Winter 100

12345679»

Comments

•  PMO What was the final verdict on beeswax for feet ? Is "Burts Bees" hand salve what u used? Found it in H&B . Only problem I can see is that if you do develop a blister the Compeeds won,t stick!

• Final verdict is it worked well on this occassion. After 10 hours feet were in good shape - no wrinkling and no blisters. Couple of points to note - it does harden the skin which could lead to deep blisters/cracks, so manage callouses before applying. And I didn't vaseline my feet and ended up with mild grazing on the side of my toes where fine mud particles were collected (I think). More work needed...

Yep, that's the product I used. Applied it 3 times in the week leading up to the race.

• Aye Lirish, I did have my race face on, just wanted to get the damn thing over & done with as soon as possible if truth be told. As Wib said, I was on a mission. Just wanted to get that slam sorted & I was out of there.

Sorry we didn't chat Dill, but I'll see you at the GUCR if not before. Cracking on for a sub 30 time there if it all goes well and I dont get a stress fracture my leg like last time.

Just to add to the feet discussion, I wore both Wigwam & Drymax socks for the race, both worked remarkably well given the conditions & the amount of mud we had to run through. Changed my socks at 50 & 75miles. No blisters & no lost toenails either, not that I had many nails to lose anyway.

I did have lots of problems with the mud Silting up the insides of my shoes though, running  through clean water helped clear that but the problem was actually finding some clean water out there!