Support Group 3

191011121315»

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    There were parts of the course where I felt like that Sally.  But for me, I desperatly needed Mudchute and it was there for me at just the right time.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    OMG, you lot were so lucky with the weather at VLM.  Stratford today was cancelled as the weather was so bad, but they did run the half.  Lets just say it was hell and I don't want to talk about it.
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

What was it like, Caz?

SuperCaz wrote (see)
    I don't want to talk about it.

Oh.  Sorry.  image

Clubmate of mine was going for VLM GFA there.  Bugger.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

OK, I've calmed down a bit now.  I was so angry at myself yesterday.  I got all my preparation wrong which meant that I hadn't eaten or drank enough before the race so I was destined to fail.  The weather was just the nail in the coffin for me.

Winds strong enough that it was hard to stand up let alone trying to run. Horizontal rain and no shelter from it anywhere.  I've ran in worse so the weather alone wouldn't have been a factor for me, but it would generally destroy anyones chance of a PB.

I've never seen St. Johns so busy.  Every ambulance has two of three people being treated and there were two people laying on the ground at the finish line.  I don't think anyone died, but there were lots of people being treated for hypothermia.