Options

Support Group 4

Comments

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
  • Options

Afternoon lovelies! Just popping in to give a bit of a wave image

Supporters - let me know if you need anything, and PM me if you'd like my mobile number for any just in case scenarios on Sunday.

5 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image 

• Options

Hi everyone,

My name is Joyce and Sister Bad Habit sent me here!

I am running the VLM for the first time this Sunday and these are my details:

Name: Joyce

Race no: 54015

Vest top: Lime green Docklands Settlements with my name printed in front

Estimated time at Mile 17: Between 12:35 and 12:45 (hoping to manage steady 10min miles)

Special requests: None - except a few Jellybabies and SIS GO Orange flavoured gels!

I will be going to the Expo on Wednesday evening so see you around!

• Options
    Waves at Joyce image
  • Options
    Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Quite happy we aren't due a heatwave this Sunday:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-London-UKXX0085

Happy resting!
  • Options

Hello all

Ooohhhhh....getting excited now...please don't get me now lurgies!

• Options

Checking after marathon 1 in Brighton, happy to get round in 3.51..although the wind burn/sunburn face is glowing.

Roll on sunday.

• Options
  • Options
    Amazing time FF, I'd be over the moon if I could do a time like that this weekend!
  • Options

Well done FF!

If I could finish under 04:30 on Sunday, I'd be soooo happy.

Just did a 10k last weekend in 52:13 so according to the good old Runners World Race predictor, 04:30 is realistic. But we all know anything can happen in the marathon. Just hoping to go out there and run a good, strong, consistent race and enjoy myself.

2nd marathon up on 13th May so hoping Sunday will be a massive confidence boost!

• Options

morning all!!

New PB from brighton for me 4.43 image not including the trip to st john tent for a twisted knee... watch out for bottles/water pouches on sunday everyone.. especially new fangled ones which aren't meant to cause slips!!

*******waves to soupy********

can't wait to be on the over side of the fence come sunday!!

will be making our umber 4 banner tomorrow so will post a piccy up tomorrow evening so you all know what your looking for!!

• Options

oh and can I just share this little thought that I saw on a banner at Brighton at about mile 6...

Your feet are only hurting, because your kicking so much butt!!!

Remember that one on Sunday guys!!

• Options

Well done VikW, looking forward to seeing that banner at mile 17 and thinking 'right final third to go!'

I'm having an amazing day! The sun is shining, I've reached my £1500 fundraising target and I've just got a promotion in work!

Hope everyone elses day is going as well as mine!!!!

• Options

Fantastic performance at Brighton VikW. Many congratulations! image

Okay lovely runners, the clock is ticking downwards. Have you all got your race kit sorted? How many have we got in fancy dress?

James - thats a great day. wow!

• Options

Hello all

VikW - congratulation, a great PB!

FF - a great run from you too, well done.

James - what a fab day!

Soupy - thought I had my kit sorted...but not sure about the weather!

• Options

Well done FF and Vik, those are amazing times!

I finished in 5hrs 14mins, slower than I wanted but I'll take it and be grateful for it! I wasted around 15 mins in the first half in a queue for the portaloos, and another 15 minutes in the second half having a freakout between Mile 16 - 18 when I got hamstring cramp.

Luckily I saw 3 groups of friends between Mile 18 and 19, I pulled myself together and ran my fastest 5 miles of the race between 19 and 24. After 24, I had a really clear view of the Piers so just fixed my eyes on that and pushed onwards no matter how much it hurt. Can't describe the feelings of elation when I crossed the finish line - I've never felt so awful and so amazing in such a short space of time! There were tears!

I would be in danger of post-marathon blues if I didn't have Support Crew duties to throw myself into, so thank you all image Vik, I'm really looking foward to seeing the poster - let me know if you need me to do anything else too.

Take care everyone and remember this week is National Bread Week - must be in honour of your carb-loading, eh? image

• Options
    brilliant day then James- hope you enjoy celebrating and your good fortune continues til Sunday!

thanks guys -FF my super mentor had a big part to play in my pb!

I'm off to check the weather for Sunday
  • Options

Also guys, I can't stress enough - PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR SHIRT.

There is nothing like the feeling of people cheering YOU and calling our YOUR NAME when you are at your lowest ebb, and when you are feeling good it still makes you feel like a rock star.

Even if you don't have iron on letters, just write it in black marker or pin an extra bit of paper to your race number. It's so worth it!

• Options

James, congratulations!!!!

VikW - congrats on the PB!!

Xine - thanks for the tip. I have my name in great big black letters image

• Options
    VikW and Xine267 - top running, well done ladies!
    How are you guys feeling today, have the DOMS kicked in yet?
  • Options

I will second that what xine267 says.

I did VLM last year with my name on and the boost you got from people shouting your name is well worth the effort.

Did Birmingham half with same top and stil got the support

• Options

Thanks Iron Pingu!

The DOMS was far worse yesterday - I was shuffling around like Pingu (cartoon not you image ) but I had a fab sports massage and today feel MUCH better apart from a bit of residual stiffness in my calves and glute med. I'm a bit worried that as I start to forget the pain, I'll be tempted to do something silly like sign up for a marathon in October this year! image

• Options

Here's where you'll see us on the day. At about 16 and three quarter miles there's a sharp left turn at the Lord Nelson pub, and you start to head back towards the towers of Canary Wharf. We're a few hundred meters up the road. Last year we were on the right hand side - in the picture, if you can see the pelican crossing, we were just before there. Of course, there will be banners, balloons, and people bouncing up and down on the day image.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/13234/Gallery/Mudchute_4.JPG

• Options
    Xine - well done, I would be happy with that! Hope the DOMS dissappear soon!
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

Here's where you'll see us on the day. At about 16 and three quarter miles there's a sharp left turn at the Lord Nelson pub, and you start to head back towards the towers of Canary Wharf. We're a few hundred meters up the road. Last year we were on the right hand side - in the picture, if you can see the pelican crossing, we were just before there. Of course, there will be banners, balloons, and people bouncing up and down on the day image.

And I managed to run straight past...all I heard was someone shouting encouragement at the pacer and it was too late by then.

Looking forward to seeing you there RR!

• Options
    got to walk all the way from Azda were we've got permission to park in disabled parking
  • Options
    Hello lovelies!
    Just checking in as Ive been a bit quiet this week. Well done to all who ram brighton! Some brilliant times you should all be really proud of.

Nerves are terrible - can't believe it's nearly here! I can't wait to see you all though image
  • Options

Morning all

Mick - If you are still there when I finally arrive at mile 17, I will be looking for hugs!

Nikki - this is my fourth London mara - still nervous!

• Options

if we make it to Mudchute

i'll be in need of hugs full stop