Eating!

Hi

I've been running for a couple of months now and am still trying to get to grips with when to eat. I was eating a meal a couple of hrs before heading out but this made me, shall we say, need the loo image(  Since making this connection i have started eating a lunch then have nothing for 3hrs prior to a run, then eating a meal (sometimes) when i get back in (depending on the time.) All, in all, i guess that there is a better way of dealing with this but not sure what. Was wondering if anyone had any advice please? Thanks

Comments

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

If I run after work, I have lunch at 1-ish then perhaps a banana on the way home and have a meal afterwards.

Weekends, porridge or muesli an hour or two before I go is usually ok.

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I try and run on empty regardless of what time of day I run. I used to feel that I had to have something before track sessions with the club. I get a stitch if I've had anything to eat or drink before running.

2-3 hrs should be enough for most people but I like it to be much longer than that. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the right food. i can't drink black tea as it makes me feel really bloated, so does orange juice.

• Thanks guys, some real food for thought! (sorry about that lol). Guess i'm gonna have to play about with different foods. Must admit though, ran my first 10k a few weeks back and was so worried i took some anti diarrhea tablets before the race in case i needed to go! Didn't actually have a problem, just didn't want to have to go to the loo half way round!  Not sure if anyone else does this!?!