Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

Comments

• SB, 2000th post, well done from America !

Tempted by the wall, will sit down and work out my 2013 running plan in the next 2 weeks. I have a place for Wokingham Half and Reading Half. will race Wokingham Half as i am training / pacing my.sister for her 1st half. Also i have a place for London, but would love to accept a 26.2 Paris spot!!

Its snowing here !

FH
  • List

18.05.13 Cape Wrath mara - SB and oscarr

22/23.06.13 The Wall - SB and oscarr

09.03.12 Grindleford Gallop - MCS and Oscarr

23.03.12 Coniston 14 mcs, oscarr and Reiki and maybe Choisty to win it????image

• Morning!

We'll be at Consiton too mcs - how could I forget that LOLOL

More strength work and an easy run today then massage tomorrow to ease the ensuing DOMS ready for the weekend.

Are you ever coming back FH? image

• Anthony - great to see you at the track last night

Two more races for me;

22-25 nov 2012 - Cyprus Int Challenge

17 feb - Bramley 20m

Gorgeous morning here.
  • Hi all I'm on a training course in combat techniques, totally awful.

SB how does that pace you mentioned translate, or compare with, say, MP?

Hoping to run home after I get beaten up a few more times.

I now have a race list for the VLM build up, should I post if here?

This weekend will just be doing a Park Run (hopefully)

Have been doing the glute medius exercises for the right side since Monday, and u swear they have eased my hip already. Also had astonishing massage on Tuesday.

Hi Matt!
  • Hey Reiki - hope you're giving as good as you get!  You need to be able to keep yourself safe out there!

MEP (most efficient pace) is roughly about MP, MAP (mostly aerobic pace is just slightly slower - I spose ultra-ish pace as I have to walk sometimes to keep my pulse down) and SAP (speedy anaerobic pace) is 10k ish for me.  It's just another system for making sure you develop all round fitness really but with the emphasis on longer races.

Yes please - what ya got planned?

Astonishing?  Am intrigued - is that good or bad?

Still in one piece after my TRX session - did more upper body stuff today (cos I warned him I have a run on Sunday so I'd like to be able to walk LOL).  I was totally rubbish at suspended push ups but that's the whole point I guess - my yoga is certainly benefiting - am getting loads better at that!

• Legs a bit tight this morning - we did sprinting session at track last night which is first time for quite a few weeks the legs have gone that quick - 3 sets of 100 fast 100 rec 200 fast 200 rec 300 same 400 same. Just started Brain Training book and if he's right then last nights session should be done a lot more in base phase so will keep that in mind over the winter xc season - supplementing with weights and cond exs as well - bring it on!!!
  • SB thanks for explaining - must say that if we are in normal speak Marathon Pace would not be my MEP, I'm sure I'm loads more foreverish considerably slower, 60 or 90 secs slower that is.

Astonishing massage is delivered by this guy I just discovered and who is two streets from my HOUSE! He gets toally stuck in to glutes every time, and targets problems rather than doing a once over like most. 

So far I'm finding this very effective.  He doesn't hold back, but I can trust that it's not actual damage he's doing, more the confidence that comes with experience. 

My sister just told me I'm having tui na tomorrow afternoon too, can't wait.

Races coming up...

• OK not counting the various XC Champs, SEAA etc, park runs, here's what I have signed up to so far :

02 Dec  Perivale 5

30 Dec  Buntingford 10

06 Jan  Tadworth 10

20 Jan  Fred Hughes 10

03 Feb  Watford Half

17 Feb  Brighton Half

03 Mar  Surrey Spitfire 20

10 Mar  Worthing 20 or MK Half or neither [the only 2 on the list I haven't entered yet]

17 Mar  Reading Half / Finchley 20 [date got changed]

23 Mar  Coniston 

31 Mar  Oakley 20

Any thoughts?  In particular, I'd like to know what you guys think for 10 and 17 March, bearing in mind that VLM is on 21 April. Finchley have offered a refund for changing dates on us.  

• Hi guys sorry for not posting I just havn't stopped traveling recently, still managed a race in UK Lordshill 10 last w/end in 57:05 so back on form at long last.  I will look though posts later as I just read the last couple of pages.  On races mine are:

Gosport HM in 10days
    Stubbington 10k Jan 20
    Bramley 20M (see you there Oscarr)
    Salisbury 10M March
    Eastliegh 10k March

VLM April 21ish

plus possibly

Gibbet
    Grindleford Gallop
    Wall

• Great for me to see Oscarr yesterday in training.
    My knees felt pretty stiff this morning having gone through the same session with lots of sprinting. I enjoy the 100m runs, I felt I was pretty fast image 
    As you may know I'm a big fan of parkrun. So much that I've decided to set up a junior parkrun in Reading. The snag is that I need to raise £3,000 and ensure there is a coach there each time and have a separate set of volunteers to the regular parkrun.
    I'm just starting to make enquiries as to what else I need to do, but it would be a good thing to do for the children in the community, including my own kids who don't enjoy running 5k, but don't mind the 2k of the junior (under 14) version.
    Re races entered - just Reading Half marathon for me at the moment. I'm considering running a XC event this weekend, but might be coming down with a cold at the moment - which could be related to the flu jab I had earlier this week.

• My racing calendar

17 Nov BBO XC champs Braywick

2 Dec Rd 2 Oxford Mail XC league

9 Dec Andy Reading 10k Bicester

5 Jan 13 Berks XC Champs Braywick (again)

6 Jan 13 Rd 3 Oxford Mail XC league

3 Feb Rd 4 Oxford Mail XC League

10 Feb 13 Wokingham HM (not booked yet)

17 Feb 13 Bramley 20m

3 Mar 13 Rd 5 (final) Oxford Mail XC League

24 Mar 13 Eastleigh 10k

15 Apr 13 Boston Marathon

Any thoughts on 10-17 Feb (consecutive w/e HM & 20 miles)?

• Mike/Reiki - great list of races and a full winter calendar for you both - thing is that they are all doable but not all at race pace and suggest you think about the ones you really want to blast it in and those that are closer to your main events that you may want to run at a slower pace in - this all sounds far too sensible doesn't it ??? image

• Bramley 20m on 17th Feb - it's Choisty, Mike and me at the moment, anyone else entered?

A flat, 2 lap country lane course with option to do 10 or 20.  Organised by Reading Roadrunners (so must be good image ).

• Reiki - I may join you at the Perivale 5 - are you definately doing it?

• Oscarr where do you get the idea it's flat, it is on the first lap but the hill at 16 miles is a killer

• Choisty, hills are only in the mind !
  • LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - your mind must be a very pretty place oscarr - is it like the Highlands in there??

Best add in the rest of mine then if we're not just listing maras:

xcs over the winter

Feb - Sleaford ½

March - Coniston

April - Lincoln10k + 25 mile Walk (read jog/walk) for All - Peaks

May - CTS Whitby 10k / Cape Wrath

June -  Da Wall!

November - Cyprus 4 day

Am hoping to build in some 10ks over the summer as and when I find out what's on!

• Crikey, do you lot do anything but race? image

My list is meagre:

Silverstone HM in March

Brighton or London Marathon in April (will probably defer London to 2014, they made me wait four years so it's only fair image).

I'm considering Bedford HM in December, Fred Hughes 10m in Jan, Watford HM in February, and other options depending on how the training vs injury situation progresses.

Talking of injury.... my knee was hurting yesterday after walking the kids to school image so I decided to ignore the pain and ran five easy miles on the treadmill.  About an hour after the run about 80% of the pain was gone, and it feels about 90% right now.  Today is a rest day, then I'll run 8-10 miles easy pace tomorrow.

Good luck with setting up your kids parkrun Anthony.  Have you approached your local council?  It sounds like the sort of thing that they could/should help with funding.... Olympic legacy and all that.

• Oscarr 

I am definite for Perivale, it's also part of our Road Race series [that I came 2nd in this past year and 1st Vet, it's the Clubcard of championships, where you get descending points for top ten finishes in each event, and sometimes less than 10 of us in it!]

Ten see you ate Fred, that would be brilliant too!

Wish I was doing Bramley now....looks like I'm going to drop Reading shock horror. 

• reikirabbit wrote (see)

Ten see you ate Fred...

Are you saying I'm a bit of a bloater? image

BTW I really enjoyed the Oakley 20, though I made the classic mistake of running it too fast.  I finished it in 3:15 feeling brilliant, then went on to do my marathon a few weeks later in 4:38 image  

• Back in the office after two days out!!!! Did an excel spread sheet with colours need to put it some where so you can access it, any suggestions? It is colour coded!!!Probably some errors let me know.......image

DATE Race   Participants                   17.11.12 BBO XC Champs Braywick Mike       22.11.12 Cyprus Challenge Oscarr         Sleaford Half SB       02.12.12 Oxford Mail XC Mike       02.12.12 Perivale 5 RR       09.12.12 Andy Reading 10K Mike       30.12.12 Buntingford RR       05.01.13 Berks XC Braywick Mike       06.01.13 Oxford Mail XC Mike       06.01.13 Tadworth 10 RR       20.01.13 Fred Hughes 10 RR       20.01.13 Stubbington 10K Choisty       03.02.13 Oxford Mail XC Mike       03.02.13 Watford Half RR       10.02.13 Wokingham HM Mike       17.02.13 Bramley 20miler Mike Oscarr Choisty   17.02.13 Brighton Half RR       03.03.13 Surrey Spitfire 20 RR         Silverstone Half Ten       09.03.13 Grindleford Gallop Mark Oscarr RR     Salisbury 10miler Choisty       13.03.13 Oxford Mail XC FINAL Mike       17.03.13 Reading Half RR       23.06.13 Coniston 14 Mark Oscarr SB RR 24.03.13 Easleigh 10K Mike Choisty     15.04.13 Boston Marathon  Mike         Lincoln 10K SB       21.04.13 VLM London Choisty Ten     18.05.13 Cape Wrath SB Oscarr       CTS Whitby 10K SB       22.06.13 THE WALL SB Oscarr                                 20.11.13 Cyprus Challenge SB                    
  • Well that looks rubbish.......much better on my screen.........image

• I am in awe mcs, Excel is a mystery to me and quite annoying the way it makes you start again if you want to correct something in a box.

Ten I hope to see you ate Watford too, Fred is a mere snack.

Hour on the bike for me thus morning with HITS every ten mins, 37K in total.

Did some of the Glute Med exercises before I left, the ones requiring a big yoga ball, right hip is responding, but left knee protesting.

Ended up jogging down the road to ensure early arrival at Kings Cross, looking forward to seeing my sis and her 3 boys, not to mention the tui na, which she tells me is fully clothed, so that's not what I had before then!!
  • Hehe mcs.  Looks like the detail is there though.  

I'm more likely to run Brighton (14/4) than London, though I have the choice having paid for both.  London is my reserve for 2013, with the intention of being my 2014 target.

• reikirabbit wrote (see)
    ...not to mention the tui na, which she tells me is fully clothed, so that's not what I had before then!!

Now there's a story..... image

• Tui na??????????Got me baffled....image

• Does this link work? Messing with online Excel spreadsheet for work purposes of course, still learning!!!image

C:Usersmark.streetDesktopRaces.htm

• That's your local computer mcs.

Check out google docs  (docs.google.com).  You can share spreadsheets there.

• Mcs - I am no IT expert but your file is stored on your computer C drive desktop and is hence not visible by anyone other than you - you could try cut and paste from your excel file onto this forum and see if that works