about, also in his club vest. He's younger and lighter than me - if you want to tell us apart, then he's the one in front. I know that sounds like a ridiculous lie, but there really is another one... met him for the first time in the Bigg Market getting ready - I explained I wasn't stalking his identity.

Quick link to my blog with some pictures http://pursuedbyangrybees.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/blaydon-race-report/.