Friday 4th May 2012

Morning

Lyrics today are because of new thread format. hate it.image

Yesterdays lyrics: Robbie Williams.'Let me entertain you.'

What:3,5M easy.

Why: legs heavy and its raining. A dreich Friday.

Catch up soon.

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

I had to read that a couple of times to work it out Pammie - that's a drastic chop!

Alehouse - is that what you think it is, post-marathon recovery? Hope you're right. I guess I think of it as 'just a marathon' after doing the IM and perhaps don't credit the extra intensity involved plus I'm used to getting straight back into gentle training after one rest day post-IM. Don't like watching my weight and body fat creeping up either. Good news about the work - as you say, may as well whilst you're rehabbing.

NZC - you seem to be getting back out there quite frequently, no ill effects for you?

birkmyre - dry here but that's about as positive as I can get. Forecast dry for the weekend too but cold.

What:              nothing
    Why:               still ill/being sensible
    Last hard:        reading the scales this morning
    Last rest:         3/5

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    New format is truly shit. What: Friday longish ride Why: Crunchie Friday Last hard: yesterday Last rest: Monday 23rd April Lyrics: Yes I did intervals with my squad last night and today I am actually not in pain. For those in the know they will understand the significance of this and the fact I have done 14 miles since Sunday.
  • Return of the runner Gobi?

The new format seems very childish.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all, new format is very chatty...

gobi I just weighed myself so I think I will pass on the crunchie...

Oh lmh, you too with the scales, rotten not training isn't it, well from today I must try harder...

what: biked in  to work, 21.16 miles in 1.44

why: I need to exercise

last hard: this morning

last easy: days and days before

have a good day all, have lovely weekends

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A nippy 8 miles d&d.

Deck painting later weather permitting.

New Format - A bit shitty alright but we'll get used to it. Cant see any Lyrics - I reckon thats just me.

Gobi - Delighted to read that.

LMH - The scales cant be that bad  - and anyway, it'll fall off!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    The damn page doesn't show up in my bookmarks !!!! LMH - track star maybe but not the old runner, he is gone. Wabo - I shall still eat my crunchie, at 7kgs over race weight I seem to have stopped worrying and only stress at 10kgs over race weight.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Good morning all,
    Hmm not sure about the new format, but that seems to be par for the course: just as you get used to a format, they change the layout "to improve customer service". Hmmm RW not the first and will certainly not be the last....
    Paddy - hope the rain stays away for deck painting...
    Wabs - nice work on the wheels
    Pammie - hope the teeth get fixed
    LmH - I'm sure the marathon hangover last longer than we think... I'm rubbish at not easing back for long enough..
    Yesterday was club handicap (not done it before) but had a new boy turn up so ran it steady with him instead (8min/miling) plus 2-3 miles either side warm up. Probaly best in the long run rather than go for a quick time on tired-ish legs
    Today - 4 easy

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

gobi, yes I have just seen how many calories I burnt up and make you right maybe I should just have the crunchie!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    A crunchie WILL make you happy
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have come in once more to say, goodbye I'm actually only posting on 2 threads these days and have decided after this new and rather annoying change that I can't be bothered anymore. I'm on Fetch and will get emailed messages if anyone contacts me. Take care all.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Gobi  oh no, don't leave us image

Paddy  hope the rain stays away.

Some good news over here.  I gave in my notice yesterday, and my boss said there is a large possibility that I may be able to keep working for the company but remotely.  So there's hope yet that I may not be unemployed!  Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

What: guess (nothing!)

Why: flying out tomorrow and resting image

Got a good weekend of sightseeing planned before Monday, am excited mixed with scared!

Have a good weekend, I will post when I'm back (v late Monday so prob not till Tuesday),

• Have a great time emzap!

Gobi - I must admit that removing myself was my immediate reaction to the changes but I'd miss the people on this thread too much (about the only one I post on now) so will have to adapt.

Should we hope the rain holds off or not Paddy? image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    alehouse wrote (see)
    Emzap: rest! (I think Chick is a native German...that's why she writes better English than the rest of us.)

Thanks ale - that's a great compliment image. Emzap - I lived in England for 12 years but moved back home in 2010. Best of luck at the weekend! The work thingie sounds positive. Feel free to PM me for questions and stuff about Germany. Happy to help if I can.

Gobi: understand what you are saying ... still hope you reconsider.

Pammie: dentist ... Ouch image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Thanks Chicka I may well take you up on that.

Now, any advice on drinking a few days before a race?  I haven't drunk wine all week but now I'd really like just one glass.  Is it going to make any difference if I just have one?!

Taxi for the airport booked, everything packed.  Now just need to cook dinner and relax image

• one at all - apart from helping you to relax! I usually have one the night before with my dinner. Enjoy.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

What: short walk

Why: calf playing up...not sure it is just Achilles

Lyrics: yes

Forum: no

Gobo: oh no

LMH: yes I do think the marathon has taken a lot out of you...you weren't at your best going into it if I remember.

Off to meet L35 coachee plus her king charles (not seem sice pup) plus L60 mum. Both should be racing an off road 5k tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gobi: Sorry to see you'er leaving us on here.

Right catch up time.

Turned out a decent Friday up here weather wise. Cold, but sunny.

• That should have said 'None at all' emzap- hope you had a relaxing glass.

Thanks Alehouse, I think you're probably right, just don't like to face my fragility image Hope the calf doesn't turn out to be anything new - when are you back at the physio?

Sounds like our weekend forecast birkmyre.

• Deck Painted, no rain! It looks bleedin gorgeous

Tomorrow its weed eradicating, Stone raking (dont ask) jet washing and skip filling (might spill into Sunday/ Monday)

I will fit some training in too. Daugter makes first Communion next week and there's a crowd coming. Benefit is that all the Summer jobs will be done!!

Take it easy Gobi.

Ale - I'd say youre past the frustration stage now, into the waiting stage - next is improving!!

• I wanted to do a 40 mile bike today, as the roads had dried out. Obviously I'm sneaking a bit of paid time here, but hey ho I do lots of work type stuff in the evenings. By the time I got out the heart really wasn't up for an exploratory ride through uncharted hilly territory (aka Forest of Dean). Another day. Instead I chose the regular 20 loop, with time in hand to go swimming.

I'd barely gone 4 miles when I got knocked off by a van who was going for a gap that wasn't there. I was there. It's OK, it was low speed and sort of side to side. The bike didn't make contact and is fine, I've just got a minor graze. It looked impressive to the other drivers though. Anyway, I did the 20 mile bike, and went to the pool as well for 45 minutes in the water.
    Note, this is not 45 minutes swimming, not even half that. Although still officially crap I feel that there may be minor improvements identifiable.

Being careful with the knees: no running today.
    I understand that Gobi wants off, as he appears everywhere on the t'interweb. This halls up they've made to the forum is annoying.

• Apparently you can't say crap with an @ now.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

WTF has gone on in here..... not good....

Rest day today - yesterday was a 3m tempo run with 1k either side as strapped for time.

Tomorrow am working in the west so taking in Killerton Parkrun first.

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Blisters:  I take it the van was white! Glad you are OK! Shame about the vocabulary restriction, though.

LMH: next appointment is 14th May...we were all expecting a big improvement by then. Time yet!

Paddy: nice cross training! In one way I am beyond the frustration...until I start to walk quickly, and simply want to break out into a run, but know that I can't. Just try to keep sane by telling myself that much worse things happen to people. Improving? May be some while yet. Now where's Gobi?

RFJ: from what I hear of Killerton it could be rather muddy. Enjoy!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Question. Do I stay up for half an hour just to annoy the early bird thread starters?

No

I don't think that the day starts until after you've slept and you've got up to start properly. Nighty night.