Support Group 1

Comments

• Have dropped stuff off at rw stand at excel. I've got my number and chip and just got to the hotel. It's happening image !!!!!!
  • Oi no dissing the nuns............. image

Well done Gilly, meant to pick some up yesterday and completely forgot

• Pub info for Chandos after - we'd love to see you all if you can make it xxx

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-chandos-london

• Red 8 for me if anyone is there. Orange Arthritis Research UK vest with Phil on.

Now in my hotel, which is the Holiday Inn right on mile 14. The sign is up, the barriers are out....it is close!
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Green 4 for me. Will be in skins shorts and help the hospices top
  • Just want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone. Will be having my final carb heavy soon... getting very nervous

For any blue starters.. I'll be wearing a white,blue and yellow JDRF top with Pingu on the back. My running number is 14023... if you seem me then come and say hello.

See you on the other side

• Well my lovelies, countdown has begun. I'm nervous for you all but so excited for you all more.

GOOD LUCK. Sleep well, you've got an early start tomorrow (I'm leaving home just before 6 if its any consolation lol) and we will see you at 17.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Nice pasta dinner tonight and try get some sleep. I'll try popping in tonight in case anyone is stil around with last minute nerves.

Good luck everyone and see u at 17!
  • Good Luck tomorrow everyone image hope we all have a great run!! Have fun!!!
    See you at 17 xx
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    gulp - see you there!
  • SuperCaz checking in from Bear Mansions

Claire, I am currently trying to make your drink flat.  I hope it will be OK for you by tomorrow.

• Nice one caz image are you dragging the Bear along with you? We adopted him into our group last year image
  • Cheers supercaz, see u tomorrow image
  • Yes, Bear is coming with me.  I need a sherpa for all the stuff I have
  • Lol - right then national rail epic fail. I'll be at the chute an hour later than planned but RR and TP should be there to hold the fort
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    beautiful morning here - bring it on!!!
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

thank you soooo much for the gels and the hugs at mile 17 - what a huge lift, just knowing you would be there and then getting the gels handed to me so quickly. brilliant. I am signing off from marathons now (going to sit on my hands while the ballot is open) so will be thee at mile 17 in 2013 providing the same support to others.

you were FAB - hope you had a good day

• So sorry I missed you all - have explained why to SBH in a PM - new PB anyway so well chuffed.

Rellies are here now so must go - will sign in again tomorrw.

Hope everyone had a fantastic day image

• Well done screamy sorry missed u.

Well done Gladrags u were just about spot on in time. Hope the rest of run went ok

Good to see u in pub becks, hope u got home ok and legs aren't too bad!

Well done to all the others, enjoyed the hugs.

If we missed u, so sorry it does get difficult when the masses are going thro!
  • Hi guys thankyou so so much for today!! Was amazing meeting you sorry I had ickle cry tee hee! Just goes to show how much I appreciated you both being there image so sorry never got to the pub I ended up not being too well, had to stop and get some drugs. Feeling bit better now, I did push myself to get to that finish! Just over 6hrs in the end. I will do my upmost best to be your side of fence next year image
  • Well done Claire was great to see u. It is an emotional day. Glad u r feeling better!
  • Wow, what a day. I'll never forget it. A massive thank you to SBH and Gillymac for everything you have done and the hugs at mile 17. They were well needed and did the job. Apologies for turning up a tad earlier than expected.

Congrats to all the runners

@Claire - gutted to hear that you didn't feel well during the race. Well done on finishing it though.

So pleased with my time of 4 hours, 40 mins and 40 secs. My shin was perfectly fine image
  • Sorry I never stopped at Mudchute...I think I was entering the cramping zone at that point and was totally focused on controlling it!

Amazing day, delighted with my 4:10:38, which knocks 40 mins off my 2011 time, just shows what slightly cooler weather does!

Well done to everyone who ran and supported today...makes you proud to be British!
  • Morning All image suprisingly I've slept really well. But ouch feet and legs ha ha, and I'm still glowing! Think was right yesterday and it was just the heat and sun that got to me. Still I adjusted my plans from 5hrs to just get round.

A massive Congratulations to all the runners! Well done to Rob I saw you pass me, but then again the nurse was easy to spot. image and Thankyou again to Gillymac and SBH for everything at mile 17. Oh sorry can't remember who posted on here about making my lemonade flat, it was perfect thankyou image
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

so pleased everyone had a good one - wasn't the weather just spot on after all that worrying? one of the pub tannoys commented that he "hoped the sun would come back out" when i was at  about 20miles - don't think any of the runners felt that way!

Steve - delighted the injury was a phantom after all!

phatboy - what a brilliant time! wish that was me!

Claire - well done you on having such a sensible and controlled race - glad the lemonade worked well!

I ended up having a pretty good time of it. All my miles were between 10 and 11 minutes - I spent the first few miles with people streaming past me and most of the second half streaming past other people! Bit frustrating in the last 10 miles having to dodge quite so many walkers but am delighted with my time - have been stuck at 4h40 for 2 years and finaly cracked it with 4h38!

aches and pains not too bad here yet - pretty sure will seize up at my desk today though - glad there are no stairs at work!!

• Well done Stevieh was great to see u.

Great time phatboyrunning, u must be well chuffed

Glad u got a good sleep Claire, enjoy wearing your medal today.

Great time Gladrags, the weather behaved itself yesterday with no rain or hail yest altho it might have been a bit hot for u runners at times. I've even managed to get a big sunburnt face with white goggles from my sunglasses.

Hope sbh checks in soon, last I saw her she was looking a tad worse for wear in the pub.
  • Thank you, thank you and thank you for the amazing support at mile 17....

The tropical berry Nuun went down a treat.

The wind played havoc with Nessa especially along parts of docklands and the embankment and to be honest it was still far too warm in Nessa but I made it round and the crowds were sensational as usual......roll out next year

Yours humbly shoulders aching Rob......imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Ps. the T-Shirts are about the best they have ever been...........must be the union jack design....image
  • Alright gilly there's no need for that image anyway it wouldn't be normal unless I was blitzed by the end eh? I have a hangover and sunburn but what a fab day image

Congrats to everyone I thought that those of you we saw looked really good! Sorry we missed some of you tho but it can be really difficult to spot you in the masses image

I had a wonderful time image xxx
  • Hi everyone, and well done! image, I had a nightmare race (again) with nausea, a stitch, cramp and blisters but managed to pull off a PB by about 28 minutes - have looked at my splits and still don't quite know how I did it but I am so chuffed because the whole race was a battle and I just wanted it to end. Oh and I beat Orinoco, so glad I got past one of the Wombles! image

Rob - saw you up ahead of me at about mile 5, daresay you finished a good while before I did. Agree about the t-shirt, a bit on the large side but a nice design image

Don't feel to bad today. Bit stiff and  I cough whenever I take a deep breath but feeling much better than I did in 2007.