Options

Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

Comments

• Options

Brilliant post Reiki..

• Options

Well done Mike and Choisty! 

• Options

Ahh I think I understand.  You're saying that they covered the fridge/freezer temperature differential connundrum on Wednesday?

... I'll get my coat.

• Options

Hey Ten - you'll need to run faster than that when reiki gets you in her sights! Sleep with one eye open...image

Good running all! 

This weekend I have mainly been sticking my elbow in people's glutes and my thumbs into "restricted spots" (what you and I would normally call knots which they're not apparently - harumph - there goes my cartoon imagination of popeye muscles) whilst jealously looking at the beautiful hoar frost outside!

• Options

Eek!  One of the disadvantages of being the slowest on here.  I'd better check our list of races and elliminate any erm... clashes.

• Options

Ha! 

Ten I have no evidence for Wednesdays.

SB the old elbow in glutes is very effective I'm finding.  It's new to me, but definitely helps a lot. 

• Options

Reiki - well, that's all the London Pride gone so i better move onto the Guinness - my team should have got at least a draw at Carrow Rd but there you go, when you are in the bottom of the lge things just don't go your way - Hammers had a good win against Chelsea (will they be looking for another interim manager soon ?? Abramovizc dosen't do patience!!)

Not letting Sleepy anywhere near my glutes with those elbows - whips maybe, but not elbows image

• Options

Elbows do vary in pointyness it's true. 

I just caught the ManU v Reading match on MOTD this morning before I left, must get to Upton Park soon.

The same phenomenon applies to tennis where things tend to go with trend.  Or at mile 17 when someone throws a bottle at your head. 

• Options

Chuckles out loud at the nonsense on hereimage image
    Great running Choisty, Mike and Oscarr sounds like you were all on form well done. I had a busy weekend and on Sunday after lunch at a friends we drove back home and I got changed in the car and jumped out at Baslow and did 11 miles of the GGallop route or tried to made a few navigational mistakes. It was a full mile up out of Baslow on to the first Edge, then a lovely run along Curbar and Froggart Edges and with it being icy kept the feet dry and then down off the Edge into the woods which were very wet and I got wet feet then on up through fields to Eyam the Plague village out along a pot holed road which had massive puddles on it some iced over others muddy and messy, then over to Longstone Moor via loads of stiles and up to the Trig point then down Cherpit lane which has been repaired so now its like a race track with crushed and rolled tarmac put into all the potholes so a nice mile downhill to the village and home. Some massive hills which I couldnt run up all the way, too big a lunch and no water with me so have discovered how to do a long run slowly, include some massive hills!! They slow you down. It took me one hour 50 so very slow but probably about four miles of straight up bits so not bad and not really equipped. Hopefully on race day the navigation bit will be out of my hands. Have a good week all.
    Comisserations to Sunderland and hurray for England what a game, where did that come from!!! Better do some work......

• Options

mcs - that sounds a great run on the GG course - wet my appetite for next year

• Options

Dont think it will be a pb course though it will be as never done it before or a 21 mile race. Those hills are tough and the footing on the Edges and coming off is abit rough so need to watch your feet which is hard as you want to check the view at the same time.image

• Options

mcs - i will be treating GG as a long, hilly training run rather than balls out - we've got Coniston 14 two weeks later to bust a gut on image

• Options

Very true though I might be running with my daughter for Coniston though she can go sub two hours for a half I reckon, the last one she did was Sheffield in just over two hours when she was 19 and now at 21 she is fitter and stronger so wants to go under two if she can.  GG will have to be a long very hilly training run anyway its a bit tough to do anything but I reckon especially if its raining, muddy, windy, sunny, snowy, icy or misty....... got soaked on the run into work, felt very easy on the flat of the trail after Sunday's hilly effort. ..... Question of the day who is going to win sports personality of the year? Or who will you be voting for?image

• Options

Morning all!

Liking the sound of Grindleford - sounds like my kind of run - any excuse to slow down LOLOLOLOL.  It's always a bit of a shock how the terrain can make such a difference eh!

Easy sesh on the treader for me again today - I'm doing one of the preset programs and monitoring my average HR at the end - I know, I know image.  Am aiming to do it once a week for a while to see if my HR lowers as it becomes easier/my body adapts to it.  We'll see....

My saying of the day:  "Pain doesn't have to be tolerated, discomfort is to be expected!"  Yes -  I made it up but it's to remind me that inflicting pain during massage can lead to more muscle trauma than existed beforehand!  Bear that in mind next time you're squeaking - but ask yourself if it is pain or discomfort before you leap off the plinth! Everyone's tolerance level is different!

• Options

mcs - no idea - I don't really believe in personality contests - they're too subjective! image

• Options

Nice session at the track last night with an amusing "world's first" - well for me at any rate.

I have a 10km road race on sunday so I thought I would practice some laps at somewhere a bit quicker than my anticipated race pace.....so after the obligatory warm up we awaited "Coach's" instructions: 4 x 800's off 3:30 mins recovery.

After the first set, I was told off for running too slowly ( I was holding back) and told to move down to the middle group. This made me chuckle as I had just run the 800 in 3:05 or 6:05 min/mile pace.

Suitably chastened, I then banged out the next 3 sets in 3:01; 3:02 and 2:58 which is a range of 5:58 to 5:51 min/m (Garmin, so probably not exact).

So a good session, but I will not be running 10k at that pace I don't think or I would be home in 36:xx which isn't on the cards, not even a Christmas card!

• Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Hoping I'm ok for Bedford on Sunday (got tummy bug). Who's going and fancy meeting up?
  • Options
    Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

mcs - no idea - I don't really believe in personality contests - they're too subjective! image

The Sports Personality of the Year contest has little in common with a true personality contest.  Otherwise Andy Murray wouldn't have made the shortlist.

I'd love Mo Farrah to win it, but I suspect it will be Bradley Wiggins.  What a wonderful year though, to have so many potential winners.

BoD - I decided to give the Bedford Half a miss this year.  It was a hard decision to make, because I really enjoy that race.  Hope you make it to the start line and do well in the race.

SB - heart rate monitoring is a great motivator!  I have a thermometer next to my treadmill, because the temperature also has a bearing on heart rate imageimage

Mike - you should be ashamed, running that slowly image  If I ran that "slow" I would image

• Options
    I never got to the point of entering Bedford, just as well as I have to work now, well not exactly work but I am mandated to attend AB awards ceremony because j have won an award.

Hoping to get a slow 10 in first.

Had a fab massage today with considerable discomfort!
  • Options

Awsome times there Mike you are flying well done. Just been looking round to see if I can see a 10K near me over the holiday period. Never raced a 10K.  All the best for a recovery for Bedford Bo! Not nice.......loads of kids seem to have it at the moment near us.image

• Options
    Over in west Wales seeing my son and his very pregnant wifey - due in a week's time. Plenty of hill work for me this week.
  • Options

Boredar is the extent of my welsh!!! Have fun Oscar....

• Options

Morning all - just gearing up for an out and back progression session, waiting for light and thawing.

• Options

Meanwhile it's snowing!

• Options

Crikey reiki - get yer woolly knickers on love!  Enjoy making those first footprints!

Agility class with Rascal for me  (I'm sure thast counts as intervals! image) and then MTB + yoga.

Am on countdown here now - my training starts to increase in the New Year and I'm looking forward to it.  The problem I have with base training/having a seasonal rest if that I don't feel like I'm doing anything - although I know I am really from a physiological point of view! Och well - I'll be eating those words after my TRX sesh tomorrow!

Have a lovely time oscarr - hope your midewife skills aren't called into play in the middle of the night!

Voting opens today for the 26.2 lot - how odd does that feel!

• Options
    Thanks guys - we had a hail storm last night when taking the dog out - really hurt on the face and head and the dog was most confused!! 8 mile hill run for me today.
  • Options

Freezing up here this morning............cycled in with gloves and polar buff. Dentist at 5pm and then off to see Jools Holland tonight at Sheffield City Hall, looking forward to it, he does a great concert.
    Flat marathons for a sub four effort next year then guys suggestions please? Milton Keynes is a flat one May bank holiday Monday...............image

• Options
    Mcs - Abingdon in October is flat and a lot of folk I know got PB there this year- need to keep keen eye out for entry which this year opened on feb 1st and was full inside two weeks. Chester is also October and is flatish but uphill in the last few miles. MK sounds a good one in the spring is flat and great stadium finish but not a particularly inspiring route if you want scenery as well.