Support Group 1

1141516171820»

Comments

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

Zaftig - since having the kids, my marathon times have been 4h49, 4h54, 4h40, 4h41 and 4h38. so getting progressively better.

interestingly, my training this year was rubbish. fewer LSRs than before and less mileage - maybe it's a new trianing plan we could market? don't train! run faster!!

• Gladrags Im liking the sound of your training programme image Well Done on the 12miler so soon after the marathon. Hope your next marathon goes well.

Was dying to get out for a long run today but unfortunately had to come into work. image Ahwell Long weekend coming up

• way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Gladrags, as others are saying, think you've got the balance about right. the important thing when doing marathons close together is to listen to your body - if you feel tired don't run - it won't make much difference to your fitness level and will probably help prevent injury...... i took last week off, did a gentle 4 on tues, will do about 8 tonight then 21 this weekend. next week my long run will only be about 14 miles and i probably won't run for about 5 days before the marathon......
  • Oh yes Way2Slow sorry forgot you were doing another marathon too. hope your long run goes well this weekend. Which one are you doing next?
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Hi Claire - am doing windermere next - think this one will be closer to 4hrs30 than 4 with all them hills!!
  • Good Luck. I'm sure you'll do great
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

cheers Claire - am really looking forward to this one - everyone keeps telling me the scenery is fantastic - am hoping it'll take my mind off the hills image

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

thanks all! image - i have entered now and will just play it by ear.

windermere sounds great way2slow? think nice scenery does help....

• way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

Go for it gladrags - sure you'll do great. Think windermere is definately gonna be more exciting than the one i'm doing in july - it involves 7 laps round a lake!!!

• Wow u lot are still at it!

Gladrags your training sounds good, best of luck for mara no 2!

With all the excitement of vlm I sort of agreed to do the Sudbury slog, so I'm all signed up for that now. It's only 10 miles but is a mud feast!
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

nothing wrong with a bit of mud if you ask me (yes, I am a Grizzly addict) image

• SBH signing in as Becks nowimage - yep, we're having another drunk girls night in!!!! Gladrags, we really should get a date sorted for all three of us to get together we were talking tonight about making it a regular occurrenceimage Although I am going to work on Becks not leading me astray on a school night going forwards, I think I'm going to suffer tomorrow!!!!

Yours truly has a date tomorrowimage ooerr missus! But have no fear, any mara's I've already volunteered my cheering capacity at shall be honouredimage and I may well be looking to become part of the regular volunteer crowd helping out at Foxy's Enigma events so you should all check them out - www.enigmarunning.co.uk and I'd love to see you there???..

Becks says tonight is all my fault and that she doesn't drink wine and therefore she's going to feel rubbish tomorrow whereas apparently I'll be okay - don't hold your breath! If anyone else is in this sort of area and fancies joining us (that would be London - or specifically Blackheath for now) let us know, the more the merrier!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Gilly - I may need a bed for the night for some of the Enigma's???..promise I won't bring the dog lol xxxxxxxxxx (Becks says I should promise not to drink too much too but we all know that would be a lie and I'd have my fingers crossed lol) mwah!!!! xxxxx
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

Hi Becks - i'm doing the enigma one on 7th July so will hopefully see you there - would be great to meet you - i'll be the one with the bored looking husband and hyperactive beagle in tow! 

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

hic! would love to join you for girls night out -  when? where?!! am partial to the Princess and Khans but up for new ideas! - and good luck for the date SBH!

have done hellrunner and am now sworn off events that include bogs... will have a look at enigma though.

weather looking ok-ish for the weekend - am eating porridge in preparation!

• No prob sbh, u can have a bed anytime and I'm sure we can provide vino as wellimage

I may even come along. I had no idea this was going on so close to my house!
  • Knew I could rely on you Gilly!!!! Lol x

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

4h35. 3 mins faster than London image - and with that I would like to hang up my marathon trainers (for a while at least) - although that is what I said 3 weeks ago......

• Hi All

Sorry I didnt realise this thread was still going, for some reason I wasnt getting any emails saying people had posted. image Hope everyone is well and recovered now after London. Gladrags Well Done on your time! That is awesome work. Not much to report from my end. I did an 8.5 mile run on Saturday and well couldn't walk properly on Sunday. Yep I stretched out after the run. Im moving ok now though.