Saturday 5th May 2012

emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Up nice and early for the flight!  Birds are chirping away. 

Blisters silly van, I'm glad you are ok though.

LMH yes, and it was a good plan, definitely relaxing!

Enjoy the bank holiday all.

Comments

• Safe journey and a great weekend emzap.

Blisters - glad you and bike are ok. I think the thread starters would have welcomed your contribution.

Alehouse - hope you see the expected improvement soon.

Paddy - lots of brownie points in the bank from the sounds of it.

What:            45 minute easy run
    Why:             ready to ease back
    Last hard:      resting
    Last rest:       4/5

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I will squeeze in 10 at some stage. 

Deck painted, dog kept off it all day by walking him around the garden on lead for his "ablution breaks". Just as i finish the last brush stroke, home arrives mrs PM, impressed enough with the deck but lets out the dog to run all over my freshly painted masterpiece!!! Jasas

Em - enjoy

LMH - Good easing

Ok, so where are you all hiding the lyrics

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Paddy: no lyrics shown when I am on my phone, but they are there on my laptop!

Emzap: someone posted acouple of years ago that they had left their marathon on the sightseeing tour they did that much walking! Be warned! And enjoy Monday!

Lyrics: know
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • G'day. 25k this morning. The reverse of a route I ran a fortnight ago. This time was much easier. If training continues to be this fruitful then I shall pencil in a spring 2013 marathon. And to think I only did this because someone in the house threw my parkrun barcode away!

Might enter a local 10k on the Bank Holiday so rest tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    Blisters - glad your OK
    Gobi - come back!!!!
    Paddy - jet wash? no hosepipe ban then?

RIP - Adam Yauch, I don't think they are his lyric today?

What - 10m easy
    Why - can't do the garden (more rain)

Have a lovely weekend 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

eeek, Blisters image. Glad you are ok. Them damn van drivers image

sevendaughters: Good luck racing the bank holiday 10k if you decide to enter. Do you really have 7 daughters by the way image??

No long weekend here image. We had the Tuesday off though - May 1 being German Labour Day.

Ah, the hosepipe ban ... brings back fond memories of our life in Essex.

what: 7 slow miles
    why: conserving energy for tomorrow's 5k
    last hard: can't remember now - somewhen last week
    last rest: 23/4

• Chickadee: I don't have any kids at all! It's just the name of a song I like, and also the name of a seminal work in the field of mitochondrial genetics! Thanks for the good wishes, going to enter a 4 mile road race in mid-week instead. Best of luck with your 5k tomorrow.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

hope blisters is ok, will read back..

oh dear paddy after all your hard work, not good..

7 daughters good luck with the race mid week

nice trip emzap

cycled home last night 22.5 miles, double header done on the bike yesterday which was good...

what: got back in the saddle this morning for 9 miles, ouch ouch sore backside!! lowered saddle all good, also did tai chi this morning

why: its what I do saturday

last hard: cycling home last night! oh and saddle this morning

last easy: all behind me!

have a good day

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon

What 8 commute
    Why time
    Lyrics No

Adieu Gobi
    Bonjour encore Blisters.

Went to post with "Wake up late for school, man you don't wanna go!" but emzap beat me by about 15 minutes. That'll teach me to leave the washing up from the night before.

Have not run recently due to pressure of course work which I have now decided to drop in favour of a lower level course starting in October. This will not effect my final grade and ought to be a lot less stressful. Another positive from this decision is that it will enable me to concentrate on Abingdon.

• Yesterdays lyrics: Run to the hills by Iron Maiden

FA Cup Final now

Be back later.

• Just for the record and before yiz call the cops - No hosepipe ban here!! And i'm on my own supply, so no water rates either!!!

No run in the end due to my chores, but will get out in the morning - first thing. I'd put down today as good cross training though (as someone already suggested. 

Mayube i should touch wood but the weqather here was glorius today - warm and sunny!

• Need to catch up now.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

hi all,

What - killerton parkrun 10th in 21.00

Why - in Exeter working so rude not too

Last Hard - today

Last rest - yesterday

take care

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Good evening all,

Oh dear, Blisters.. need to read back.  Hope you're ok.

RFJ - interesting, I'm in Exeter too today.  Which always makes me wonder what 40 minutes is up to.  Son 1 tells me he is still about and involved.

No running yesterday or today.  Today there was travelling, and yesterday's omission was stupid.  I had been attempting to do without some of the doubtful chemicals.  Oh well.  I tried.

There's always tomorrow.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Yes I thought of 40 today too as svereral of his club were running, I was working near Crediton, on the railway carrying out 2 safety assessments