Wednesday 23rd May

It's hot here at night, lonely, black and quiet

Morning all

What possible 8
Why Time
Lyrics seasonal

Seems to be a lot of pirate talk at the momment. I'm firmly in RFJ's camp.

ttfn postie

Comments

• Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: Ultravox:'Dancing with tears in my eyes."

Morning postie.

What:5M Steady on a Warm Summers Morning

Read that again you lot. Warmimage

Sun now shining over my shulder.

Younger son has Higher PE exam soon and I can see 'The Cooper Test 'beside me VO2 Max Test.

Catch up time.

Lyrics: Not sure postie.

• Morning

Alex Nice report, well done

Server was down at work so popped downstairs to the pool, 3.5K d & d will bimble on the bike tonight but looking out the window there is a sandstorm on the way which may make it interesting.

Stickless: Still in Dubai, though I did buy a house on the Wiltshire Dorset border last month so the return to blighty is being planned. 

Blisters; Swimming is a odd sport improvement is not linear but comes in sudden big improvements and long periods of stagnation, however I went from zero to IM in 12 months so anyone can.

• Morning.

Heavens no Blisters! image It's a virus - first diagnosed pre-VLM for which I seemed to make a miraculous recovery but which was unfortunately followed by a gradual decline back into ill health in the days that followed. DD is spot on with the swim stuff, you work at it for ages then make a little gain then plateau again for ages and repeat. You're having lessons which is great, next most important thing is to get in the water as often as you can - I'd say three times a week if you can manage it, even if just for short sessions.

Alex - great report. Could you have been suffering from cold shock with the water or do you have asthma at all? It's really good that you kept going and had a good race. Are you still feeling rough?

Edited as I forgot - I seem to have survived my run and tough afternoon walk to Beck Hole and back yesterday relatively unscathed. Cough was a little annoying overnight (this is a new development) but RHR is down, throat and glands slightly less sore/swollen - yay! Legs however are in shock. I'm hoping that a little wander for some supplies will ease them enough that I can persuade them to propel me, if gently, on the road bike for an hour or so later. By choice I would swim but the swimming pool here is only for the very brave.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Thanks for the tapering tips guys. Really enjoyed reading that tri report too Alex.

Nominal rest day yesterday as I left for a meeting in London at 6am and only got home at 1.30am. Train joy persists. Also must have clocked about 6 miles walking around, and in hot weather. Beats the tube though.

Dovestone Diamond 10k later.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya,
    LmH - hope that you can shake the virusy thing
    Alex- top stuff mate, well done
    DD - sounds good , whats the nearest town to your UK place (that I might have heard of!)

yesterday - had to can the club session (but fortunately the Bonadarenko was rescheduled for next week as coach away!!) as SWT had issues at Wimbledon. So stood at Waterloo for 75 minutes, followed by 3x tempo walks between platforms 6 , 9 and 10 to find a train that I could get on, follwoed by 1 hour 10 minutes standing in a corridior. Got home and decided a 6.6 mile recovery run over the country lanes was in order.
    Today - probably nothing, busy here so won't get out at lunchtime, and catching up with some pals later. Besides sun is out and it must be magners season.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

loved that report alex, what distances were the swim and bike?  I had that feeling once when I started a swim, in my case I set off too quick and felt sort of panicky! It was only a pool though...

lmh sounds like you are feeling ok today after your run, just leg aches which I suppose is to be expected.

what: I am goingto do a  time trial on my bike later, not an official organsied one but using the course of one that happens on Fridays, the bigger boys do it..

why see where I am

last hard: last night

last easy: last tuesday

have all my marshalls inplace for our club run sunday hopefully! Then I have to cycle round and check they are where they should be and then sweep on the bike.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Have a good race sevendaughters.

Wabo - be careful, a lot of the time trial routes are a bit notorious for traffic.

Well, fog persisted, in fact worsened, as the morning progressed so after a gentle walk to loosen the legs (which worked nicely) I took the mtb out for an hour, managed just short of 300m of ascent. Of course by the time I arrived back the fo had burnt off and the sun was shining - not that I'm complaining but it would have been nice to do some miles on the road bike. Off for another possibly adventurous walk now on a route that Mark has planned. I may be gone some time.........................

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh, thanks, I have cycled it as it happens, its not too bad.  Country lanes but you are right you do have to be cautious

• 6.5 lumpy miles walked. The things I do for marital harmony.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Brief pause from marking!

What: couple of k walk plus 8 x 12 secs slooow running

Lyrics: nope

7D: would have loved to be at the DD 10k, but injury and work precludes. Hope it went well...perfect evening for it!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

well I was pleased with that and enjoyed it! did a warm up lap 5 miles in22.5 mins and then the 10 miles in 39, had to stop for horses too so I can improve on that.  NOt mega fast maybe but quicker than I thought I could do

hope the lumpy miles werent too bad lmh

• A cracking summers day up here all day todayimage

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

should have got yesterdays lyrics... doh

What - 7m Hilly Tempo Run
    Why - Making use of Chesterfields Hills
    Last hard - Today
    Last Rest - Mon

Take care