Support Group 1

Comments

• Morning!

Off to get my bone scan results this afternoon... I'm actually more anxious than I was waiting for exam results! Or maybe exam results were so long ago I just don't remember the nerves. image
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

best of luck Becks

Had great run in the sunshine yesterday evening - tried out my marathon vest. Tis a little snug image - going to be chafe-tastic!

• Good luck Becks.. hope it goes well and fingers crossed on the results.

I am sitting at my desk wondering if I have caught something. I have managed to dodge the cold/flu bug all winter. A great achievement considering I hop on the tube everyday. It is sods law as I want to run tonight and have my big run this weekend... my arms and legs feel sooo heavy though.... not good image
  • Sounds like man-flu Stevie!! image

Hope it's not though and you manage to get your runs in. Don't over do it.
  • Hopefully it isn't anything too nasty stevie and doesn't put u out of action!

Best of luck Beck, let's us know how it goes.
  • Am feeling a tad better but I suppose I will know fully when I hit the road tonight... fingers crossed.

Becks - any news?
  • Hi All

Becks fingers crossed for good news.

Stevie H Hope your feeling better soon.

Had a nice 5 miler  this morning in the sunshine, there was a lovely breeze too. Could do with weather like that on the day image

• Don't worry Stevie, you'll be all better by the big day image
  • Evening people, hope u all had a good run in the sun. I went out for first time in two weeks was good image
  • Morning All!

The results of the bone scan are in and there is mixed news....
    Bad news: 3 'borderline' bilateral tibial stress fractures and "stress damage" to both tibias image
    Good news: I am still allowed to run the marathon although it may well lead to full blown stress fractures.

So, not ideal but providing I stick to a run-walk strategy I should make it round image

How are you feeling Stevie? How did the run go last night?
  • Morning All

Becks - sorry to hear the news image but fantastic news that you are able to run/walk the marathon imageimage Hopefully you won't develop full blown stress fractures as that sounds nasty.

Am feeling a lot better. I think I have just overdone it over the past few weeks. Having said that I did a quick 5.3 miles last night and it was warm! Felt fine so I am definitely not ill or not coming down with anything - touch wood. I find whenever I run fast I get a new blister!! Think I will stick to my marathon pace going forward!!

I managed to get my hands on my race pack last night. My running number is 14023 so that means I am joining Claire and Becks at the blue start image
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    oh Becks..... sounds like you're being v brave about the whole thing..... is there any kind of strapping you could wear that would give your shins some support?
  • Morning All

Woo Hoo another one joining the Blue start imageimage

Becks sorry to hear that news but great that you have been given the go ahead to complete the marathon. Just take it steady. Gladrags idea is good be worth looking into it, fingers crossed.

Stevie Glad your feeling better and its not developed into anything.

Well I have woken up with a pulled muscle in right leg so dont think I will be running this afternoon, am thinking rest and possible ice the area and get myself fit for Saturdays last long run image

• Oh becks, a real mixed bag of news there. Just make sure u stick to your run/walk strategy don't want u developing full blown stress fractures.

Glad u r feeling better, I think it is that time to start looking after yourself. Plenty of Vit C and avoid anyone with colds/flues

Claire, def rest until that leg feels better. U have the miles in the bank now!
  • Gladrags, I asked my physio this morning if there is any support or taping I can use to help my shins out but apparently not. I already run wearing calf supports (although I've no idea if they actually help) but if anyone knows of something else I can try I am all ears.

Glad to hear that the potential man-flu infection didn't strike Stevie and well done for doing a fast run in the heat - I was meant to run at lunch with a couple of people from work but it was far too hot for me!

Did you manage to pull a muscle in your sleep Claire??! Definitely rest up. How far are you aiming for on Saturday?
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

well done Becks

everyone v glum at work as forecast for weekend is for cold weather - I, however, am doing a little jig as it means Kingston will be more bearable!image

• I am with you Gladrags.. just checked the weather and it is going to be 7 degrees cooler when I do my long run this weekend image

• Hooray for the return of more spring-like weather image
  • Thanks everyone
    Well sat at home now with ice pack on leg, it feels sooooooooo much better already image Would like to do 20miles on Saturday but main aim now is to get to that start line, I know I can get round.
    I'm glad too that it's bit cooler this weekend image
  • Aww Kingston breakfast run, been years since I did that, I used to like that one, it's a nice run down by the river!

It's maybe a good idea to get some runs done in the sun as u never know what the day will be like. Since 2007 when I first done it they have all been scotchers except 08 where we had sun, cloudy, rain and hail all whilst we were out on the course. The hail was sore lucky I wasn't too far from the blackfriars tunnel. The last 3 years I've been on the supporters side of the fence and they have all been warm!
  • i'm so excited i just can't hide I'm about to lose control and i think i like it...oh yerrrrrrrrr come on...................................imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone - TP sent me on over to get my name added to the list for the best supporters group in the world image  will post my running info over the weekend........
  • Way2Slow Hi image We are the best here image

Well glad to report leg feels tons better today so I am glad I rested yesterday, will be out for my last long run in the morning then the taper beginsimage

• Afternoon everyone...

Glad that the leg is better Claire. Be careful on your long run.

Loving the excitement for the race. Not long to go now. So looking forward to tapering my runs

Welcome to SG1 way2slow image
  • Cheers Stevie H I will be going slower than usual as im going to take it very easy image Hope you have a good run tomorrow. Im looking forward to the taper too
  • Woohoo! It's Friday and just one long (training) run to go. imageimage

Just been out for a little run and discovered why I was told to stick to slow runs... running with an enormously tall guy from work at some ridiculously fast pace was foolish - I am now sat at my desk with ice packs on both legs!!
    On the bright side I did get to watch the penguins being fed at the zoo as I hobbled back through the park. Far more exciting than the usual London wildlife.

Can't wait for the taper and the carb-loading... by far the best bit of the training!!
  • Have a good run over the weekend everyone, only 3 weeks to go. How exciting,
  • Welcome to the wicked ones Way2slow image
  • Wahooooo just got myself round 20miles resting for today now ha ha

hope everyone else is having good weekend