PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

Comments

• I'm also local but NOT doing this, but I'd book up accomodation now if I were you...

• Thought you were doing the half-arsed Cat?
  • Not doing the full.

I'm hoping the half is the club middle distance champs. I'll also see how the season goes.

• image Fraggle didn't know you lived there epect me to pop by next festival now to borrow your shower.

• Cake wrote (see)
    UltimateBadger wrote (see)
    Hi. Don't normally post on here (usually over on the 'dark side') but I am in. 1st iron distance. cr@pping it already. Looking forward to absorbing your collective wisdom image.

image Mate I won't cr@p it until you see the likes of me or Meldy skipping towards you thats scary a IM is going to be easy fellar. There is a thread called fatman to ironman you might find useful as well. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/triathlon/fatman-to-ironman/191464-307.html?lastunread=1&lastviewed=10115789#lvm

Cheers Cake. Someone be nice to the new fella eh and add me to the list? image

• What, like this Badger?

CH - entered
    Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Iron SwissBobby
    Rafiki
    M.eface
    Ultimate Badger

• Solid work there Blisters.

For some reason it went all screwy when I did it...image

• Oo oooo .... am looking. Might be the half for me. I think I'm a bit Ironmanned out image

• Just as long as you are there, Hope! imageimage

• I'll be there to scoop you up at the end... don't worry image

• image Best work on your guns, then, if you're going to try to scoop me up! Because there's nothing of you (as you admitted to SportieDoc earlier!! image)

• And there is a lot of Gladys! image

• Right, I'm booked in at the Premier Inn in Marlow. Didn't fancy the Catherine Wheel after reading the reports of 2am disco's! image

• Good shout- doubt if Premier Inn Marlow have any wedding receptions image

BTW Challenge Henley folk just went one notch up in my estimations. I lost a pair of Oakley sunnies in T2 and thought that was that. On the off chance they might have been handed in I called the Challenge team and hey presto they were in lost property and are now winging their way to me.....my faith in mankind is restored.  

• Whats the parking like Bedders - as I plan to exploit the comfort of my own bed!!

• At the event? It needs a bit of planning TBH. Lots of it but split Transition means your car is at T1 about 2 miles from the finish. Options are cycle back to your car along the road (with bags and wetsuits around your neck) or take the water ferry which I did not want to wait for. Or have a sherpa park at the Finish (easy) take all your gear for you and cycle back to T1 without all the clobber (what I did). They may of course have a different system in 2013 

If however you mean parking at the Premier Inn Marlow I have absolutely no idea!!!!

• Cheers - I meant at the event. Think I'll go for the sherpa approach!!

• Hi.

Newby alert.

Should I book one night or two? I mean, is there any reason to stay on after the event? Like a piss up.

• Blisters, as this is the official Pirate Champs for next year,  there is normally an 'award ceremony' the following day, which I believe may involve alcohol - so you may want to book an extra two nights!

• "like a piss up"??? You think we do this for the exercise and glory?! Of course there's a pissup!!!image
  • There will indeed be a pi$$ up and awards ceremony the following day.

All the sheilds and the Gladys'ing prize will be up for grabs image

• You say that like there will be any competition!
  • Gosh hotels already!
    I've entered the Half because I'm a bit poor at the moment and a half is enough to keep me out of trouble for the year without the mammoth training hours.
    I'm also gonna be a sherpa. image 

• eeks... well i have successfully entered challenge henley.. will be my 1st long distance tri so any advice welcome!!! do i need to book hotels soon? and if so i guess for the weekend if there is celebration (or otherwise) to be had... 

• Welocome to the party Irondreamer image

CH - entered

Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Iron SwissBobby
    Rafiki
    M.eface
    Ultimate Badger
    Irondreamer

• There will be trouble when the List Fairy spots what you've done.

• I live to upset the Fairy....... although I won't live for long when she finds out image

• Good job irondreamer. My first too. I wouldn't hang around too long for hotels - at the Premier Inn they don't take any money until you've checked out so you've little to lose. I also paid an extra £10 or so to allow me to modify the booking at any time, in case things change.

Right, when can I start asking questions about Fink...? image