What's your favourite cake or bun?

Personally I like a nice Chelsea Bun, although if the US chain Cinnabon had a local franchise I'd definitely be a regular.

Comments

• at the risk of opening up the whole jaffa cake/biscuit debate.....

• im also quite keen on scones.

• Belgian buns.
  • Ginger cake.

• Carrot cake
  • I quite liked the buns on the young lady who was just ahead of me on the towpath yesterday.

• A really good victoria sponge with home made jam and fresh strawberries on the top.

• chocolate eclair / profiteroles/ elephant feet

• Did you take a bite out of one Mutts?

I agree with Catalin, you can't beat a good, light as a feather Victoria Sponge.

• Carrot Cake - de-flippin-licious

• I can't pick one, but generally I prefer cakes without icing, such as fruit cakes, and ginger cake.  Carrot cake is good to - it is iced but with a less sweet topping than something like a victoria sponge

• Proper Victoria Sponge shouldn't be iced Caz, just dusted with icing sugar.

• There is icing in the middle though

• kittenkat wrote (see)

Custard Slice

Me too

• Ah OK Caz, I've only ever had Victoria sponges with cream and jam or fresh strawberries and jam but I know some people use icing when it's going to be eaten over a few days.  Too sweet for me with icing.

• Portuguese custard tarts image

• Coffee and Walnut - yum yum. A regular custard tart is a nice sunday treat with a cuppa but the Portuguese ones are rather good too.

OH made a very tasty lemon Madeira cake yesterday. A Nigella recipe apparently. A bit on the heavy side though - a whole slice is really too much. Anyone care to help us finish it off?

• Someone bought me a book of Nigella recipes once but I gave it away after making a few items - everything was on the heavy side.  Maybe that's why Nigella and her squeeze are on the heavy side!