Cardio foundation

I’m on a program of trying to build a sound cardio foundation, I am trying to keep my MHR below 80%, for me this is 149 BPM, to achieve this I have to drop my speed which is so frustrating especially as I am in training for Dublin, I’m assured my speed will increase but do I have the time?

Comments

• I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to find a quick and easy way to train for a marathon? If so let us all know if you find one.

Training for Dublin? Are you a Dub? Are you going for this years one?
  • Hi Tunney

I am training for Dublin Marathon in Oct, I am not looking for a quick training session I am on a program for the marathon and I am in week 11 now, I have run a Marathon before and several Half Marathons, what I am trying to do is build a good solid Cardio Foundation to give me the endurance, this is a program that is used I believe for triathlon competitors prior to events to build strength and endurance, I guess my question is should I be trying to achieve both a good level of cardio stability which means slowing down my natural pace for an alleged short period of time or should I just focus on the Marathon program and forget the cardio control program at this stage before a Marathon ?

For information I am no natural athlete but I know I have a sub 4 hr Marathon in the old legs.