Team GB Olympic kit

Comments

• I didn't recognise Cram when I saw that pic last night Phil.  He's worn well over the years but he looks like a child in that pic.  I suppose he was barely an adult at the time.

I always thought that shoes were down to the individual athlete.  We all know that we have individual requirements on that score plus each athlete will have a deal with the shoe manufacturer.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Actually if you're Nike/Adidas/Saucony/Sidi/Shimano/Mizuno/Salomon... you probably don't need much arm-twisting to be persuaded to knock out a quick "Limited Edition" Olympic pair of whatevers in red.  And as we all know, red is the fastest colour.  Maybe she knows what she's on about after all.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'm not the greatest fan of the kit but I also can't suggest anything better that's "new". I personally like Atlanta 1996 outfit.

I think the red shoes appear like an "afterthought". Something that they felt they "had" to put on to appease people. Looks stupid to me.

• The red shoes are interesting due to the on going row about wearing shoes on the podium....

Shoes are listed as technical kit, and therefore athletes don't have to wear adidas shoes during their event, But they are to wear the adidas supplied shoes for podium ceremonies.

Several potential medal winners, Mark Cavandish, Mo Farah, and even the Sainted Paula are under contract to ther manufactureres and have said they wont wear adidas shoes on the podium..

.. Will be blindingly obvious if Cav wears his green Nikes instead of red adidas when he collects his medal

• http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59239000/jpg/_59239991_team_gb_straight_getty.jpg

I think it looks better with the bright blue that the gymnast (Lewis Smith?) is wearing.

• Ennis could wear a burlap sack and look a stunner.

Reasonable looking kit, now they need to get their heads down, concentrate and stop f'king around with media shoots, and do firstly, themselves proud, then the country proud.
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

To be fair what the gymnast is wearing looks like a pair of Ron Hill tracksters (maybe Ron Hill should have be asked to design)

• Alot  of hot air on this subject.

Bit more red would have been better, but looks quite smart - plus a big GREAT BRITAIN on the front helps to identify the country image

I came across some of the Stella McCartney Adidas stuff in Selfridges once. What a load of cack! that would definitely be worth moaning about..

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    I can't say that I am a fan of Adidas stuff at the best of times.
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Several potential medal winners, Mark Cavandish, Mo Farah, and even the Sainted Paula are under contract to ther manufactureres and have said they wont wear adidas shoes on the podium..

There might be a few folk collecting their medals with bare feet, then!
  • I think it's awful, looks as though it was designed for B + W tv, dog-awful, washed out colours.

And for whoever was asking:

Beach Volley ball kit, in there somewhere 

Think BBC had Iwan Thomas on this morning, clearly pretending that he liked the kit, though he made the point that when you're on the starting line, the last thing going through your mind is "Does my bum look big in this". 

And as for that pink / purple monstrosity that the volunteers have to wear . . .

• Can't....take...the...x-factor....signia...seriously.....perhaps jedward's recent "run" at the LA marathon offered a last minute muse for stella....

...scots are clearly thrilled with the blue...never seen Mr Murray look so comfortable in GB 'colours' before....image

...and is jess ennis' kit been mixed up with the beach volleyball team...not complaining but still.....

• Jeepers  wrote (see)

Beach Volley ball kit, in there somewhere 

. .

Yup, it appears they have the Union Jack on their arse!
  • Beach volleyball appears to be the only kit with a traditional Union Jack, maybe all the girls should wear it.
  • I had little a look at some comments on a BBC blog.  One Scot kindly pointed out that England isn't the only country represented on the union flag in response to someone from England commenting about the lack of red.  They didn't seem to care that Scotland is the only nation represented by the blue (and the English are accused of arrogance), never mind the people of NI or England.  I'm sure the Welsh are pretty ambivalent as their flag doesn't even make it on to the union flag.
  • Not sure that the Union Flag on the arse is very respectful
  • I don't take the (over) use of blue as having any particular national significance, I just can't understand why she's messed around with the flag - what's the point?

She was asked this yesterday and her excuse was apparently there's going to be so much white, red and blue / traditional flags and colourways around everywhere that dropping the red on the kit would make it stand out more.

• Oh, and the comments on that Telegraph article suggesting that the make up of the flag is wrong by including the Cross of St Patrick.  Quite shocking really.

I think my earlier remark about our brains playing tricks on us is more relevant than I originally thought.  I don't think the Scots should be too pleased either as the blues have been messed around with so the Cross of St David isn't accurately depicted either.  The lack of red just creates the illusion of it being pro Scots when in actual fact all nations can be outraged together.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

... I don't think the Scots should be too pleased either as the blues have been messed around with so the Cross of St David isn't accurately depicted either.  ...

The Scottish flag has the cross of St Andrew, I think?

• D'oh!  Of course - my name sake too.  Back of the class for me image
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

My birthday is St Andrew's day image

• More red than any Olympics kit since 1984, and at least it has a flag which is more than the Beijing or Athens kits did.

Stop winging and start supporting ... I for one love it!

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    nick Holmes 5 wrote (see)

More red than any Olympics kit since 1984, and at least it has a flag which is more than the Beijing or Athens kits did.

So Nick, you don't happen to be THE "Nick Holmes, Go-to-Market Manager, London 2012,  addidas group"??

Just wondering.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of that grey shite kit the England football team wore a few years ago. Bloody awful.
  • I was perusing jess ennis's kit and I observed the Adidas logo is quite a bit bigger than the "Team GB" logo.

Which probably tells quite a story in itself.
  • nick Holmes 5 wrote (see)

Erm, I think that you mean "whinging".  Subtle difference.

And, just a hint, but if you are THE Nick Holmes, Go-to-Market Manager, blah, blah, blah, then it's not really a very good idea to use your own name on the forum. *whispers* The thing is, people might just not take your post too seriously.

Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    I was perusing jess ennis's kit and I observed the Adidas logo is quite a bit bigger than the "Team GB" logo.

JB - Glad to see that you are taking your role as Kit Inspector in earnest.  It must have required some very "up close and personal inspection" to work that out - a sign of true dedication.

• im pretty sure there is no such place as great britain
  • How's tricks Dude?  Nice to see you, to see you nice.