Options

Forum changes: preview and your feedback wanted

Comments

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Getting back to the real world. I got an email today from a lady with a Chinese name about RW. Is this for real or is it more Spam?

Yes I got one too .. I replied

Yes, that's Yeen, she's working with me at Immediate as the main contact for the RW team. She's helping RW to clear through the last few  issues from the relaunch and any new ones since then

• Options

<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"><span style="color: #000000;">beater

• Options

how about that one then nothing done again i see all that code and i only posted one word

and what about the spam are we ever destine to have to put up with it

• Options

Ban these spammers for good or go back to old format.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Looks like the spam's back.

I was abit sceptical about this email too - thanks to Meldy and Sussex Runner for asking this previously.

• Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    Sort the fucking spam out!!!!!
  • Options

<a title="Another Immediate Title" href="http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/">http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/</a&gt;

Well, looks like they got this site sorted, it was just as bad over the weekend.

(Thanks for the pointer, LNimage)

And the link thing still doesn't work.  As you can see from the above attempt at a link.

http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Losing interest in a forum that seems permanently swamped by spam ...

• Options

Hi all,

Apologies again for the spam over last weekend and this week. We're looking at ways to fix this and to prevent a repeat. We'd love to hear your feedback on this thread:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/general-running/forum-spam-apology-and-fixes/200968.html

Best,
    Dominique

• Options

VOTE SLOWFOOT  for MODERATOR image

• Options

thanks kk, logged that. I think it is related to the 'paste' bug, for which a fix is just being tested (MPS-1115)

• Options

Sean what happened to the avatar picture you used to get in the top right hand corner with the list of option ie: my bookmarks ' my forum ,log out

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Toby - I lost that for a while but got it to re-appear by deselecting the 'Compatibility View' option with Internet Explorer. I can now see it again.

Tools > Compatibility View.

See if this is the same for you

• Options

Orbutt thanks thats worked

• Options

OK - logging in for the first time in a while although I know all the issues with the spambot attacks over the last couple of weeks. Frankly, I'm too lazy to read back over 15 pages of posts so I'm going to make my point and if people have said the same before then s0d it.

With the best will in the world RW you are losing people from the forums and something needs to be done. It's not user friendly in the slightest - to be fair it only really works if you're logging in from a pc which is rare for people these days. You need to move with the times and work more on an app based approach that will fit with both android and apple devices.

There is also the issue of moderation. If people have purely been approached to delete spam then that is one thing, but if they are truly 'mods' in the full sense of the word then you need to follow the example of other highly successful and profligate sites where the board mods actually have to apply to have that responsibility.

When it comes to spam then get your tech people (who frankly on the basis of the last couple of weeks are not worth a whatever) to set up new user accounts so they can't post links until they've made a minimum of X number of posts and they have to have their email address verified as part of the process. To say I've been disappointed in the professionalism of this site over the last few weeks is a huge understatement.

At the end of the day, YOU - RW - are putting yourselves at risk. By not dealing with issues as and when they arise, or by not being willing to invest enough in protecting your forum users who are - at the end of the day - your bread and butter (after all, what would be the point in having advertising revenue if noone was actually there to view it, it would soon drop off - if I was in marketing and we were advertising on a dying website I'd be pulling my contract quick smart) then you jeopardise the whole future of the forums themselves let alone events like the Mudchute Support crew.

Why should we advertise RW at Mudchute if we don't agree with how you're operating? We are all people who volunteer to be there on the day - we get the square root of nothing back from RW for doing it in the first place, we are there becaue we enjoy it. You lot couldn't even be bothered to turn up this year, you relied on mine and Tickled Pinks photos to put on the website and neither of us even got a credit for it which is just rude as far as I'm concerned.

Even last year there were more photos from 2 miles up the road and then from the Fetchpoint than there were from here - talk about disrespecting your members.

It's an amazing facility to offer to runners, and there are people who rely on it. But I can guarantee you it won't happen (in RW name at least)  going forwards if things don't change.

Pay more attention and give more respect and you may get the same in return.

• Options

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Morning all

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">had a rest day yesterday i am hoping the weather improves somewhat as i want to try a 13 miler today but it rains as heavy as it has done all night then it will be in the garage

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Finally signed up for the Bristol H/M on the 30th September and bought my Brighton photos yesterday

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">have to say i am on the verge of jacking this weight loss thing in altogether<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  for my determination on Monday have failed once again to stick to it so am know at the point of thinking what’s the point and just giving up

• Options

are you going to fix the above problem or have you given up am i destine to spend

10 minutes each time deleting the rubbish i get

• Options

it is a right pain toby.......totally agree with you

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Ummmm- how do I add a thread to My Bookmarks now????? Doesn't seem to be an option for that anymore.....

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

AND if the answer is that "Follow Thread" is the replacement, when I click on "Follow Thread" and then go in to "Followed Thread" any new threads don't show up. ALSO, when I click on the "jump to" option I get the can't display webpage message.....

• Options

my bookmarks are still at the top right of the page under my name.............it might be one of those things that sean and the team are still trying to sort out for some people.......there is a thread and a list somewhere of what they are still working on

• Options

<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;">

hello is anybody at RW out there how are you getting on with solving the cut and paste problem

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Toby- I think one of the tech guys said that they were waiting to roll out a load of fixes... that was a few weeks ago though. Maybe they want to test it more than normal to avoid issues?

• Options

Emmy i hope so as it's getting really frustating now i either have to spend 10 minutes deleting the code or post straight on here and hope my spelling not to bad (not  a strong point)

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'm just trying to be optimisticimage

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

For one second Toby 3, i thought the spammers had come up with a subtle name there!