Paris Losers

Comments

• Stick with it Kaz!

I had a much better day yesterday as in I counted kcals ok.  Previous few days had been ok in terms of not eating crap just no particular counting.

• Stick with it too DLR - you're in the hard bit at the moment. Once you feel more in control, you'll start to feel it's easier to stay on the wagon. Success breeds success.

Here's an insight into the female mind, lads: In a fit of I don't know what today, and as a treat following a rather uncomfortable female procedure, I bought a pair of skinny jeans. Like the tiniest bloody pair of jeans I have ever seen in my life. I need teflon coating to get into them, and then I'm sure I burn about 50 calories jumping around to pull them up. I have been assured they will relax in fit. I've worn them today with boots over the top. This seems like the norm in Europe, but not here. Not a look I'm sure I can pull off, but nobody laughed at me.

KO's: if that's really your job then we were destined to meet. I have dreams of setting up a consultancy in the not too distance future for which I will need a top-grade editor....

• MM: I bet you look absolutely smokin' in those jeans. I used to hate skinny jeans + boots (I thought my legs were to "muscular"), but I think they really do make us runners look pretty damn hot. Rock them -- you've got the body for it! And, it seems indeed we were destined to meet. I'll send you a PM.image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Maus - one of the many thinks that I loved about Paris and the Parisiennes was the way they threw together different styles and items of clothing and just wore them.

More often than not, it worked - a few times it didn't but they didn't seem to care.

Embrace Paris. Wear your boots, Set trends, don't follow them. It sounds like the only person that you need to convince, is you image

As K says - Rock them.

• DLR - 1lb off for me this week have been off at home with young Master NGUG so no chance to access a computer.. therapy sounds interesting.. look forward to hearing the next instalment..

MM - all my jeans are skinny ones and they are the best when wearing boots...

• Hi everyone,

I've been unforgivably rude to you all for not thanking for your words of support and offers of help with The Job Application. I would have loved to have got one of you to proof read it for me, but there wasn't really enough time and it would not have been fair.

It went in at 2am on the dot - I wasn't sure if 8 June meant cob or midnight, so to be sure I assumed cob.

They will probably think I'm a raving lunatic, but they'd be in good companyimage

Anyway, thanks again for your offers. When circumstances permit, I will be picking your brains as there are big movements in Maus-Land. 

And thanks for your words of support on the skinny jeans.

I have magically dropped 1.2kg overnight, putting me 200g under my goal weight. I'm not sure this can be true given the intake yesterday. But I got the same result 5 times...we'll see what the scales say tomorrow.

It's a long weekend here for the Queen's Birthday - just shows how backward Australia is. We could've actually, you know, just had the long weekend the same weekend as the Diamond Jubilee. Just sayin'...

• MM - Congrats on achieving goal weight. image

Weigh inn complete  this morning.

DLR - figures are +700g, but quite sure its water retention so no major panic today!!! But -1% BF on last weeks figure.

To be honest the figures are not really mattering too much as I can see a difference. Weigh ins, counting etc are to try and keep me on the straight and narrowimage There has been a few slips this week, but I am going to try and be better this week again.

• MM - Forgot to say, I am rather envious of the skinny jeans. I can only dream of ever getting in mine again.image

• Kaz, I'm sure it's a false read. There's no good explanation for a drop of that much. Unless worry burns more calories.

And the skinny jeans...you have to feel confident enough to wear them first...I'm not but I'm going to have to fake it 'till I make it!
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My arse + skinny jeans = meltdown

That is all.

• 'forgot' to weigh this morning so will do so tomorrow am - wont be good I think.

Congrats mm on hitting goal.

@dlr - you struck me as a slim running type when I saw you at Leeds half.

I just need to avoid red wine... It is like a gateway drug
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Hey all...well...I found a way to curb my appetite for a day.  Got heinously drunk on Friday night/saturday morning...woke up on saturday at lunchtime and spent about 3 hours wrapped around the toilet.  Couldn't even open my eyes as the room was spinning.  Water wasn't even staying down.  Ate absolutely nothing all day, managed a isotonic drink about 8 and kept it down with much effort.  Am still reasonably delicate today so no running either. image Got a pretty good ab workout from all the hurling though image

Had a busy week so just catching up on posts:

DLR - writing down stuff when you get triggered would be very difficult but can see how it's totally worth it and how there would be quite a bit of petulance invovled.image

KO - yay for skinny jeans.  I'm working up to it.  Have moved from bootleg to straight leg and if weight goes down then I may move to skinny jeans...maybe..rock them girl!

and on counting calories...I do it sometimes but mostly if I'm out getting food for lunch etc to get something that's not quite as bad as I could get.  I like how pret etc all label their sandwiches now.

right...time for more sleepies.  2 day hangovers are not good. image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/IRN_BRU_330ml.jpg

For Radar....image

• will weigh tomorrow - I can never face the monday morning weigh in.  I have no idea this week, some good some bad.  My goal this week will be to run 5 times, getting my head right with a  positive attutude to my working will be a read achievement.

RS: I wish I could say I don't have a clue what you have been through this weekend.  Poor you, I have every sympathy for you, and as ATM has kindly posted, fizzy carbs is the only thing that works image

• Sal - yeuch.  Drinking to the point of throwing up much of the next day is one of the things that made me stop.  I was pushing 40 and didn't want to be using up chunks of my weekends like that.  Not that it was that regular but I'd be like that 4-5 times a year and simply hung over most weeks.

• RS: Did you say to yourself "never again" on Saturday morning?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I've never puked from drinking image

There's a lot of luck involved in that statement, I will admit.

• Yer Maj - you are truly an angel. My halo has only slipped once.

I think like DLR, I'm better off without alcohol. I really hate how crap it makes me feel.

2,200 calories today. Not good people. Not good. I was just plain hungry. After 3 weeks of nothing over 1600 cals, I guess I can understand it...

My poor puppy nearly got his throat ripped out at the dog park today. It really angers me when the owner just stands by chatting, makes a half-hearted call to the dog, and then goes back to chatting. She did eventually put him on the leash, only to let him off again a minute later, and it was straight back. I had to leave. Poor puppy was very upset. Possibly not as upset as his mother.

• I need to vent and I want to screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm. Must be better than wanting to eat. image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Get it out, girl

• MM  - I hope you and your puppy are ok......I hate dog owners like that. My boy has been attacked a few times, by dogs much smaller than him. It really freaks me out when it happens.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz - I'm sure it freaks him out too. Little dogs could be dangerous to your fella, he could choke on one image

• Orbutt -lol.

I am feeling really awful today. I got up for my run but had to go back to bed.image  Hopefully by tonight I will be ok. I think it is just stress.image

• get better soon Kaz, your running is a real inspiration.  I am back in the saddle and keeping up running for the first time since Paris, tried intervals last night - first time on my own with my watch - top tip - don't set it for 5 hr intervals with a 2 hr rest and wonder why the bloody thing isn't bleeping at you image

• Awwwwww thanks Audrey.But lol at the watch!!! Intervals for me tonightimageimage

• still feeling poorly?? do you have the energy for intervals??  I am sticking to the running plan this week by only promising to put my shoes on and see what happens, so far so good!  cross training for me tonight  - that means spin and swim image

• Audrey - I did my intervals last night and have done a 5 mile recovery this morning. Feeling ok apart from a mega sore head?? Not enough caffeine or dehydration it feels like??? Anyway managed both runs ok apart from my 'moment' this morning when I couldn't remember how to switch my watch back from interval mode to normal mode so ended up running with it beeping a me every few minutes. Spin and swim rather you than me!!! power walk with my pooch tonight followed by core work in front of the tvimage

• I HATE my watch - I can't bloody work it!  My interval training was without GPS which means I can't track the distance I covered each interval grrrr and what the fig is a lap button!!!! ok I am going to calm down now, I can't decide if I am an idiot or the instructions could be better, glad you are feeling a bit better, I think it would be nice to borrow your dog, a walk and calm down would be welcome 

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz - nuts to the power walk, if I had your dog I'd buy roller boots image