VLM 2012 - Injury recovery and how far to run now

Hi

I have had a problem with my soleus muscle for almost 3 weeks. Through rest, deep tissue massage and physio treatment I have just managed my first run with no problems at all - a very relieved 5 miles on the treadmill.

Given how close the London Marathon is I am wondering how to manage my training in the next 2 and a half weeks. I got up to 18 miles a month ago with a few 15 miles runs as well - since the injury I have been cross training, swimming and using the bike to stay fit so I feel good, fit and healthy.

I will start to increase my mileage slowly but my question is, should I build up steadily to another long run (15, 18 or even 20 miles) between now and the race, assuming my body feels good and no further issues with the injury? If so, how close could be too close in terms of timing ie how many days before would risk leaving me too tired? I don't expect a scientific answer but wondered what peoples opinions were on this please.

I don't think I really need to taper as much as would have ordinarily been the case, given I have not done any running for 3 weeks. This is my first marathon and all training has gone well given my initial target of 3hrs 45 mins.

Any advice appreciated please.

Thanks

Liam