Humdrum heaven

1151617181921»

Comments

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Il take a look!

Hope the big bosses visit is going well!
  • They have gone! Yippee! Voldemort is back on Monday though...and I have to be a meeting with it too. Humph.

Might have to watch a bit of HP tonight having mentioned Volde. :P

• It sounds a bit complicated to me, I might just buy a jar from the supermarket!

Yes it seems to be shin splints, but it's been going on for aaaaages now. So annoying. I think there's one particular move in my body combat classes that's making it worse but it's difficult to avoid... image

• Gosh you humdrummers have been chatty to day, I've been specifying minute detail on furniture and on site (alas, nearly finished so no hard hats and high viz), super humdrummity. Loving the paper tache idea, a new style for 30 days?

Crunchy peanut butter is where it is at, smooth is pointless. No exercise today as another race on Saturday so must rest/taper which I find very dull, so may attack the ironing with some real gusto. Have a humdrum eveing all.

• I have decided I don't like Quorn "chicken" pieces anymore...not after I know how real chicken tastes. I'm a rubbish (almost) vegetarian. sod it.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Duck with hoi sin sauce is far tastier image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Roundy, what shoes are you wearing for your Combat classes?  Only reason I ask is that I used to wear my running shoes and it distroyed them as well as my legs.  Running shoes are designed for forward/back movement and not for the sideways stuff you do in Combat.  You need standard gym shoes for that.

• Don't forget the butter in the lemon curd....I've got a couple of decent recipes if anyone wants one. I've found that after a few goes I got much quicker at making it so the whole arm falling off thing is less of an issue.

River Cafe do a very good baked lemon curd tart which I have the recipe for somewhere too.

• Ooh yes please Mingo...to both recipes please! Sounds yummy!

• Morning all

tis a bit wet this morning - I must be the only duck not to like the rain...

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Muggy and overcast here in sunny Reading today - one of those days when the rain doesn't fall out of the sky but instead hangs in the air.

A day off today so have bimbled around town. Dropped into Primark (frightfully common, but then I do see myself as part of the impoverished gentry) and acquired two pairs of trousers, which I shall try on later. Since you ask, waist 29 and leg 34 ... I think that's the right way round ...

And after all that excitement, time for a power nap on the sofa.

• This is where I get in trouble off SuperCaz... I'm currently wearing my old runners (Nike Lunarglide) for Body Combat and Pump. Others I've spoken to prefer Nike Air Max for classes so I want to  get some of those to try but I'm broke and my job (my real job!) is at risk so I can't justify the expense. It is the running man knees that do my shins in though, and these are not a lateral movement. I think it's just the impact/ slight twisting motion.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Roundy, I'm not telling you off.  It's your body and your budget which you have to manage as you see fit.  I was just sharing experiences.  I got a lot of shin splints and knee pain when I did Combat and Tai Chi in running shoes - not usually when I was doing the classes, but afterwards and sometimes when I ran.

Pump should be fine in old running shoes as it is lower impact generally so the shoes are less important.

• Haha, thanks. I know you're not telling me off, not in a bad way image I do feel like I should be setting a better example though, by wearing the right equipment. Just gotta get through combat tonight then no more classes till next Tuesday as I'm away for the weekend. Just a humdrum trip to see the family image

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

evening ladies and gents!

Been stuck in a classroom all day today, my god isnt it tiring being sat on your arse being talked at?

In slight contrast to that just entered the 85 mile Ridgeway ultra marathon for August! yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!image

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Yikes, that's a long way mr f image

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Wow isn't it quiet!!

How are we all?
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm not humdrum at the moment so haven't had anything to post.  In fact life seems to be either fantastic, or awful.  Real rollercoster at the moment.

• Is sunburn humdrum? I have it...even if its not. Ow.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Can't beat the British weather, floods and sunburn in the same week!
  • sunburn is calming down...I should buy stocks in Boots moisturiser.