Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Greetings from sunny India image

sure you will be back on top form soon Nursey. I think all of us have earnt a good break after this years achievements.

good news on the injury BossHolgs

Work over here is long days and very tiring. My hours are 12:30pm - 9:30pm. By the time ive got back to the hotel & had some dinner its nearly 10:30pm, so a bit of catching up with the family then bed.

ive not gone out for a run yet as im trying to work out the best route where i dont have to run on the road. The driving is crazy. That being said ive used the gym and pool for 30 minutes in the morning. First time ive swam without a wetsuit in a few months, found that hard work.

Anyway, now off for an evening at Hard Rock cafe Pune. Eat some solid food that will hopefully make me solid again image

take care.

• just caught up with the thread

SD - hope things are going well in India

NR - I found my running really improved when I was training for a marathon, getting the longer distances in really improved my 10k time for example. Then  I went and hurt my knee - so make sure you build up slowly and carefully. Having said that, I think it was walking down a really steep mountain in Switzerland that hurt my knee but then the running agggravated it, rather than it being a running injury.

To help with the running work on your core and glutes. 

• Since I already have ripped abs and buns of steel, I reckon I'll have this running malarkey nailed in no time 

• 20 min treadmill run & 300m swim this morning. Body clock nearly back on track so managed to wake up by 8:30am today. 

Hoping to go out for my first road run in Pune tomorrow.

Great results for Trianglia at the ITU this weekend.

Two Tri-Anglians on the men's 35-39 podium for the Olympic distance at the world champs - gold for Matt Ellis, bronze for Iain Robertson.

• Great results indeed from your clubmates, SD

Rediscovering my running mojo has had to be put on hold as my back has other ideas. Am currently unable to stand up straight and can only lie down if in the foetal position. Luckily, it was hubby's birthday on Friday so some new bottles of malt have appeared, which should help to ease the pain

• 5k run sat, 1 mile swim Sunday, 13.3 Miruns low run today, beats my previous 9 milers. Legs are sore but 3 hr ride in the morn.

watched Tob in Kendal today, great finish image 

• 3hrs on the bike, bleeding windy up north! 

• Did a 2 mile run round Pune at 8:30 this morning, still really hot. Wont be doing it again unless i can get up earlier. 

It did provide some early morning entertainment for the locals though, seeing a white boy in orange trianglia vest running up the road. image

• Good update SD. I wasn't in to running when I was in India some years ago with work.

Probably just aswell. I was either in the bar, at work or on the toilet. It wasn't the best experience. I also didn't see any of India other than what went past in the taxi. Good for you for getting out there and doing it.

You should message GoldenBoots. He is also in India for a few more weeks; unsure where though.

3hrs midweek Gaz?

• Sounds entertaining SD image !

• Im being good cat, restricting bars to Friday & Saturday. Spent a lot of the first week on the toilet, things have settled down now though image

• Been to see the doc this morning - a sick line for work and a cocktail of drugs image  So no running or biking for me for a wee while. I may manage some time in the pool but I have to drive to get there, which is one of the (many) things my back is objecting to. 

• Haha, talking about poo isnt taboo here mate, lol.

• Bit bloody quiet around here lately.

Well, after 10 days of forced inactivity I managed a whole 20 minutes in the pool this morning.  It wasn't pretty, but it's done my head a lot of good even if my body isn't so sure!

I was doing some exercises for my back this morning when I felt and heard a 'click'.  No idea what's moved, but I can now stand up straight image

• Nursey, hope the back's feeling better soon.  

• Cheers Scribe, seems to be on the mend.  I have drugs and malt whisky, so I'll be just fine image

• Yes it has gone quiet - I think we're all knackered after our various IM shenanigans.

I'm either coming down with a cold (most likely) or having a severe reaction to the cholrine in the pool last night as my sinuses are on fire and I've got a sore throat *sniffle* image

can I have some of the drugs and whisky Nursey, kill or cure 'n'all that imageimage

• On the sickie front, I have a very snotty pregnant OH and an even worse toddler. Thankfully I seem to be ok although given I seem to be handling half of my body weight in damp tissues, it can't last.

On the training front, yesterday I started the build towards IM Copenhagen. Fun times!

• 1hr 20 with run club tonight, 20 mins warm up, 30 mins of climb up a 30% hill and jig 400m to recover then 20 mins back..

fubar but managed one more rep than last week 

• Morning All,

Sorry not about much, this time of year is manic at work with the new student intake. Hope everyone is well and training good.

I had my longest run since injury with a steady 5 miler yesterday, felt great. Really enjoying training at the moment with no pressure and no short term goal image

• managed my longest sim ver.

3.8km in 1hr39 ( 50m not registered and 7mins of waiting )

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/381904014

thats me able to make it through the easy part and out onto the bike inside cutoff.

chuffed actuallly. not bad for a fat lad? who hadnt swum in 20yrs this time las year.

lots too do - getting to 112miles in one go on a bike is going to take a while.

ready to repair the treadmill deck over the weeknd and aiming at the aquathon event in november as my anniversary race .... aiming to complete this time without mangaling my ankle this time.

• Good swimming Sgt

Went for a wee run yesterday to see whether my back was up to training again,  and it went ok. Still a bit stiff (and far too slow) but feels good to have done it.  Thought I'd try the bike today.  Only did 9 miles, but my back was not very happy at all for the last couple.  Feels ok again now that I've stopped.  I think I'll leave the bike for the  rest of this week and try getting back in the saddle after the weekend.

I'm going clay pigeon shooting on Saturday for the first time, and it's something I've wanted to try for years.  Other than getting shot, I wonder what bizarre injuries I could pick up?

• Just had a text from Gastank - he's 100 mile from Barcelona, already to pop his Ironman cherry this weekend! image

• Been for a swim (1k), no niggles from my back and I feel invigorated.  Bloody marvellous image

• Go, go, Gastank image  Hope he remembered to pack the Baconlube

• Yay hope Gas has a good one, have visions of him being followed everywhere by erstwhile science types trying to check they got all the prep right.

• imageimageimage Go on Gastank. image Where the hell has he been missed him on the threads a little. Raf do you have his number? if he's ok with it would like to follow him on the tinternet if I can (being chased by zombie's this weekend so not sure how much internet time will have). Already am for a some mates and there is someone from anouther thread doing it as well.

• Evening all. still away hence the lack of updates.

my first event since IM coming up on Sunday. Pune 5k charity run image 

5 weeks left till i return to the UK, back to some form of normality untIll I lose my job at the end of the year, at least i'll get to ride my bike again image