Options

A tribute to aid station personel.

2»

Comments

• Options

Just checked the profile of the aforementioned 50k race its quite hilly so maybe does justify a slower time (course record is 4hr 01)

My take on abusive tonks at CP's is just give them a time penalty say 10mins for each time there rude.

The look on there face at the end would be priceless if they have accumalated a lot of time penalties imageimageimage

Or failing that yeah push em in the canal.....

• Options

The pushing in the canal clause would be more practical at some events than others. 

The GUCR for example, would be eminently suited to testing such a sanction!

• Options

Cragchick - I know the guy who has taken over as the new organiser of the fling this year - we used to work together, although a while ago now. Maybe I should drop him a wee email, or point him in the direction of this thread? imageimage 

He was marshalling at the finish line last year so he will no doubt have heard what happened and know about the ongoing Bein Glas / relay crew parking issues. I'm sure he will be at pains to sort things out so people dont compromise the future of the race with rudeness.

One thing I would have done though is cut back the number of relay teams on that race, 47 listed with 4 people in each!!!!!!????? image I'd limit the teams to maybe 20, and make it mainly a solo runner event with say a 500 limit, although maybe even that is too many on that route.

• Options

Why would anybody want to be a relay runner?

Do you think I want to divide my race experience between five people?

• Options

Exactly what I think too.

With the Fling in particular but with a lot of other races too - the point for me is its a journey - in this case from Lowland Scotland across the Highland boundary geological faultline, along Loch Lomond and into the true Highlands. I mean who really would want to just run the flat Milngavie - Drymen stretch and leave it at that? image 

• Options

There is an irony here that a thread started to applaud aid station staff would degenerate eventually into a thread with ultra runners talking about themselves!!