Options

How to tell your friends and family that you are going to run a 100 miler!

13»

Comments

• Options

Weight loss! not a problem I have, I went from 13st to 14st in my first year of Marathon training and am stuck steadfast on 13st 10, 8 marathons in 8 months and I've lost 4 pounds. Hate to think what'll happen if I stop

• Options
    I stopped running for 2 weeks recently cos of injury and I lost 2kg. I persume that my appetite reduced.
  • Options

Well the theoretical just turned to reality, just grabbed a confirmed place for 2014 Marathn des Sables, just need to tell MRS S now .... so if I might trouble you, my fellow forumites for a just a few moments positive thoughts, if you could face in the general direction of Nottingham and send that positive vibe my / my wife's way about 8PM tonight I will be forever in your debt!

• Options

Ha ha - practice it, talk about the TV and the soaps and just casually add "and by the way that 100 mile run I told you about, I'm going to have to do it" then run...

• Options

So, not just any old 100-miler then...

• Options

All - Thanks, don't forget +ve vibes washing over Nottingham @ 8PM.

I have said that I would do it if I could get in so shouldn't be too big a surprise still its one thing when its a maybe another all together when its a £3.5k, 8 days away from home definite.

I think the compromise will be less other events 2013 / 2014 to put some balance back in family life. 

Anyway still can't stop smiling. I know its not everyone's cup of tea as a race but for me it's so far beyond what I previously could possiby have been able to conceive doing @ 40 years of age having spent life up to my late 30's as a 17st beer monster.

• Options

Thank-you all, the positive vibes must have found there way through the clouds to Mansfield! Begrudging acceptance is how I would charecterise te reaction. I can build on that, I hope.  Mind you I am perhaps being lulled into a false sense of security suspect revenge may be costy and hand bag shaped.