For Runners Who Travel

Hi everyone

I have just starting writing a running travel blog. I hope to have a brief guide on running in different cities around the world, with a suggested 6-10 mile route for each place I have been to. There will be a few photos from the route included so you know what to expect.

The idea is that runners will be able to have a read prior to or upon arriving in a new place so you can plan your runs while away on holiday or with work.

So far I have published Las Vegas, Beijing, Dubai, San Francisco, Doha, Brastislava, The Algarve, Rio de Janeiro, Paris, three cities in Austria, Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Munich, Melbourne, Marmaris, Miami, Rome, Barcelona, Lyon, London, New York, Monte Carlo and Luxembourg City, all from my own experiences.

In the next week there will also be guides for Madrid, Valencia, Hong Kong, Brisbane, my hometown of Woodbridge in Suffolk and many more to come afterwards!

This is not a money making idea or spam or anything like that, just something I have written purely for the benefit of other runners as I know what its like to be somewhere new and have no idea where to run.

I have setup a Twitter page @runworldguide for the blog but it would be great if you could take a look and give me some feedback whilst it's still in its infancy - good or bad!

Hopefully you will find it interesting and useful. It would be great to hear your thoughts on here or by tweeting @runworldguide

Feel free to spread the word!

Thanks,
Tom

http://runnersguidetotheworld.blogspot.co.uk/ (remove ?'s if they show in the link...)

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hiya Tom,

I enjoy reading your blog but maybe to help runners out there who want to run the routes you suggest - have some downloads available with short instructions for the route so that they can print/remember it easily. I know that you did a summary for some but it's not easy to find (same goes for the cities as well).

E.g.

- Head out on SOLMSTRASSE towards the tower and keep going until you reach 4TH TRAFFIC LIGHTS
    - Turn right and keep going until you hit the park
    - Run round Park using large loop (follow the path not the lake)

For me when I travel - I get a tourist map and get somone to mark a good area to run and i'll go there/around and see how far I get. You might also want to note instructions like: No street lighting/no suitable after dark etc.

Good luck with your blog and travels.

• That's a really good point Emma, thanks a lot for the feedback. Really appreciate it!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Am happy to provide feedback - as great as your blog is to read - if you're marketing it as a "tool" you need to make sure that it can be used image

I normally give people my "used" maps when they're going places that i've been so your version seems a lot more practical!

• Brilliant! Thank you for doing this. I go into Europe regularly for both work and play. Your guide to Munich pretty much echos exactly what I did last week - glad to see we all eventually sniff out the same routes.

• Great to hear IKFY - Great minds think alike!