Humdrum heaven

Comments

• but Nykie - this is the perfect place to dicuss such wonderous things. Embrace the humdrumness of the bread maker. 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

My neighbours like talking about bread all the time.

They're Hovis Witnesses.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Keep em comin muttley!

There's even too much rain for the cubs duck race today. I reckon forget the stream we could just let em race down the village high street?

Feel sorry for my friends doing the local stratford marathon today!

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I'm on a roll ... on a roll, geddit ... oh please yourself missus.

Bracknell Half Marathon today. Jeez, the conditions were foul. Pissed down all night and still doing so, gusty wind, freezing cold, loads of standing water. I did wonder if it would go ahead but it did, and major thanks to the marshals and officials. Did I say it was pissing down?

Was going fairly well until mile 10, when my legs started stiffening up. I think because of the cold, they're warming up now and no sign of injury. So instead of 1:45 as hoped I ended up with 1:47. Oh well, not too shabby I suppose. How easy to drop the seconds and minutes, how hard to regain them.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    That's a respectable time. Not run a half in years, maybe I should give it a whirl?
  • Well done Muttley - on the HM not the jokes mind you. Nearly got turned inside out running along the prom in Bournemouth this morning, had to have some green tea from a big tin teapot to recover. Was there any sleeping at the sleepover mr f? And I'm wondering if the duck dined alone with the newly made bread from the breadmaker this morning, unhumdrum...

Feeling fluey so an afternoon curled up with my laptop responding to a tender which is due in at 9am tomorrow morning, with a basket of ironing chaser, mmm mmm.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Green tea, love it. What's your preferred flavour/brand? Mighty good for you too!
    Not a.huge amount of sleeping I'm afraid, and took all 5 kids swimming this morning too! Two friends now gone which leaves 5 of us watching 102 Dalmations on dvd with a big black panther asleep on my lap!
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Mmmm. Green tea. Tetleys green tea with honey/lemon/blueberry do the business at Muttley Mansions. Prefer a cup of proper builder's tea as first choice but the aforementioned green confections are a close second.

But never green tea on its own. Ick. Phooey.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    I like mine with either spearmint or lemongrass. I agree that on its own makes me shake its that bitter!
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Lemongrass sounds good.

Well, I do not often lower myself into a steaming tub - being a 3-minute shower kinda chap - but I made an exception today. My legs are restored to something resembling sensation. Currently quaffing the third cuppa in quick succession. And I sense a nap on the sofa coming on. Now there's humdrum.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

very jealous!

currently searching the event listings to get myself booked in for something.... need an event to focus myself on. Anyone got anthing they are aiming for for the rest of the year?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done on the half Muttley image

Erm, I have a half in August, that's about it!

• Clipper green tea with lemon, or the Dragonfly (I think) with jasmine. I'm proper hardcore and that, I can take it on its own too.

12 marathons or ultras for me this year is the goal, North Dorset Villages marathon next Sunday, then 33 miles in Marlborough the Saturday after. Ouch. I might have a nap too just thinking about it,

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/Coast2CoastMultisport#!/Coast2CoastMultisport

This is what I want to do later in the year, assuming it actually goes ahead!

My ultimate aim is 100 marathons/ultras Kate1

Sounds like your on fora monster year!!!!image

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Wow Kate, I need a nap reading that!  image
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Now, that was what I call a nap. Spark out for a good hour. With a cuppa on the go, I feel refreshed.

Next race is a 10K in Shinfield next Monday, bank holiday. The plan is to do one event a month. And only ones that give medals. So June is the Midsummer Munroe at Box Hill (billed as the UK's hardest half and probably right), July is the Down Tow Up Flow from Windsor to Marlow. August not decided yet but could well be the Burnham Beeches Half. Straying into KateF territory here, but September could be the Atlantic Coast Challenge - three marathons in three days along the coastal path to Lands End. That's my homeland and I've done this one before. It is epic. Not sure I have the legs for a genuine more-than-marathon ultra, tbh.

And I believe KateF's Dorset marathon might have an undulation or two on the course.

• Correctly there is a lump or two, but nowhere near as many as the Munro.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Theres an odd looking round yellow thing in the sky this morning, any ideas?
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Not sure mr f but I can see it too!

• Ugh...too busy to fill in my humdrum weekend - catch you all later xx
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I love my breadmaker too!

I used to have a Morphy Richards, which was great.  It died, after several years' use, and I've got my Squeeze's Kenwood now but I prefered the MR.

I've used it for naans, pizza dough, also use it for the first stage of making pasta image

I'm hungry now image

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Hungry? You should try smelling the oat and chocolate orange muffins that are baking in my oven! I could easily scoff ten of them!
  • Save one for me mr f, they sound yummy.

I can see the bright shiny thing in the sky too...maybe it's the end of the world? That wouldn't be humdrum, so let's hope not.

i think green tea tastes really fishy (bad fishy). Ick.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Fishy? Never thought that before! Certainly an aquired taste though.

Make the most of the weather folks!
  • I wouldn't be surprised if it was just me that thought that mr F, I also think that hyacinths smell of cat pee! Can't understand why anyone would want them in the house.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    flowers in the house just make me sneeze. At least thats my excuse to Mrs F!!!! image
  • ugh...cannot stand green tea, smells and tastes like the water in an ashtray of roll ups. Vile, horrible stuff. The gf loves it, she has a mint/green tea blend. But then she also like roobois with vanilla. Also vile.

I'm suffering a caffeine headache due to not enough tea. Ow. Humph...

Speaking of sneezing, I haven't stopped sneezing today mr f - there is fluffy stuff floating around but I'd have though it was too damp for hayfever type floaty things?? aaaachoo!

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

theres all different types mima, i often start suffering from the end of march. but flowers are a real no no!

Just going to stick the kettle on for a nice mug of ashtray ends! hmmmmmm

• Bums...hayfever it is then. where did I put the claritin? Hmmm.

I think I'll have another cup of tea...in a vague effort to top up my stimulant levels before doing the work recycling...I will reply mr f....promise!!

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Fishy? Never thought that before! Certainly an aquired taste though.

Make the most of the weather folks!