Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Have too find myself a XC bike only got my downhill bike still and sod pedalling that near anything that resembles a hill going up..... Ironcat I think you should do the joker sportive in Salisbury, reason for this is that I'm doing it.... Come on its only 150kimage also doing a 16 miler road race tommoro.... Not tapered for this so should be interesting ...
  • Ah.....nothanks image That is way too far for me to cycle this year. I may get up to 40km race-wise.

• After taking wed and Thursday off (due to work) I managed to get a QC session on Friday, bootcamp yesterday and planning an hour run today... Have the rest of the week planned with next rest day planned for Easter Sunday (when lent will end and will be finally able to enjoy a glass of bubbly!).

Fraggles, keep resting and don't go back too soon
  • Morning team

Bit icey out there this morning in these parts .. take it easy if you ae venturing out, failing that have another coffee and wait a while    image

• Morning M...eldy. Not too bad in Bristol, just very cold. Will be going out running later hoping to see some sun. Have a good sess!
  • It is bloody baltic here.  

M...eldy wrote (see)

Morning team

Bit icey out there this morning in these parts .. take it easy if you ae venturing out, failing that have another coffee and wait a while    image

image That's my mentor, that is image

• i'm not going out today, not worth having a slip. I'll be replacing my long run with another turbo session. Hope it melts soon
  • Morning all.

Chilly in Norfolk but roads were nice and clear when i dropped the wife off at work this morning.

So

1 hour swim, 30 min bike & a cheeky 2 hr 45 min run (calf permitting)

& i'm not looking forward to doing any of it image
  • Bah! Flew back into the UK this morning - a half hour flight and a temperature drop of 14 degrees. At least we seem to be snowless.

Good luck to anyone going outside today. I have a date with the rollers and Skyfall (which I've yet to see) and perhaps a recovery swim thereafter.
  • Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

It is bloody baltic here.  

M...eldy wrote (see)

Morning team

image That's my mentor, that is image

Ahaa .. ever heard of the saying 'do as I say, not as I do'  !!

• Swim done. Bike and run to go image

Changed the spelling of Sossige, just for Melds image
  • Am at the pool at Crawley waiting for no2 sons competition, phew it's like a sauna in here *melts*
  • 1:30 XC running. Ankle deep mud and icy puddles. image

• Wanna swap Cat ?
  • Too snowy in Coventry, having a rest day, I feel that by watching the xcountry on BBC2 I'm there in spirit image

• Need a run, roads too icy ... so I see lots of mud in my future!

• Very snowy here but managed a turbo/run brick. Fortunately there wasn't too much ice so not too slippy underfoot.

I've posted an update on my Ironman blog.

http://chasethepotato.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/dodge-duck-dip-dive-and-dodge/

• Run delayed, bike chain snapped. Thankfully i was only 5 minutes from home. Just cost me ??26 though.
  • I started a jounrey, that may lead to IronMna in 2014 or 2016 myself. I have odne a couple of short ocurse events and hav this perverse desire to go full distance!

Been doing some running over winter but not enouhg in last few weeks. 

Got myself going enough to do a turbo session yesterdya and actually felt ok, so planned a run this am (whihc i did) thouhg only a short one to allow for afternoon turbo....but have come down with light man flu...runny nose and feel 'heady'....typical!

Am still toying wiht a turbo session but i suspect it will leave me feeling worse, especailly tomorrow so may use dsicretion to have 48 hrs off before the start, starts again.

• IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

1:30 XC running. Ankle deep mud and icy puddles. image

I watched the Worls XC Cahmps - does that count??

• Hour's run and half hour 100+ rpm on turbo.  Rest day tomorrow!

• Have just spent 40 mins on the turbo getting sweaty with Daniel Craig image  it's amazing how a bit of eye candy can make time fly by image  Big gear, low reistance easy spinning stuff and not getting too out of breath - so fingers crossed it doesn't set me back and I can start a slowly-slowly road to recovery.

Diving comp went well for No2 son; he's just moved up to the 12-13 age group, and came 6th in the SE regional comp, and he's qualified to go to the National finals in May, so he's well chuffed image

• well done on the spin fraggle, good to hear you are getting better

and massive well done to your boyimage

• thanks Mathschick image

(i still reserve judgement on the 'getting better' part!)

• Evening Brandon and welcome to the madhouse!

and evening to the rest of you

Glad the steam therapy worked Fraggle!   40 mins with Daniel Craig would never be enough I am afraid   image

• Brandon Lewis wrote (see)

I started a jounrey, that may lead to IronMna in 2014 or 2016 myself.

Welcome Brandon.

So which 2014 Ironman are you going to sign up for?  image

The Anglian down my way has places. Budgie on here is doing that one as well

• Weekly update folks. Ended up running through a woodland battle again today image

http://clearseaz-timetogetfit.blogspot.co.uk/

• SossigeDog wrote (see)
    Brandon Lewis wrote (see)

I started a jounrey, that may lead to IronMna in 2014 or 2016 myself.

Welcome Brandon.

So which 2014 Ironman are you going to sign up for?  image

The Anglian down my way has places. Budgie on here is doing that one as well

Sossige sossige sossige ... you know how it goes, no one gets a choice on their first  image

• Melds - I think I may have a few hot dates with the lovely Daniel this week image

• How very lovely    image