Wales Marathon 2012

2»

Comments

• That initially climb onto the ridgeway is certainly interesting, especially for the people who were'nt expecting it.

• One afterthought - did anyone else spot that a bunch of the mile markers were about half a mile too early? They seemed to even themselves out by the end, but I'm sure around 17/18/19/20 they kept popping up too soon...

• Couple of things:-

1: There doesn't appear to be a full list of all results: only individual results on nmae/bib. Don't know about others but I like to view a full list to see how my time/placing fits in context

2: I reckon quite a few signs were early - a little in the first half but more so as Ulen says. 

I have that down as pretty demanding!

• I'd never run in Tenby before, really enjoyed this one!!

• Ulen (madasaboxoffrogs) wrote (see)

One afterthought - did anyone else spot that a bunch of the mile markers were about half a mile too early? They seemed to even themselves out by the end, but I'm sure around 17/18/19/20 they kept popping up too soon...

Going by my Garmin (I know....) mile 2 marker was a little short (0.85) and then they were consistent-ish until the  14 mile split which was only about half a mile further down than 13, so the later mile markers were co-inciding with about a .5 of a mile on my Garmin.  I wasn't paying very close attention to the latter stages but I had a little over 26.2 showing at the finish.

• I can guarantee that the actually course distance was correct as it has been officially measured before-hand for people who needed to use their time.

I do agree that some of the markers during the dark side of the marathon seemed abit off, at one point I don't even remember seeing them for a few miles. image

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    Ferrous Ferret

I had exactly the same as you with the mile 2 marker short. Started wondering if I took a shortcut, but rectified itself later on down the race, finishing with a tad over 26.2 at the end - the sort of accuracy expected.

I was taking my split times based on the milemarkers. Thats the second race in a row I had a dodgy mile marker. Think I will go back to having Garmin auto record laps based on GPS miles.
  • Started running last autumn and this was my first half marathon, it was awesome! Very hilly - and I am from Britih Columbia so I know hills! - but the challenge really did make the finish line even sweeter!

Huge thanks to all the supporters along the route, they really made it such fun!
  • Well done to everyone who ran. I only did the half and I'm sure I was running mostly up to the clouds than anything else.... I suffered afterwards more than anticipated and I had stupidly booked to do another half 14 days after-done that Sunday - may just do a few 5k's!!
  • What is the link for the results page please?

• Seems like it is not on the new web page for the marathon. Can be found on Power of 10 site:

http://www.thepowerof10.info/results/results.aspx?meetingid=61370